Don’t call it a comeback

Question for anyone who has used them... Is there a major difference between the overload effect of weight releasers and slingshot for the eccentric overload portion?

The eccentric hooks are gonna swing around a little and feel different and obviously release the weight at the bottom. Better for heavy negatives, but slightly less specific to comp bench.

Good thanksgiving indeed
I’m looking forward to using one. Haven’t even used one yet, lol.

The eccentric hooks are gonna swing around a little and feel different and obviously release the weight at the bottom. Better for heavy negatives, but slightly less specific to comp bench.
I was thinking something like that...or the fact you can overload the eccentric by a lot, and still only press sub max on the concentric, allowing for more CAT

This is by far the heaviest volume I’ve done on the bench. I was used to working with 3-4x6 @ 225. Not to mention adding in an AMRAP.

Paused Bench

135 x8

185 x8

225 x13

250 3x6

-Last time I AMRAP with 225, I barely squeaked out 9 or 10, and that was before COVID. Hit 13 today until form breakdown. felt I could’ve done 15 if I pushed to absolute failure. I honestly didn’t know I had it in me, lol.

Fly Press

65 x6

50 2x8

Seated Dips

3x14

CG Seated Row

100 3x15

-I’ve watched a TON of Bench press videos and form videos over the years. Nothing truly helped cement my form until I watched a video from Swede Burns 2 months ago, where he went through how he sets up and keeps tight—it ultimately led to my 300 PR, and I feel that since I’ve gotten it pretty solid, it’s contributed to my overall pressing strength by a large margin.

3F24694D-7DE7-432F-B465-D6EDE2357BDC.jpeg
These handles cam in today. They’re 24”, hold up to 220 lbs. the only problem I have with them is that I like to set the weight on my legs and kick it up—I can’t with these. They may end up just being good for rows, or I’ll need to get a DB stand.

View attachment 138695
These handles cam in today. They’re 24”, hold up to 220 lbs. the only problem I have with them is that I like to set the weight on my legs and kick it up—I can’t with these. They may end up just being good for rows, or I’ll need to get a DB stand.
Yeah those look rough for that. I have similar issues with these. 90lbs if all 10lbs, but dont have 16 of them yet so use 25s which creates another issue lol... even these though are a pain to kick up... I usually slide sides so just the plates on my legs.

361.jpg

This is by far the heaviest volume I’ve done on the bench. I was used to working with 3-4x6 @ 225. Not to mention adding in an AMRAP.

Paused Bench

135 x8

185 x8

225 x13

250 3x6

-Last time I AMRAP with 225, I barely squeaked out 9 or 10, and that was before COVID. Hit 13 today until form breakdown. felt I could’ve done 15 if I pushed to absolute failure. I honestly didn’t know I had it in me, lol.

Fly Press

65 x6

50 2x8

Seated Dips

3x14

CG Seated Row

100 3x15

-I’ve watched a TON of Bench press videos and form videos over the years. Nothing truly helped cement my form until I watched a video from Swede Burns 2 months ago, where he went through how he sets up and keeps tight—it ultimately led to my 300 PR, and I feel that since I’ve gotten it pretty solid, it’s contributed to my overall pressing strength by a large margin.
+4 on the bench. I’d take that on any day. Swede has a ton of valuable information out there. Knows his shit

Yeah those look rough for that. I have similar issues with these. 90lbs if all 10lbs, but dont have 16 of them yet so use 25s which creates another issue lol... even these though are a pain to kick up... I usually slide sides so just the plates on my legs.

View attachment 138696
I feel that completely, lol. I’ve been using those cement filled plastic 20’s from the old school Walmart benches lol. Every time I go to Walmart or Dicks, I’m constantly looking for those 1” 10’s. I buy em out when I find them. I’m up to 8 now.
What I may have to do is just use the other smaller handles I have—they hold 80 in 10’s. They don’t stay locked as well tho.
+4 on the bench. I’d take that on any day. Swede has a ton of valuable information out there. Knows his shit
Hell yeah man. I’m happy with it. +1 @ Swede. The dude is a great teacher as well. Might have to give fifth set a try sometime.

