Bitcoin is easy.

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Piromanu87, May 16, 2019.

1. bambam333

bambam333 Member

No worries it can be confusing at first if your new to it. Depending like what platform you use, for example coinbase cash app Gemini etc. that’s why I was saying cash app seemed to be the most simple for simple transactions and ready instantly

2. M. Tugboat

M. Tugboat Member

Damn, this bitcoin business makes me feel like my grandma whenever she tries to use her cellphone or the internet

MCFC likes this.
  3. bambam333

bambam333 Member

Haha it’s like that the first time u look at it from the outside but it’s nothing actually very simple

M. Tugboat likes this.
  4. M. Tugboat

M. Tugboat Member

Does anyone use Monero?

5. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Plenty of people do, but not too sure around here. Depends on who you are sending to and what they accept.

6. Scamp1052

Scamp1052 Junior Member

I feel the same way. I still havent taken the plunge I have the coinbase app and cash app ready to go but everytime I start I get nervous and stop especially when they ask for my bank acct info. I was thinking of just opening an acct just for crypto. I need to get it figured out soon as no one takes alt. payments anymore.

7. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Not all suppliers will handle Monero but you might need to convert the Monero to BTC or BTC Cash or whatever crypto type the supplier accepts.

If you are concerned why not open a basic checking account at a credit union and only use this account for your crypto purchases with cashapp? These have low to no fees and give you a debit card too.

8. Scamp1052

Scamp1052 Junior Member

I think thats what I am going to do. I need to get it done as everyone uses it.

9. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Well worth it as the majority of credit unions offer fraud protection as well and you might only lose $50 at most if there's fraud. Cashapp accepted my credit union's debit card no problemo even did a test $10 transfer to cashapp.

10. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

Jeez, I feel so out of touch with technology (age appropriate mild retardation)... I tried to get into using bitcoin 2 years ago, but got turned off by the fact that I had to meet an actual local person to give them cash and wait for them to drop money into my wallet. "Eff that" I thought.. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt just purchase bitcoin with a credit card or bank transfer online... Things must've changed. And I am glad because I have desperately been wanting to order from a well known online source.

Canesfan8701 likes this.
  11. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

I dont get this at all. I just opened up a mycelium app/account and it says I have to meet up with someone in person? This is exactly what stopped me from doing this 2 years ago... What do I have to do to just buy online? Thanks

12. Piromanu87

Piromanu87 Junior Member

I didn't have to meet nobody in person, just backup your account, and fill it with BTC.

13. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

I just tried to buy with Mycelium using their "Credit Card" option. They asked me to upload photos of myself holding my passport and credit card ffs... what is this shit lol? The whole idea is to not attach all my personal info to my Bitcoin.

How else can this be done? I do not know what it means to 'back up my account'

14. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

Just had "Simplex" (what a name ) cancel my transaction because the request for a photo of myself and my documents lol...

2 years later and here I am starting to believe it is impossible to obtain cryptocurrencies again.

Can you fill in the info about what to do when you are standing in front of the BTC atm? I see that my Mycelium wallet has a QR code to scan. Do I just scan it at the machine and feed some bills into it?

Thanks again

15. Piromanu87

Piromanu87 Junior Member

Yes, you scan your qr code and give it cash, in a few min or hours your btc will be available.

TestiCult likes this.
  16. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

Cool sounds good, thanks for the tip

17. Shredded2thesocks

Shredded2thesocks Junior Member

I just tried Coinbase and now I have a 12 day hold
    So I went to cash app and the confirmation email isn’t sending.
    So now i am thinking about libertyx cashier 50 miles from me at truckstop that supposed to sale bitcoins.
    Anyone have experience with this type transaction

Canesfan8701 likes this.
  18. Canesfan8701

Canesfan8701 Junior Member

I’m reading and learning more about it, it sounds confusing all the hoops you have to jump through

19. TestiCult

TestiCult Member

I would abandon the coinbase altogether. 19 day hold on average. There are lots of other exchanges out there, pick anything else besides coinbase

20. Canesfan8701

Canesfan8701 Junior Member

Some of the sources from what I see only accept bitcoin or am I missing something