Calculating half life for PCT

dtto

As suggested, PCT is recommended to commence ~2 weeks after last pin on a test only cycle. So on a 10week cycle of 250mg 2x/week I did a calc using an online calculator.

Consider Test C (I dont have any) as an example, I used an online calc. It shows that even on week16 there would be 9.3 mg

Any insight into this? trying to learn more.

heres a screen shot of the results.

Attachments

• test C half life 2502x per week.GIF
    test C half life 2502x per week.GIF
    109.6 KB · Views: 24
that chart looks all kinds of wrong to me. if you are injecting 500mg of test a week, you should have significantly more than 70mg of test in your blood by week 10. also, the correct timing to start your pct is determined by the halflife of the compounds you take, which is largely determined by the ester attached to the steroid. so taking test prop will give you a very different time to start your pct than taking test c.

test c has a halflife of approximately 6.5 days, meaning that if injecting 500mg, after roughly 6.5 days there should be 250mg left in your body. for the sake of easier calculation, and erring on the side of caution, lets work with a halflife of 7 days, and a shot once a week.

week 1 500 mg
week 2 750 mg (500 injected + 250 left over)
week 3 875 mg
week 4 937.5 mg
week 5 968.75 mg
week 6 984.37 mg
week 7 992.18 mg
week 8 996.09 mg
week 9 998 mg
week 10 999 mg

as far as i know, you want to be under 50 mg of aas in your bloodstream before you start pct (this could be wrong, if it is, anyone please feel free to correct me), which would mean this:

week 11 499.5 mg
week 12 249.75 mg
week 13 125.87 mg
week 14 62.43 mg
week 15 31.21 mg

meaning that i would probably not start pct before the beginning of week 14 at the earliest, and not before week 15 if i had a limited supply of pct meds.

Yes I didn't quite get the 70mg calculation. In the input i definitely specified 250 2x per week. Also the half life of Test C on that site was 12days :confused:

I've hear cyp is 12 days where enth is 10.5 days... I've been off of my test e for 7 full days, I was going to wait 21 before starting pct... I did a simple test e cycle. Is that timing appropriate?
Edit:
I had to decrease to 350mg/wk for 4 weeks to draw my cycle out a little bit to match with competitions... by my last pin was exactly 1mL.

Oh ok. I've been researching this as well. Seeing people saying that its between 5-8 days and some say 12 days o_O
Jim Or scally can probably give better answers, but as far as i know active halflife is influenced by factors like bodyweight and injection site. Given that bodybuilders are usually quite large, and dont have a lot of fat at the injection site, i think that for most of them the half life is probably on the short end of the estimates.

I've hear cyp is 12 days where enth is 10.5 days... I've been off of my test e for 7 full days, I was going to wait 21 before starting pct... I did a simple test e cycle. Is that timing appropriate?
Edit:
I had to decrease to 350mg/wk for 4 weeks to draw my cycle out a little bit to match with competitions... by my last pin was exactly 1mL.
You can do the math if you want precise answers, but with cyp/enan esters i usually wait 4-5 weeks before pct depending on dose, and run it a week or 2 longer than the usual 4 weeks if i have any doubts.

You can do the math if you want precise answers, but with cyp/enan esters i usually wait 4-5 weeks before pct depending on dose, and run it a week or 2 longer than the usual 4 weeks if i have any doubts.
what about 500 mg/ml weekly of test c ? how long should be waiting before pct ?

Back