Dirts Brew log

I don’t know who you’re asking, but I’ll give you a reply. When I brew I use as little heat as possible. I actually keep my hot plate on the absolute lowest setting basically warm. I use a separate magnetic stirrer. Since I’m trying to use as a little heat as possible, I’m never bringing the brew up to a certain temperature because that is never the goal. I stir and then warm as needed. Using heat will bring your solution clear and then get the grainy particles dissolved pretty quickly and very little is needed for that Heat does damage raws.
Heat is never used to dissipate moisture if there is moisture in your brew, you fucked up and just throw it away
I bought a mixer with a digital heat setting just for this!! Most ones had like a 3 selection heat setting. This way I can go at a more precise setting. Does longer mixing times help?

I bought a mixer with a digital heat setting just for this!! Most ones had like a 3 selection heat setting. This way I can go at a more precise setting. Does longer mixing times help?
Not really as long as the raw is dissolved. For higher concentration brews this takes a bit longer. I just pickup the beaker and look well at the oil. Once I noticed it's dissolved fully I keep it spinning but lower heat to 100-120F then add ba, spin 10min longer on high. Then filter at that temp too

I started with syringe filters a little more than a dozen years ago. It was just basic test c at the beginning, and later with npp, mast and primo. Got more heavily into it these past few years with more equipment just because it was fun and I wanted more control over my gear, trying blends, etc. I’m a bit of a newbie brewer compared to many here.
Maybe one day if we are lucky you can share some blends with us.

I'm looking at a higher concentration no pip blend

250 test e/250 test c

2/26 because of test e already being a liquid at 80F. I haven't tried it yet, waiting a filter order. But I'm going to microbrew 20ml of it to try the recipe very soon.

Maybe one day if we are lucky you can share some blends with us.

I'm looking at a higher concentration no pip blend

250 test e/250 test c

2/26 because of test e already being a liquid at 80F. I haven't tried it yet, waiting a filter order. But I'm going to microbrew 20ml of it to try the recipe very soon.
It may change but as for now I am just not a fan of blends.. I just want to make simple clean , safe gear that's no extreme high concentration but higher. I think 400 would be a little to high for mast and tren so I think imma go with 300. Plus that way I can split up 100grams of gear 3 ways at 33 grams to store it.

It may change but as for now I am just not a fan of blends.. I just want to make simple clean , safe gear that's no extreme high concentration but higher. I think 400 would be a little to high for mast and tren so I think imma go with 300. Plus that way I can split up 100grams of gear 3 ways at 33 grams to store it.
There you go! Buy a vacuum sealer and silica packs for storing your raws.

Here is a photo of my test c 350mg/ml. Also check out my tiny beaker my friend got from karter scientific. It was a promotional gift to his work, or maybe they expect people to use it? Gonna need a tiny tiny stir bar!!

Clear no crashing at 73F

2/25 in mct (medlabsupply brand)

Attachments

• 20240718_092915_Gallery (1).jpg
    20240718_092915_Gallery (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
I'll be honest, I got a batch of vials that are crashed, and instead of tossing it as I normally would (I'm not reheating every time I want to pin, since it recrashes ofc), I decided to put one in the oven at (190f) 88c for 45 minutes and to my surprise, it's stayed in solution for weeks.

Makes me think the "coffee cup warmer" or other methods aren't fully dissolving the crystallized raws, and some tiny undissolved crystals were acting as "seeds" to initiate the crashing process, but the long period in the oven got it to full dissolution.

Does that temp(88c) and time(45min) likely damage the test is what I'm wondering though...
Not likely to cause any significant degradation . Bayer’s patent for one of their testosterone products has them doing a terminal sterilization at 160C for three hours.

Another study show zero degradation at 80C for 48 hours.

Not likely. Bayer’s patent for one of their testosterone products has them doing a terminal sterilization at 160C for three hours.

Extremely useful info, thanks!

Now my only concern is contaminants from the stopper (mostly), and glass (much less likely) leeching into the oils. It's below autoclave temp for even cheap stoppers so I think it's be ok but who knows how the presence of hot oil, BA and BB might change that. Butyl Rubber is highly susceptible to penetration and breakdown from MCT oils from what I've read...

