Compatible or counter productive

It's a tired old meme, asking vegetarians "how do you get enough protein?"

It's very easy for a vegan to get more than enough protein. And anyway, with that much gear, protein requirements for muscle hypertrophy are significantly less than for a natty.

But also agree it's a shit-ton of gear, even for an experienced bodybuilder.
Not so easy for vegans to get complete proteins no ? Not all protein being equal and that

Not so easy for vegans to get complete proteins no ? Not all protein being equal and that

It's easy. Don't rely on only one food for protein, which no one does anyway.

Tons of protein shakes with rice, pea, hemp, etc protein blends. Or just eat high protein mixed meals.

Animal products are the easiest way for sure, especially if you're low carb, but it's not difficult to do without them.

I don’t think I gain a lot due to my diet. I’m vegetarian so my protein intake is definitely inadequate. I’ve been on the deca primo combo with the test for 5weeks and feel great. This is my second time with this combo at the same dose for a total 3cc every fourth day. From everyone’s reactions I guess I’m messing up
Can you say why vegetarian?

3g of gear and you're not growing... almost makes you think this stuff isn't magic. i'm def not a BBer, just an older fuck getting strong, and a little bigger. Sounds like you need more calories, and probably less gear if you want to make it to "older guy on gear."

just my $.02, take it for what it's worth

Can you say why vegetarian?

If your reason for asking this has anything do to with bodybuilding, it doesn't matter. Any macro ratio/combination can be achieved with vegetarian diets.

It's easier to go high protein low carb with animal products, but not difficult to achieve the same with vegetarian options.

I don’t think I gain a lot due to my diet. I’m vegetarian so my protein intake is definitely inadequate. I’ve been on the deca primo combo with the test for 5weeks and feel great. This is my second time with this combo at the same dose for a total 3cc every fourth day. From everyone’s reactions I guess I’m messing up
Haha I think what you mean is your injecting 0.75ml primo, 0.75ml Deca and 1.5ml test every four days. That is not the same as 750mg/750mg/1500mg. That would likely be 125mg primo, 225mg deca, 375mg test.

Please learn how to measure your intake of drugs before taking them, my lord

Haha I think what you mean is your injecting 0.75ml primo, 0.75ml Deca and 1.5ml test every four days. That is not the same as 750mg/750mg/1500mg. That would likely be 125mg primo, 225mg deca, 375mg test.

Please learn how to measure your intake of drugs before taking them, my lord

Holy shit, if that's the case.......... @Jaypope592 ??

If your reason for asking this has anything do to with bodybuilding, it doesn't matter. Any macro ratio/combination can be achieved with vegetarian diets.

It's easier to go high protein low carb with animal products, but not difficult to achieve the same with vegetarian options.
You are right. You have to know how to go about it.
My question was whether he is doing it for ethical reasons, in which case what he takes "on top" is not objectionable. Making up for what he thinks he is missing, whatever you think about it.
If it is because meat is bad for you, it gives you cancer etc, then all the drug taking (in whichever dose that might be, as I read above) becomes a different thing, in my eyes.

You are right. You have to know how to go about it.
My question was whether he is doing it for ethical reasons, in which case what he takes "on top" is not objectionable. Making up for what he thinks he is missing, whatever you think about it.
If it is because meat is bad for you, it gives you cancer etc, then all the drug taking (in whichever dose that might be, as I read above) becomes a different thing, in my eyes.

That's fair. Hopefully it's not because they think meat is unhealthy to eat.

I understand the vegan ethical argument but they go off the rails when they say meat causes everything bad from cancer to heart disease.

Unprocessed red meat fares pretty well in epi/obs studies; it even comes out as healthful in some studies as long as it's not paired with meat in Hot Pockets, pizza, or other ultra-processed foods etc.

Being vegetarian should not impact your protein intake. There are many vegetarian and vegan protein options on the market these days. You should aim for 1-2g/lb of protein per day, depending on the intensity of your workout routine. Without protein you will not get the results you want, no matter how much gear you blast.

It's a tired old meme, asking vegetarians "how do you get enough protein?"

It's very easy for a vegan to get more than enough protein. And anyway, with that much gear, protein requirements for muscle hypertrophy are significantly less than for a natty.

But also agree it's a shit-ton of gear, even for an experienced bodybuilder.
It's a meme, but I've asked a vegan friend of mine (who works out and says he gets enough protein) what he eats, plugged in the macros, and got like 30g protein

Bioavailability is also dogshit.

It's a meme, but I've asked a vegan friend of mine (who works out and says he gets enough protein) what he eats, plugged in the macros, and got like 30g protein

Bioavailability is also dogshit.
30g protein what? Per meal?
How did you figure out that bioavailability is bad?
Are you talking about any specific vegan protein sources?

Still kickin. Gotta work u know. Anyway so yeah I think I butchered my conversion before It’s 3/4cc and 3/4cc and 1.5cc test every fourth day. Is that way out line? Again I’m trying to figure all this out
Nah that’s actually a pretty reasonable dose man. What concentration oils are you
Using? Test 250mg/ml? Primo 100 or 200mg/ml? I think you said you’re using Deca 300 right?

