DHT benefits

It's expected that some people will react poorly to a drug that significantly alters hormone levels. I don't think that discredits finasteride as a tool for the majority that don't have any noticeable side effects. The fact that most people don't notice anything from such a big decrease in DHT makes a case for it not being all that important imo.

I've tried coming off finasteride for several months to see what would happen. Just got acne, no magical brain power from missing neurosteroids or any other benefit.
This!

I have tried A LOT of prescription meds in my time. I have had virtually zero side effects from any of them...except Finasteride and Dutasteride. Even Minoxidil made me feel like a goddam zombie every time I started it (tried at least 4 times).

I'd love to keep my hair but I also know whatever the meds do to me, I simply can't afford to feel so mentally dull in my career. I get brain fog like crazy...and I've been able to ignore the ever present possibility of dick side effects. I just can't tolerate the meds (though I MAY give it one last go at the super low doses Ghoul has mentioned several times...since I have a shit ton of meds sitting around ).

I have no doubt that many men have benefited from these drugs. However, it can't really be discounted that a subset of men have crushing side effects with these meds and losing the hair is simply a better option.

I'm all for people using whatever meds help them. I just have a hard time pushing through the mental fog, especially if I have no idea how long that may last. Everyone's different...I'm not a fear mongerer but I definitely understand those that say they can't tolerate the side effects. I refuse to believe that is all psychosomatic.

This!

I have tried A LOT of prescription meds in my time. I have had virtually zero side effects from any of them...except Finasteride and Dutasteride. Even Minoxidil made me feel like a goddam zombie every time I started it (tried at least 4 times).

I'd love to keep my hair but I also know whatever the meds do to me, I simply can't afford to feel so mentally dull in my career. I get brain fog like crazy...and I've been able to ignore the ever present possibility of dick side effects. I just can't tolerate the meds (though I MAY give it one last go at the super low doses Ghoul has mentioned several times...since I have a shit ton of meds sitting around ).

I have no doubt that many men have benefited from these drugs. However, it can't really be discounted that a subset of men have crushing side effects with these meds and losing the hair is simply a better option.

I'm all for people using whatever meds help them. I just have a hard time pushing through the mental fog, especially if I have no idea how long that may last. Everyone's different...I'm not a fear mongerer but I definitely understand those that say they can't tolerate the side effects. I refuse to believe that is all psychosomatic.
Sucks that it did that. Not worth dealing with brain fog. Topical finasteride and RU-58841 are good alternatives.