I assume the only way to transfer oils into sterile uncapped vials (So I could use a teflon coated stopper suitable for long term storage) is under some kind of hood? I don't want to penetrate a stopper in a precapped sterile vial intended for long term storage with a syringe.

Not likely to cause any significant degradation . Bayer’s patent for one of their testosterone products has them doing a terminal sterilization at 160C for three hours.

I thought putting the gear through a sterile filter sterilizes the gear.... or am I missing a step?

I thought putting the gear through a sterile filter sterilizes the gear.... or am I missing a step?
Some manufacturers, including myself for personal use, filter it and then do a final dry heat terminal sterilization.

I personally do a dry heat terminal sterilization at 150C for 60 minutes.

Is it necessary? Most would say no. Do I prefer doing this? Yes. It is an added step in potential harm reduction, so I have made a decision to do this.

Will you have issues if you don’t? Not likely.

Some manufacturers, including myself for personal use, filter it and then do a final dry heat terminal sterilization.

Is it necessary? Most would say no. Do I prefer doing this? Yes. It is an added step in potential harm reduction, so I have made a decision to do this.

You have to do what fits your risk tolerance, do everything you can within your control, even if it’s unnecessary to some, it’s your body it’s your choice.

Some of us got away with using vet gear, tren pellets pre filtered with coffee filters and some have even used unfiltered gear then come out ok, that doesn’t mean it was right.

Do what you can to avoid unnecessary danger is my motto.

Would you mind explaining this process to me. Set the vials on a cookie sheet In The oven? Does it matter if it's a gas oven or electric? Sterilization and safety are my main concerns. I guess I can buy one of those counter top ovens just for this. Would I need to leave the vent needles in place for this?

Last edited:
It sounds like you've got a good path forward. The most exciting part for me when brewing honestly is building out the lab room. I usually go overboard but since moving back down south from New England and being in a rental I have yet to set up a brew station or pull out all the gear in storage. When you open your BB and BA I used to hot glue a large 02 absorber into the cap. Both are hygroscopic especially BA. Try not to leave them uncapped for long periods of time while brewing. Pour off your measure solvents then cap them. I usually add BA at the end when temp is about 110f when I'm gonna filter I do not believe BA has any discernable evap at brewing temps can you absolutely do not need to take your solution to the melting points of the hormones. That's way too hot. I like it a little hot when filtering but within your equipment parameters of not causing damage or upsetting your filter membrane/syringe filter. I'm pretty lazy too so id prob setup a cheap vacuum pump before standing over a caulk gun but it's def cheaper to get started. I saw someone on Reddit show his little vacuum pump setup with syringe filters using a sterile 100ml vial as a receiver vacuum flask.

Would you mind explaining this process to me. Set the vials on a cookie sheet In The oven? Does it matter if it's a gas oven or electric? Sterilization and safety are my main concerns. I guess I can buy one of those counter top ovens just for this. Would I need to leave the vent needles in place for this?
I use an air fryer I purchased for only this purpose, but any oven can do.

Preheat the oven to 150C, and place your finished vials inside for 60 minutes. That is it. There is no need to vent.

Here is a link for a study on dry heat sterilization of carrier oils. Based upon this study’s results, 150C for 60 minutes should be enough.

Last edited:
First and foremost welcome to the club. Gear will be cheap and you will tempted to run grams of it. Don't

On the business side. Keep Test C and Tren E close to 250mg at most. 300mg is pushing it and it will (literally) bite you in the ass even if they don't crash (Test C WILL crash on that concentration in the winter months)

You have everything else figured out it seems, I would add the BA/BB after you reached max target temp and you have dissolved the raws with the oil only, they won't get damaged per se but BA/BB vapors are annoying. Filter warm -not hot it will go faster.

As for terminal heat sterilization, it's not necessary, I would only opt for it if I was forced to work with open vials that I had to sterilize myself as an added step.
(BTW, I often don't tag people in case they don't want to be bothered by someone random, here)
Tag away, happy to help when I can :)

What are your thoughts on EO?
Stay away from that shit. Guaiacol too.

If you want to go for TNE, MCT with 25% BB on 50mg/ml is just about right, good low viscosity and fast absorption as a esterless compound should be.

If you want high concentration long ester Test try Test Decaonate, can go up to 500mg/ml in castor oil, no pip. It's a bit more viscous but its just

Well Done Ok GIF by funk