Cowboy's Switch the Darkside

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Btcowboy, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

My gym just closed.... no weights for me until the shit show is over. Cardio is all I got lol

Worf likes this.
  2. Worf

Worf Member

Damn it

Btcowboy likes this.
  3. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Ya

4. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

This is fucking killing me.... I am lost without lifting... still on the hunt for equipment, passed my name and number on to a someone with a home gym, and my son inlaw may have a couple hundred lbs a bar, a bench and some dumbells so we will see.

Worf and Perrin Aybara like this.
  5. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Just about to pull the trigger on this equipment all new. Only issue is 4 to 6 weeks delivery. I suspect the gym closures may extend past that so makes sense to do this and wait. I will just continue to work out at home. Just waiting on some details and then decide.

1 Full Squat Cage

1 FID adjustable bench

1 7 foot Olympic bar

1 SSB bar

2 hex collars

8 45lb plates

2 35lb plates

2 25lb plates

2 10lb plates

2 5lb plates

2 2.5lb plates

Logan44551, Worf, NovaFlex and 2 others like this.
  6. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

Hell yeah bro! I’m waiting on my mortgage to go through, and I got the ok from the wife to go all-out on a gym setup (I convinced her it’s a better investment than paying a membership fee, and it will pay for itself in 3-4 years). She agreed. Win win!

-one thing you might consider, if you like dumbbell work, is to purchase 2 2” loadable DB’s and some extra 10lb and 5lb plates. It ends up being MUCH cheaper than buying DBs.

7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yup thats my thought, they are gonna have a quote for me tomorrow, then a quick etransfer and wait. Give me time to clean up the spot it in the basement and build an 8x8 platform

Silentlemon1011 and NovaFlex like this.
  8. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

Hell yeah. We’re all gonna have home gyms by the time this shit is over lmao.

Worf, Silentlemon1011 and Btcowboy like this.
  9. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

That would be too funny. But it makes total sense. This lockdown wont be over for months, flu season again in the fall. Fuck it get it now and no more waiting for bench. Get all the bars I want, etc. Then just keep building on it. I am excited

Worf and NovaFlex like this.
  10. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

I’ve wanted to build one for a long time, I just never had the room or an excuse that my wife would buy lol. Now that I’ll have both, it’s on... and yeah man, the possibilities are endless.

-no travel time
    -no waiting for a bench / rack
    -no annoying assholes
    -can play whatever music I like
    -can workout whenever
    -perfectly setup with only the machines I want
    -can try new things without looking like a dipshit (lol)

-I will miss the normies looking at me like a god while I squat / DL tho. Lol.

Logan44551, Worf and Btcowboy like this.
  11. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Absolutely!!!!!

Yeah i remember at a box store gym the first time I squatted 405... the gym stopped and watched lol

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  12. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well the gym equipment store is ghosting me today... hoping to hear tomorrow

13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

The salesman emailed me late last night saying they are swamped and sorry. He will come in early today and get my quote out to me. See if he actually does, want to get the equipment on the way here damn it

14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Ordered this today, 4 weeks delivery give or take. A pretty decent start I figure.
    Going to build an 8x8 platform to set it up on and deadlift on.

20200403_134933.jpg

15. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

So working through getting the platform built. Went out and bought the building supplies today and will build tomorrow.
    Materials
    4- 4x8x1/2 sheating plywood
    1 4x8x3/4 sanded one side plywood
    2 4x6x3/4 stall mat

20200404_153913.jpg 20200404_153912.jpg 20200404_135105.jpg

16. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Also going to build blocks they will be 20x16x4-3/4 and then with some of the left over mat I will also make some shorter ones probably 20x20x2 1/4.

17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

And here is where its all going

[] 20200404_134139.jpg 20200404_134134.jpg

18. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

How much did you pay for the horse mats ?

19. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Too much lol 76 for a 4x6 sheet

20. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

They're $38 at Rural King. In America anyway.

Worf, NovaFlex and Btcowboy like this.