DHEA & DHEA-S, Why is it significant?

Type-IIx

Hi ladies!

I am well aware of the purported significance of DHEA and its sulfate form being measured in bloodwork according to convention.

Can any of you actually reason out for me what its significance is? Its rationale, as a valuable marker?

In other words, what it tells us besides DHEA levels? I'm scratching my head here, admittedly. And I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks,
Type-IIx

Maybe this is something they screen (routinely?) In the States, but certainly not where I am.
Certainly not on the national health service, but having done hormones blood tests privately, that was never included, either.
I think they would only consider testing such a specific bloodwork marker in the presence of very obvious symptoms that may be associated with a high level of it, once everything else has been tested and ruled out.
For example, for someone with pcos or for women that have hirsutism problems, so they could investigate adrenals activity more.
Someone from the US will be able to say something about this.
Sorry this is something I have had no access to.

Maybe this is something they screen (routinely?) In the States, but certainly not where I am.
Certainly not on the national health service, but having done hormones blood tests privately, that was never included, either.
I think they would only consider testing such a specific bloodwork marker in the presence of very obvious symptoms that may be associated with a high level of it, once everything else has been tested and ruled out.
For example, for someone with pcos or for women that have hirsutism problems, so they could investigate adrenals activity more.
Someone from the US will be able to say something about this.
Sorry this is something I have had no access to.
I am with you, same reasoning. I do think it's valuable of course for PCOS. I think that synthetic AAS can suppress DHEA, and women rely on it for androgen function, so it's good to measure whether it's returned to relative normalcy after AAS use for women.