Breaking 300 bench- Test/mast/anavar

Trying hard to understand this. Maybe everyone's just different. I don't do heavy lifts anymore but 315lb bench? I was 18 when I did 315, then at 20 I did 405lb. I didn't try aas until I was at least 22-23. That cycle I was mainly focused on building legs squat was 535lbs for 7 reps. I never could bring myself to even try a 1x max with squats. I didn't even use a belt or wraps. The first time I tried wraps I injured myself so said f that.
Fantastic. Do you remember what your weight and your conditioning was like while you hit those lifts?

Also NFL player saquon Barkley had a viral video for eight 460 ish lb raw squats. Were you a pro of some kind?

Bout to blast again. From what I have seen this will be a feel good cycle. My main goal is drop the slight extra weight I got and break 300 bench. Don't think the second part will be a problem with even the way I progress on a cruise.

Thinking test/mast. 600/400. Might start a little lower with mast and build up. My question is do I front load or back loaf anavar and how much during a 4 week cycle
Taking a gram of gear to bench 300lbs at 38 and 195lbs is so sad. I did it at 15 and 175 natty, my buddy did it at 17 and 143lbs competition raw and natty. Steroids are not magic.

while I agree that 1 rep bench of 300 should be a prerequisite for gear, I also don’t believe that all these guys were repping 315 multiple times when they were 18 unless they happened to be genetically really big and lacked respectable leanness/conditioning or had some other X factor that 99.9% of lifters don’t have (eg if they truly started from the very beginning at 225 bench or so). Anyone can say whatever numbers they want online when it comes to strength really. At hardcore bodybuilding gyms, guys are generally doing high reps on machines, not cranking out 315 bench multiple times

Last edited:
I understand, but trust me I'm not elite or anything. In fact I naturally sit at softer body fat level, untrained I was nothing special. Bench press was my hardest lift, now it's my best. Remember you can always do something about it and achieve your goals if you really want to. But you really have to want it bad and put in the hard work.
Curious what bf level you naturally sit at

while I agree that 1 rep bench of 300 should be a prerequisite for gear, I also don’t believe that all these guys were repping 315 multiple times when they were 18 unless they happened to be genetically really big and lacked respectable leanness/conditioning or had some other X factor that 99.9% of lifters don’t have (eg if they truly started from the very beginning at 225 bench or so). Anyone can say whatever numbers they want online when it comes to strength really. At hardcore bodybuilding gyms, guys are generally doing high reps on machines, not cranking out 315 bench multiple times
And they’ll downplay 5+ years of wrestling/football that got them strong as shit before they “started” lifting weights.

back to original topic, OP, how were your gains on TRT doses the past 2y? Did you try building up your bench on just TRT alone before any big blasts? At the risk of contributing to the groupthink of all these e-statters, I think you should keep trying to build your bench up while you’re on more normal cruising doses. I imagine there is no big rush for you to get to 300 max bench asap. Realistically, raw gym strength has less real world benefit than, say, body fat percentage.

All that said, this thread has inspired me to get to 315 bench for reps (which I’m admittedly not at right now) on my cruise dose

Underrated comment.
I think what I consider hitting 300 and what everyone else considers hitting 300 might not be the same. I hit it off cycle, freshly walking into the gym but it was a struggle. I meant I want to be comfortably moving 300 without almost dying. I'm a lot stronger than I give my self credit for. When I do start max, I've already ripped 180 3x10, 75lb dumbells 3x10 and hit cables. I figure it could already hit it seeing i hit 225 so easily, but I wanted to build strength around a goal.

back to original topic, OP, how were your gains on TRT doses the past 2y? Did you try building up your bench on just TRT alone before any big blasts? At the risk of contributing to the groupthink of all these e-statters, I think you should keep trying to build your bench up while you’re on more normal cruising doses. I imagine there is no big rush for you to get to 300 max bench asap. Realistically, raw gym strength has less real world benefit than, say, body fat percentage.

All that said, this thread has inspired me to get to 315 bench for reps (which I’m admittedly not at right now) on my cruise dose
I hit it already. I have growth on trt(cruise) but my diet/rest isn't as dialed in because I'm just a little less focused. Legitimately, I think I could have hit 300 before I started cycle just hadn't tried. Was doing 225 over and over. I have a lot of foundational strength from putting in consistent work for so long and gradually increasing.

yea honestly OP, you’ll prob just have to experiment yourself and see what’s possible, but make sure to keep track of health. There’s always gonna be people online who try to act like they can do xyz, and you or they have no way of adding any color or receipt to their statement

Back