Delt injection proper depth

That's all I pin glutes also probably could go with a little bigger needle there but i dont.
I don’t pin glutes much anymore. Quads and delts are good. Lats can be a good option too but takes a bit of positioning and patience to be able to do it, as well as some meat hanging off your lats.

I don’t pin glutes much anymore. Quads and delts are good. Lats can be a good option too but takes a bit of positioning and patience to be able to do it, as well as some meat hanging off your lats.
I've been wanting to try my lats for a while I have a wide back decent lats and long arms I could get the thing in but the plunger would be tricky.

Ok so I recently switched to shoulder and quads for injection being that I start getting bad pip on glutes from to many injections in the same site.

I have 1” and 1.5” 25 g needles that I use for injection

I use 1” for quads and delts and 1.5 for glutes.

I injected my right delt earlier today. Well forgetting that I was using 1” rather then 1.5” I put needle in 2/3 of the way which would have been and an inch only to realize the needle i had just used was 1”.

The question is

Do you think i should re-do the injection since I was more like 3/4” deep as opposed to 1 full inch on delts?
Way over thinking this. I use 1/2 on quads, delts and calves. Even if some leaks (and it won’t if you inject slowly and don’t allow significant positive pressure to push oil up the wound channel)… it doesn’t matter.

You will absorb the rest Sub-Q (usually minimal)

Candidly, I think like most things here in our sport being over OCD is the bigger risk. Using too big a needle and hitting tendons/connective tissue by going too deep presents a much… much more significant risk

Last edited:
Way over thinking this. I use 1/2 on quads, delts and calves. Even if some leaks (and it won’t if you inject slowly and don’t allow significant positive pressure to push oil up the wound channel)… it doesn’t matter.

Candidly, I think like most things here in our sport being over OCD is the bigger risk. Using too big a needle and hitting tendons/connective tissue by going too deep presents a much… much more significant risk
Agree 100%. I use 1” and then inject to 3/4”penetration. I rotate mostly delts and quads. Slow and steady injections.

28 and 0.5" for delts. Mind you I just started my first cycle 2.5 w ago, and honestly the pip from the 28G was worse than the 25G. Not terrible though (but I also just kind of power through all kinds of PIP. It's not a huge deal to me.) I'm still going to try to acclimate to 28 in certain sites though to delay scar tissue buildup.

I tried doing 28 and 0.5" on VGs, but I'm pretty sure that just ended up going subQ based on how it felt for days after the injection.

Ok so I recently switched to shoulder and quads for injection being that I start getting bad pip on glutes from to many injections in the same site.

I have 1” and 1.5” 25 g needles that I use for injection

I use 1” for quads and delts and 1.5 for glutes.

I injected my right delt earlier today. Well forgetting that I was using 1” rather then 1.5” I put needle in 2/3 of the way which would have been and an inch only to realize the needle i had just used was 1”.

The question is

Do you think i should re-do the injection since I was more like 3/4” deep as opposed to 1 full inch on delts?
1 inch in the delt only time I go less is a 29g 5/8th In the triceps

I've been wanting to try my lats for a while I have a wide back decent lats and long arms I could get the thing in but the plunger would be tricky.
One way is to use a bigger gauge(easier to push), also i found it not possible for 3 mL cause the plunger is to far, either that or press against a wall lol.

I usually go until I hit the bone then make sure I aspirate bone marrow and you are good to go
I just want to be clear that this is a joke. I started thinking about the stupidity that resides on the internet and thought better of my choice to post that even though it was facetious I don’t want anyone to harm themselves because of something dumb I said.

25G(orange) 5/8" is fine for Delts, I myself use 29g slin.
Only problem I have had using 29g (with oil) is getting the damn bubble to exit without wasting precious drops of man juice. Thisnisnt a problem at 25g. Perhaps I should warm the oil a bit?

Yes. And subq also absorbs anyway

Yes. And subq also absorbs anyway
not really understanding what is the worst case scenario with some leaking subq. I tried a slin pin for my lats when I injected and could tell it went subq and because slight bump afterwards. Just dont know what the worse thing was about this?

not really understanding what is the worst case scenario with some leaking subq. I tried a slin pin for my lats when I injected and could tell it went subq and because slight bump afterwards. Just dont know what the worse thing was about this?
Nothing "wrong" with it. Some get more "bumps" with subq but it all works

There isn’t a worst case scenario. As @OldGHGuy stated it will just absorb Sub -Q. Non factor