Cowboy's Switch the Darkside

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Btcowboy, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Worf

Worf Member

Government doing what they do best, use the media to cause a crisis and then swoop in with a solution. These people are fucking up people’s business, peoples jobs, causing hysteria all over something equitable to the Flu. I hope people start comin to their senses and turn off the damn news.

2. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I couldnt agree more.

Worf likes this.
  3. Yeah,
    I'm facing total ba bankruptcy for all I've worked for the past 7 years in my company.

Is what it is,
    I have food in the table and my family is okay.
    THAT is what's Important.

Good to hear you're still hitting the gym

Stay swole brother, need to hit that 315 bench.

I'm assuming work is crazy right now... accidents etc like wild.

4. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Sorry to hear about the finances. Due to oil and gas crash here I went that way last year.

Yeah the gym is open for now but the push to close all non essentials is coming. Trying buy all I need to continue lifting at home if I can get it and have the cash.

We have been scaled back on medicals with flu like symptoms, and let the paramedics handle them, unless they are unstable and cant wait for paramedics, this has slowed us down on some of the medical calls, still dealing with fires and MVIs which if we all got sick doing medicals we wouldnt be able to do.

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  5. Very true.
    You are about as essential and essential services can get lol
    Keeping first responders on the road is of utmost importance in times like these

Btcowboy likes this.
  6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well got the mortgage deferal so funds are available if I can get the equipment theu said it starts next month and I have a payment this week but they said if I dont have the funds and it goes NSF they will reimburse the NSF charge

7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Week 4 Sheiko
    Bench
    135x5
    185x2x4
    205x5x3

SSB squats
    135x5
    225x5
    245x4
    265x3
    285x4x2

Dumbell flat press
    50x8
    60x8
    70x8
    80x7

Thinking this will be last workout at the gym as it will more than likely be closed. The firehall gym is closed as well. Trying to get equipment is tough. The lower end stuff is gone, no 45lb plates, no 25lb plates, no 7 foot oly bars only womens bars available. So can get higher end stuff and spend an extra 800 to a grand more amd still no bar to lift it. One store expecting more oly bars tomorrow or Wednesday but things may be shutdown by then or they will sell out before Incan get down there to buy(2hrs south).

8. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Cant get shit without a bar no point buying the rest and have load up on 35s and spend more than I should. Fuck it a few months of nothing but kayaking or walking fuck this shit.

Worf likes this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I have two 45's and twelve 35's. Took what I could get at a reasonable price for now. I do my deficit deadlifts with 35's anyway, so if I get 45's later the 35's won't just be wasted. Have you checked Facebook swap and craigslist?

10. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yup everything here is ISO everyone is looking. I guess the place I looked at today did 100k in sales in the last week it has been that busy

11. Worf

Worf Member

They’re all killing it right now. I guess if I get layed off I can go find a job at one of these equipment manufacturers

Btcowboy and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  12. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

So gave up for now, was pissing me off too much to keep looking. The one store here that had all but a bar can go fuck themselves. Marked most of the stuff up on the quote some by over 100 dollar mark up to their online price, when I called him on it he said well with whats going om we havent had time to change the site, in other words we marked it up due to situation. So when i do set up my gym he wont be where i buy it from.

On that the health authority has told my gym as it stands they can stay open bit of course this can change any time. So gonna do Wednesday workout tomorrow incase it closes Wednesday and I am on call Wednesday anyways

I vape and went to get some vape juice. Talking with the guy there said he knows a powerlifter with a home gym looking for someone to workout with and spot so maybe another option

If all this fails will walk, sprint, kayak and drop weight not much else i can do.

Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.
  13. Worf

Worf Member

I asked our gym if I could borrow some plates and bands and they blew me off. I was willing to let a few people come to train but I guess not. People are acting stupid about this. Still see a lot of people at Home Depot, Walmart gas stations. Etc. Nobody keeling over standing in line for toilet paper but god damn these big retailers are acting fucking stupid as shit about all this” social distances “ is what they are calling it.stay 6’ away from other people etc. I do that most of the time and still manage to get sick at least once or twice a year, don’t see how this is any different.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Silentlemon1011 and Btcowboy like this.
  14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yup just getting stupid.

15. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I had this awesome plan to build an 8x8 workout platform with spot for deads. Excited to workout when I wanted and not missing the plan due to being too busy oh well one day.

Worf likes this.
  16. Pretty much summarizes the situation bro

17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Deadlift
    135x8
    225x5
    245x4
    285x4
    335x2x3
    385x2x3
    405x3x2
    Deads felt great

Bench
    135x8
    160x5
    185x5
    215x2x3
    225x3x2
    185x2x8
    Felt good but benching 2 days in a row arms hating it. But went up nice, had a narrow bar on the bench today so grip was off.

18. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well guess it was a good thing didnt get and start running tren. Once I am sure I have no issues with gym access I may. I just got a Tee that says body built by trenbalogna sammiches so until I do run tren it is false advertising lol

Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.
  19. Worf

Worf Member

Lol

Btcowboy likes this.
  20. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Not sure if this is still available or not, doubtful as posted a week ago. Anyone have any reviews on it, not finding many on google. I am not sure I like the safetys or the chin up, this is used for 650 and I can get better new for 100 more. 20200324_191724.jpg