Critique my training?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by 350lift, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 350lift

350lift Member

Well that’s a definite assumpstion.
    I posted everything in the order that I do it.
    All with specific reason. Can you elaborate one what u do that makes yours so much better than my generic cookie cutter approach?
    Just because mine has structure doesn’t mean I don’t go to fsilure?
    I said all my rest times
    All my sets are 3 linear sets 1-2 reps outside of fsilure.
    I broke my arm bench pressing I know how to push myself.
    Not trying to be rude but u are basically saying my routine is generic and cookie cutter because it has an outline? While yours is much better because U have no structure whatsoever and just lift until u can’t? I’m not seeing any evidence here for what the difference between these two is other than u aren’t tracking ur lifts. Just being honest

2. 350lift

350lift Member

These workouts are very smiler to victor martinez and John meadows and chris bumstead videos posted on YouTube.
    I fail to see how this is non superior because it’s cookie cutter?

again I’m looking for evidence not trying to be rude

3. 350lift

350lift Member

No can do too many scars maybe some day... I’ll just do the logical thing I shoulda done and stick to what I’m doing and if it has any missing areas I’ll try new shit

4. 350lift

350lift Member

I do think it’s very generic btw but I don’t think there’s a need over complicate stuff but I’m curious what u would change nova?

5. 350lift

350lift Member

There it’s on my avatar I’m deleting it soon so it ain’t getting posted in the thread

ain’t happy at all with the progress I think I look dogshit for a gear user and I do not wanna be them people who juice and look like shit still but i think it’s more attributable to diet than training for me

6. Sworder

Sworder Member

This is my training, taken from a PM:

I have always been a big proponent of doing whatever works for you.

I just do a few exercises, usually two for each muscle group. Triceps I can actually stand by the pull down machine and bust out set after set. I will superset it with overhead pulls with rope. I keep rest between sets at 30 secs to 1 min, go to failure almost ever set and then keep pushing a lot of volume with sets until I feel beat. In regards to weight, I keep the rep range from 2-12 for working sets. Warm ups 15-20+ reps. I don't use any barbells, cables and dumbells only. No fixed positions for my hands. My tendons take a beating and get inflamed otherwise.

For more detail:
    chest = Seated bench, cable flyes
    Back = Lat pull down, shrugs
    Triceps= pull down with rope
    biceps = Curls >.>
    Legs= leg extension, leg flex and calf raises.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    350lift likes this.
  7. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

I don’t “lift until I can’t”—I do the minimum amount that will allow me to grow and achieve the numbers that I have set as a goal. Your routine is structured, yes, but not auto regulated at all. You mention specific implements with basic set+rep schemes...what happens when the stimulus from that specific implement slows? What happens when that number of sets+reps stops working? Do you have a plan for that, or do you keep going because it’s outlined here?

You don’t have any varying intensities outlined.

You haven’t mentioned a specific goal, etc.

Just by your response alone I can tell that you haven’t been at this very long—which is fine—but you wouldn’t understand a majority of the concepts.

-do you plan on utilizing drop sets, TUT, Rest/pause, fascia stretching, etc?

Lifting to failure every session burns out your CNS far too quickly, btw.

Proper form would have prevented a bench injury.

I’m not picking on you. Just imparting knowledge. Again, this is why I asked how long you’ve been lifting.

Switcher likes this.
  8. 350lift

350lift Member

Gotchyou, I’ve been lifting since 17 but got a bit more serious around 20 and then in the past year I’ve gotten way more serious about training style

I’m aware of tut fascia and a few others. And I just figure I lift 4 sets to near failure on most exercises and then sometimes switch it up to 5-6 sets with more tut and 12-15 reps

NovaFlex likes this.
  9. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

A good read is Renaissance Periodization about MEV, MAV, etc.

NovaFlex and 350lift like this.
  10. DonaldPump123

DonaldPump123 Member

In regards to progressive overload: Progressive overload is subjecting the muscles to a stimulus that it hasn't done before.
    Now, when you train to failure, what are you doing? Subjecting a muscle to a stimulus that it hasn't done before.

This is why I say don't worry about following a set routine, logging every last rep and trying to "beat the log book". When you train to failure exclusively, and I mean true failure, you ARE DOING PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD REGARDLESS OF THE WEIGHT OR REPS. So just have fun with it man and train like an animal

theOH and 350lift like this.