Can I improve my diet?

I think most people missed this.

OP is not a bodybuilder trying to maximize skeletal muscle hypertrophy gainz, despite posting on Meso.

He's eating for health. While plant proteins usually constitute less to total protein intake than animal proteins, some studies show plant proteins are associated with better health outcomes. Correlation yeah but not everyone needs to eat steak for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Probably the best diet for longevity is mediterranean. On top of that you can add easily some whole eggs more often, even 4-6 every day and get the best micro and macro nutrients. I can't see why whole eggs are inferior to pea protein, soy milk and a bag of nuts. And i'm not opposed to nuts, i just think 20-30gr a day is plenty. OP's diet plan seems like it's structured by a vegan who forgot to remove the salmon and the egg. Also, raisins, dates, that many fruits and juices throughout the day, i don't know how they help metabolically, perhaps too much sugar for longevity.

You can eat steak in moderation, once a week or twice a month won't harm anyone. Just make sure to buy the ones who cost, organic farm raised etc.

1724749437731.png

I can't see why whole eggs are inferior to pea protein, soy milk and a bag of nuts. And i'm not opposed to nuts, i just think 20-30gr a day is plenty.
I agree that eggs are a superior source of protein. I have the pea protein because it’s low in calories and it doesn’t come with the risks of other proteins.

Eggs are associated with diabetes

And cancer

And pea protein seems to be quite healthy

“Pea proteins are generally hypoallergenic and possess health benefits such as anti-oxidant, anti-hypertensive, anti-inflammatory, modulating industrial bacteria activities, and lowering cholesterol”

I would go vegan, but I don’t feel like there’s enough evidence in favor of a vegan diet yet. So until more evidence supports it, I’m thinking of sticking to 1 egg and 100g salmon a day to hedge against the possibility that a vegan diet isn’t best.
raisins, dates, that many fruits and juices throughout the day, i don't know how they help metabolically, perhaps too much sugar for longevity.
Raisins and dates are low GI. I have them with my oats and nuts/seeds to slow the absorption even more.

The fruit is paired with the pea protein and macadamia nuts to slow absorption.

I have the grapefruit juice right after my dinner so that it’s paired with the highest fibre meal of the day.

If I could avoid the sugar in fruit, I would. But I can’t avoid the sugar without avoiding the fruit, and there’s more evidence to suggest high fruit intake is healthy than there is evidence to suggest high sugar intake from fruit is unhealthy.

It’s a bit like the salmon. The salmon has mercury, plastic, and other pollutants, which are unavoidable if I want the health benefits.

You can eat steak in moderation, once a week or twice a month won't harm anyone. Just make sure to buy the ones who cost, organic farm raised etc.
What’re the health benefits to steak?

I think most people missed this.

OP is not a bodybuilder trying to maximize skeletal muscle hypertrophy gainz, despite posting on Meso.

He's eating for health. While plant proteins usually constitute less to total protein intake than animal proteins, some studies show plant proteins are associated with better health outcomes. Correlation yeah but not everyone needs to eat steak for breakfast lunch and dinner.
While studies show vegetarian life styles better then the average persons. When factoring in the vegetarians are less likely to be over weight, smoke, drink, they work out more etc. The lifestyle seems to be a big driving force not necessarily just the food. When low fat meat diets with plenty of veggies or the Mediterranean diet are looked at they seem comparable from the studies i have seen. And many Mediterranean countries where people live inland eat red meat and still get the benefits of that life style.

Last edited:
While studies show vegetarian life styles better then the average persons. When factoring in the vegetarians are less likely to be over weight, smoke, drink, they work out more etc. The lifestyle seems to be a big driving force not necessarily just the food. When low fat meat diets with plenty of veggies or the Mediterranean diet are looked at they seem comparable from the studies i have seen. And many Mediterranean countries where people live inland eat red meat and still get the benefits of that life style.

Yeah, you can go down the rabbit hole of reading blog posts where people debunk The Blue Zones. Lots of confounding with non-diet related healthy lifestyle factors.

I agree that eggs are a superior source of protein. I have the pea protein because it’s low in calories and it doesn’t come with the risks of other proteins.

Eggs are associated with diabetes

And cancer

And pea protein seems to be quite healthy

“Pea proteins are generally hypoallergenic and possess health benefits such as anti-oxidant, anti-hypertensive, anti-inflammatory, modulating industrial bacteria activities, and lowering cholesterol”

I would go vegan, but I don’t feel like there’s enough evidence in favor of a vegan diet yet. So until more evidence supports it, I’m thinking of sticking to 1 egg and 100g salmon a day to hedge against the possibility that a vegan diet isn’t best.

Raisins and dates are low GI. I have them with my oats and nuts/seeds to slow the absorption even more.

The fruit is paired with the pea protein and macadamia nuts to slow absorption.

I have the grapefruit juice right after my dinner so that it’s paired with the highest fibre meal of the day.

If I could avoid the sugar in fruit, I would. But I can’t avoid the sugar without avoiding the fruit, and there’s more evidence to suggest high fruit intake is healthy than there is evidence to suggest high sugar intake from fruit is unhealthy.

It’s a bit like the salmon. The salmon has mercury, plastic, and other pollutants, which are unavoidable if I want the health benefits.

What’re the health benefits to steak?

Steak and eggs are good sources of low carb protein. If you're trying to run a deficit, lean beef and egg whites.

I don't think either are bad for you. Unprocessed red meat just got a pass so just avoid Spam and bacon.

Steak and eggs are good sources of low carb protein. If you're trying to run a deficit, lean beef and egg whites.
But so is protein powder, and it doesn’t have risks associated with it

Unprocessed red meat just got a pass so just avoid Spam and bacon.
Where?

This observational study from 2023 says it’s still preferable to avoid red meat