Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Children with autism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cramps88, Jan 10, 2018.

1. RandallNowan

RandallNowan Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

One of the hardest things we are dealing with is that his little brother is 2... And we have to treat the two of them differently. It's hard to do, and hard for the 2 year old to handle... He idolises his big brother.

2. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

We actually have that issue as well. My children are 8,almost 3,and 1.5. The youngest follows and tries to mimic her brother all the time.

3. RandallNowan

There's no easy way to explain to them that their sibling's behavior is going to be different.... And you expect different standards from them! Not at those ages, anyway.

On the surface, to a child or other naive observer, it appears unfair. And my kids all have a very strong sense of fairness!

Cramps88 and ickyrica like this.
  4. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

One thing of note having multiple children at different ages it is very cool to see all the different personalities develop even at such a young age. I marvel at how much individualality they all have.

Kakarot and RandallNowan like this.
  5. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

I am starting to be at a bit of a loss concerning Jr's sleep. I'm not sure what me and my wife are doing wrong at this point but eventually last night she broke down and said she feels like a complete failure. Every time either one of us tried to put him down he just wailed and screamed and had melt downs. Even frustrated I just stay calm with him so he doesn't get agitated hoping that doesn't further fuel him but it doesn't seem to work.

6. EarlHickey

EarlHickey Junior Member

Sleep was an issue of mine for years. I was prescribed Risperdal and Trazodone for the purpose of sleeping but once I got older I loss the need for them and I actually sleep really well now. Give it time, it will improve.

7. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I was on risperidone 7.5mg for about a year. Talk about being a zombie. I feel bad for anyone that needs meds like that :(

8. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

I am for sure. Surprisingly I actually have a lot of patience and just keep trying. It just gets difficult seeing the toll it takes on my wife because she always thinks she is doing something wrong. I'm the type that stays calm and deals with things pretty calmly even if I'm struggling inside.

RandallNowan likes this.
  9. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

Growing up I had quite a few mental health issues and even developed more as I got older and lived life. I was on a lot of medication as a kid but always hated them. I was even on quiet a few as an adult but about 5 years ago I decided to come off of them because I was so doped up I was a walking zombie. I still have problems but I've managed to deal with them and find outlets to keep myself busy. Lifting is probably the best medication I've ever had over the years. I understand the need in some cases but I think some doctors are too quick and over prescribe as well.

ickyrica likes this.
  10. EarlHickey

EarlHickey Junior Member

Agreed. I sometimes question what powerful psychoactive drugs can do to a child's developing mind. I know it probably affected me.

ickyrica likes this.
  11. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

@gr8whitetrukker. So I'm trying to get my son on a sleeping routine so last night I noticed something. So my son is incredibly attached to his mother his world revolves around her just as my older daughter sees me. So last night I found it a lot easier to put him to bed because his mother works 12 hour shifts at the hospital and is gone a couple night a week. He even slept soundly until his mom came home this morning. Have you had any similar experiences with your son? Even his behavior is a little worse because he is always commanding his mother's attention and she can't always give him exactly what he wants in those regards. I'm curious if you did experience something similar how did you possibly balance everything out.

12. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yes

13. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

14. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

Definitely one of the roughest weeks I've ever had with Jr. He was completely out of control and I could not get him to sleep at night to save my life. His aggression was dramatically up. I don't really understand how he can do so well for awhile and backside so hard. What a puzzle he is at times.

15. RandallNowan

I think part of it is hormonal for them.
    "having a grow" is very tiring and draining.

So some weeks fuck them a lot worse than others.

16. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

ickyrica and RandallNowan like this.
  17. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

Fuck yes. That is horrible. I don't even have words for what a piece of crap he is. I understand cops have to be cautious but you would think they could tell the difference. Thank you for sharing.

Morefyah likes this.
  18. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Yeah man my girlfriend teaches autistic children. This shit pisses me off. This cop was way out of line!!

19. Cramps88

Cramps88 Member

Challenging Behaviors Tool Kit
    I thought this was some good information especially those who are new to dealing with the behavior issues that can arise with autism.

RandallNowan likes this.
  20. I'll add something to this thread. I have a nephew who's diagnose and living with autism. His parents did not understand why their son was different and "acting" out. My wife's a speech language pathologist and she's the one who convince the parents to seek early treatment and care. All I can say, with the right treatment and care professional--it made a world of wonder for him. He does act out with aggression-it's because his needs are not being met. I can't answer as to why your son has sleeping issues w/you. But kids with autism likes routine and it take them longer to adjust then "normal" kids. I can ask my wife on ideas and suggestion- But if you're from a state that offer early treatment for children- I highly recommend you seek it out. In CA (where his parent lives) they have I believe one of the best early treatment program (speech, persona coach, etc) for autism in a child. The State has program to help them get in to public school that pays for his treatment. I say, just love and understand him.. He's unique and difficult at time.. but trust me.. he's worth it and the beauty they show is pure--no filter--their love for you as their father is 100000% pure.. Good luck!

Cramps88 and RandallNowan like this.