Caloric intake on a cut

DN1998

Hey guys, quite new here, been taking my time reading up on the forums and just gaining a lot of insight from you all

A little about myself body wise, 25\M I haven’t got a dexa scan done, or calipers to truly determine my BF Percent, but visually which I know isn’t a great method I’m assuming around 25 percent is where I’m sitting, I’ve lifted for three years and can tell I’ve created foundation muscle wise, but I’m kinda in a stump about determining my caloric intake. My waist is about 32In, weight is 190, I’ve been on a cut now for about nearly 2 weeks now, I’m sitting at 2500 calories, macro wise it goes by day for me, protein is always spot on at about 210-220
As for fats and carbs, I go by how I feel, typically if I’m feeling more drained one day over the other I’ll add more carbs that day, typically next day I’ll feel more energized so I’ll add more fats and less carbs, this could be hindering me but I’m not entirely sure.

Couple other things to add, I typically get 15k-20k steps a day, one day might be less at 7k-9k steps, I work out 6 days a week, having one rest day which typically lands on Wednesday, I’ve tried my best to determine where my maintenance is which I’m thinking it’s 3k-3.1k calories, I definitely could be overestimating or underestimating, I’m just trying to look for a critique, am I doing something wrong, am I following the right direction? I would also add I’m prescribed TRT 200mg a week, pinned twice a week at 100mg, probably the best I’ve felt in years.

Any help would be great, thanks again!

Eat 300 less then you where doing pre-cut. Then adjust downward as plateaus hit. Get rid of unhealthy fats first then drop carbs as needed. That is my short version.

Eat 300 less then you where doing pre-cut. Then adjust downward as plateaus hit. Get rid of unhealthy fats first then drop carbs as needed. That is my short version.
Sorry, if I’m not understanding this correctly, as for pre cut, so I should be aiming for about 2700 then? Which my maintenance being at 3000.

Sorry, if I’m not understanding this correctly, as for pre cut, so I should be aiming for about 2700 then? Which my maintenance being at 3000.
If 3000 was what you were actually eating and not a calculation from a theoretical chart for your size/activity, then yes to 2700.

Do you have macro app to log all foods,etc?
If not my net diary is free.
Log your weight.
then your goal weight.
up or down and will calculates what your i.take should be..
I'm cutting my self..
want to hit 215..
currently 228..
my caloric intake is set 2170..
Your at 2700 which seems tad high for your weight to cut...
Jmho..

Have you tried dieting in the past?

Do you have macro app to log all foods,etc?
If not my net diary is free.
Log your weight.
then your goal weight.
up or down and will calculates what your i.take should be..
I'm cutting my self..
want to hit 215..
currently 228..
my caloric intake is set 2170..
Your at 2700 which seems tad high for your weight to cut...
Jmho..
I use my fitness pal, free version works great, as for I’ve cut in the past, but that was years ago before I took any of this seriously, I’ve built a frame of muscle that’s just been sitting under this fat for past couple years now, as I’m going on my third year I’ve come to realize the mistakes I’ve made.

As for calories, I would typical eat around 3k calories a day, I started the Cut doing 2500 a day, I’ve noticed some change as for veins slowly starting to show, but this is only the end of my second week of this going into my third.

I’m very active I’m typically walking around 6 hours a day and averaging 15k-20k steps almost daily except for maybe one day out of the week. As for lifting I lift 6 days a week, my days off off work I incorporate about 50min of cardio as well, I was best trying to get a overall standing of where I’m sitting at and looking for advice along the way.

I use my fitness pal, free version works great, as for I’ve cut in the past, but that was years ago before I took any of this seriously, I’ve built a frame of muscle that’s just been sitting under this fat for past couple years now, as I’m going on my third year I’ve come to realize the mistakes I’ve made.

As for calories, I would typical eat around 3k calories a day, I started the Cut doing 2500 a day, I’ve noticed some change as for veins slowly starting to show, but this is only the end of my second week of this going into my third.

I’m very active I’m typically walking around 6 hours a day and averaging 15k-20k steps almost daily except for maybe one day out of the week. As for lifting I lift 6 days a week, my days off off work I incorporate about 50min of cardio as well, I was best trying to get a overall standing of where I’m sitting at and looking for advice along the way.
hey man if it's working at 2700 ride it out..
good luck!