This is my second time with this combo at the same dose for a total 3cc every fourth day. From everyone’s reactions I guess I’m messing up
If your taking 3cc (3ml) each forth day, lets say as a rough example that ALL your gear is brewed at 300mg/ml (Which it won't be, but we will err on the high side for the math)

3ml x 300mg/ml = 900mg each 4th day

900mg/4 = 225mg/d

225mg/D x 7 = 1575mg/wk

So, its high, especially for where you are at in your body size and experience.... But its nowhere near 6000mg/wk!

If you want some advice, drop your dosage back to 500mg PER WEEK, use the same compounds, just in smaller dosages. If you are vegan, you do you... BUT, you need to understand your diet choices are going to leave you in a protein deficit when training and using steroids. Protein is the LITERAL building blocks for you to put on muscle!

This means, you need to be getting extra protein intake somehow. There are many vegan friendly protein powders available, you 100% need them... and a LOT of them! You problem is a LACK of protein, it won't matter how much steroids you take, if you aren't consuming enough protein, you are never going to put on much muscle!

I'd also be adding in EAA's and BCAA's into your during workout drink and post workout IF you can find vegan friendly ones.

Drop the dosage of the steroids! You are wasting it! Go back to 500mg/wk and dramatically increase your protein intake!

30g protein what? Per meal?
Per day believe it or not. Guy was quite light though, not like he had 100g/day requirement or anything
How did you figure out that bioavailability is bad?
The way it's typical determined? DIAAS.

(other measures--PDCAAS/Biological value/net protein utilization--also show the superiority of animal flesh or animal products)

Here's table for DIAAS (Digestible Indispensable Amino Acid Score)
The right four columns are supposed to be labelled with the header "True ileal IAA digestibility** "
Food Product​
Protein​
g/100g​
Lys​
SAA​
Thr​
Trp​
Milk​
3.4​
0.91​
0.93​
0.92​
0.93​
Egg​
12.14​
0.909​
0.909​
0.909​
0.909​
Bread​
10.5​
0.92​
0.9​
0.91​
0.9​
Cereal (corn)​
7.5​
0.66​
0.76​
0.69​
0.42​
Cereal (wheat)​
11.2​
0.85​
0.79​
0.67​
0.75​
Oats, dry​
16.85​
0.76​
0.85​
0.7​
0.77​
Oats, cooked​
2.52​
0.76​
0.85​
0.7​
0.77​
Cheese​
24.9​
0.91​
0.9​
0.88​
0.85​
Cheese, cottage​
12.39​
0.91​
0.9​
0.88​
0.85​
Corn (flour)​
8.5​
0.76​
0.86​
0.76​
0.78​
Tortilla, corn​
5.8​
0.76​
0.86​
0.76​
0.78​
Popcorn​
12.86​
0.76​
0.86​
0.76​
0.78​
Beans, cooked​
8.21​
0.94​
0.77​
0.72​
0.77​
Peas, cooked​
8.34​
0.9​
0.74​
0.91​
0.89​
Peanuts, dry-roasted​
23.68​
0.94​
0.96​
0.89​
0.84​
Potato, baked​
2.61​
0.52​
0.52​
0.48​
0.47​
Sweet potato, baked​
2.02​
0.53​
0.55​
0.51​
0.47​
Rice, cooked​
2.7​
0.92​
0.91​
0.82​
0.89​
Soybean, boiled​
16.64​
0.8​
0.72​
0.81​
0.68​
Soybean, roasted​
35.22​
0.8​
0.72​
0.81​
0.68​
Soy milk​
3.27​
0.8​
0.72​
0.81​
0.68​
Soy protein isolate​
82.14​
0.99​
0.98​
0.98​
0.95​
Sunflower seeds​
22.78​
0.77​
0.81​
0.77​
0.8​
Wheat (flour)​
10.3​
0.8​
0.88​
0.83​
0.88​
Wheat pasta, cooked​
5.7​
0.8​
0.88​
0.83​
0.88​
Whey protein concentrate​
83.3​
0.91​
0.9​
0.89​
0.87​
Meat (all animal flesh)​
25.01​
1​
1​
1​
1​

Total protein and amino acid composition information obtained from Pennington & Spungen 1 ** True ileal digestibility values obtained from Gilani et al. 2, Evenepoel, et al. 3. 1 Pennington, J.A.; Spungen, J. Bowes & Church’s Food Values of Portions Commonly Used, 19th ed.; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: Baltimore, MD, USA, 2010. 2 Gilani, S.; Tome, D.; Moughan, P.; Burlingame, B. Report of a Sub-Committee of the 2011 FAO Consultation on “Protein Quality Evaluation in Human Nutrition” on: The Assessment of Amino Acid Digestibility in Foods for Humans and including a Collation of Published Ileal Amino Acid Digestibility Data for Human Foods. 2011. Available online: http://www.fao.org/ag/humannutrition/36216-04a2f02ec02eafd4f457dd2c9851b4c45.pdf (accessed on 29 September 2019). 3 Evenepoel, P.; Geypens, B.; Luypaerts, A.; Hiele, M.; Ghoos, Y.; Rutgeerts, P. Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques. J. Nutr. 1998, 128, 1716–1722.

U shouldn't need a study for this though. Intuitively, an animal that's hypercarnivorous in nature won't absorb as much from seeds and leafs as from the flesh of other animals.

you know you're not eating enough protein......yet choose to be vegetarian.....while being ok with taking an amount of gear that would be excessive even for an athlete.....are you for real?

Back