Cowboy's Switch the Darkside

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Btcowboy, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

My last gym had those. I just put one 45 bumper on each side to make it up.

Worf and Btcowboy like this.
  2. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yeah no bumpers here... a couple 2x6 a mnd sheet of plywood gives me 2.5 which will work with my 1.5 blocks for block pulls this week.. may buy 2 bumpers in the near future

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  3. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

So you just pulling deficits? I was doing that for awhile. Some recommend that and only pulling from the floor at meets. Not that much deficit though, just like an inch.

Worf likes this.
  4. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yeah since I got the plates I have been pulling deficit deadlifts. They are 15.75 inches so about 2 inch deficit. Worf has me doing 1 to 2 inch block so need to make up the 2 inches for it or 2.75 off my bigger blocks which is no issues

Worf and Perrin Aybara like this.
  5. Worf

Worf Member

Much more flexible than me, I have to cross my arms.

Btcowboy likes this.
  6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Tried that and felt too unstable

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  7. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

986DCFBB-D100-4F1C-A758-38140F2C13D9.jpeg
    Dude if you have the extra $, Titan makes an awesome block pull stand. I’m gonna pick one up myself sometime in the future. At $70 you can’t really go wrong.

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  8. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Fucking Gallbladder flared up last night. 8 hrs of absolute misery.... still suffering today... afraid to eat yet starving. Thinking its getting to the point of having it removed.

NovaFlex likes this.
  9. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

That sucks. Hope you feel better.

Worf, Silentlemon1011 and Btcowboy like this.
  10. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

Dude, remove it. The worst pain I ever experienced was right before I had mine removed earlier this year...Holy shit. I sympathize with you completely. I wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone.
    -Now that I got it out, I haven’t experienced any pain / reflux or anything. It’ll change your life bro. I was having flare ups 2-3x a week for a month before I got it removed...But I had the issues for 8 years.

Worf and Btcowboy like this.
  11. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yeah this has been ongoing for about 5 or 6 years...Went to hospital once they said when they get tired of seeing me the will remove it. I havent been back since , very selective on what I eat as I know most of what flares it up for me..
    Had a flare up fighting a fore last week was brutal, and another last night the worst and longest yet.
    Looks like an appt with a doc as soon as I can

Oldschool and NovaFlex like this.
  12. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

I wouldn’t put it off. For me, I didn’t even know it was my Gal bladder. The first hospital I went to was so fucking incompetent that they just told me it was acid reflux, and didn’t take my pain into consideration. I didn’t go back until 8 years later (this year), but it was a diff hospital and they did all the tests and told me it shouldn’t even be inside me still.

-Recovery only took me 3 weeks too. I’m sure it’ll take the same or less for you.

13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yeah I dont have a family doctor walk-in clinics hit and miss. Emerg is all I can do but need a flare up again for that... issue is I cant drive during an attack, wife cant drive be an ambulance ride which means my firehall brothers be taking care of me pre packaging lol

Silentlemon1011 and NovaFlex like this.
  14. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

I feel that. I had to wait for a flare up too, and I had to have my dad drive me. Worst 45 minute ride of my life lol.
    -At least if you take an ambulance, they can bust your balls lmao

Btcowboy likes this.
  15. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Crap never live it down...

16. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I had mine out around 08.

Silentlemon1011 and Btcowboy like this.
  17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Day 2 Worfs plan

Floor Press
    135x5
    185x3
    205x3
    225x3
    245x3x1
    Hard on my shoulder

Barbell Row RPE7
    135x6
    185x6
    225x6
    250x4x6

Supposed to SS but cant only 1 set of loadable DBs

High Incline DB press
    40x12
    60x10
    70x10
    70x8
    25lb plates are awkward need to get more 10s

Seated DB curls
    20x15
    30x15
    35x8 drop 10x20

18. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Heres the DBs with 25s so awkward

315.jpg

19. Worf

Worf Member

Well man sorry to hear about that gall bladder, I’m lucky enough to have avoided things like that. Never dealt with kidney stones either. My dad had several. Not pain I wish on anyone. Keep up the good work with the training. How’s the knee pain? Any improvement? How are your hands holding up?

Silentlemon1011 and Btcowboy like this.
  20. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I have both kidney and gall stones lucky me.
    Thanks training going good, some knee pain squatting but went away after. Hands feel fine, shoulder a little aggravated after floor press but getting better..

I was gonna ask whats the idea for next week?

Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.