View attachment 138695
I just ordered a shoulder saver pad and core blaster double handle row from elitefts. Been moving my garage gym to the basement today. Brutal ass workout. I’m too old to keep toughing it up out there in the winter.

View attachment 138695
Just load them each up to 220 (the end), then your legs will be fine :D

I just ordered a shoulder saver pad and core blaster double handle row from elitefts. Been moving my garage gym to the basement today. Brutal ass workout. I’m too old to keep toughing it up out there in the winter.

Awesome. The shoulder saver is about the height of a 1 board, right?
-I gotta pick up a handle for T bar rows. I just got the Close Grip pull down handle the other day, so that works for now.
-I love where my gym is in the basement, cos hot water heater and furnace are right there lol.
Just load them each up to 220 (the end), then your legs will be fine :D
Millard with the save. I should’ve thought of that. Lmao.

Awesome. The shoulder saver is about the height of a 1 board, right?
-I gotta pick up a handle for T bar rows. I just got the Close Grip pull down handle the other day, so that works for now.
-I love where my gym is in the basement, cos hot water heater and furnace are right there lol.

Millard with the save. I should’ve thought of that. Lmao.
It’s about a 2 board. I have one

Workout got cut short today. Tenant called with another damn bath tub leak.

DL

225 x5

315 x5

385 x3

435 x2

505 x5, 5x1

-worked up to 505. Busted out an AMRAP of 5, which is 4 short of my peak AMRAP of 9. Then did 5 singles.

Some more grinding. DE upper.

Multi Grip Bar Speed bench (red bands)

Bar+Bands 3x8

135+Bands 9x3 -All grips

Inc DB Press

65 3x12

Seated Row

125 3x10

-Said this before, but real weight has a completely different feel than the machines. 125 feels HEAVY.

Inc DB Curl

30 3x12

I was gonna do Lower accessories yesterday, but Titan only delivered 1 of the 2 boxes that the reverse hyper comes in. I was bummed, so I said fuck it lol.

good OHP day today tho. Shoulders definitely keep improving. Didn’t feel any clicking today or nerve pinching that I’ve been feeling lately, so that’s a +1.

OHP

135 2x10

185 x8, 2x6

-Rep PR with 8. Didn’t expect that. 190 next week. 200+ for reps is gonna be cool.

Seated DB Press

65 3x15

JM Press

120 x10, 7

95 x12

Lat raise

25 3x12

Cheat raises

40 2x8

Face Pull

65 4x10

Back is coming back better than ever. I never had my traps coming through down with the V look down the middle of the back.

48358E67-3830-4E92-9B7C-CEB4E28E2591.jpeg6BE5EA18-F94D-49A3-828C-1FEFE9F75730.jpeg

second box for the hyper came in today. Definitely please with it.

Lower

RDL

135 3x15
225 4x15

Seated Row

120 4x10

Rev Hyper
50 3x15

DB Suitcase Carry
140 x30 feet each hand x5

Going into a deload week before the strength phase starts on this program. If this was just the hypertrophy phase, I’m kinda pumped to see where the strength phase gets me—considering I’m barely on anything at the moment. I’ll probably end up running this same program on my next cycle too.

CG Incline

135 x10

185 x10

225 x10, 8, 5

-Super happy with how smooth 225 felt for 10 on CG inclines. Definitely the strongest I’ve ever been on bench.

Bent over Row

225 2x10

-Major back pump. Cut it off here

Fly Press

50 3x8

Seated Dips

270 6x6

SLDL -(4 ct eccentric)

135 x10

225 x5

315 2x6

365 2x3

-Haven’t done stiff leg in forever. I usually stick with RDL’s. 4ct eccentrics with a full reset really destroyed the back side.

Belt squat

255 3x20

-was aiming for 5x20, but we’ll have to work up to that volume. Gah damn.

Reverse hyper

90 x25, 20, 20

-supposed to work up to 50% of my max DL for 5x25...Jesus. I guess my posterior needs some work, since I’ve been focusing on pressing. Or I planned these in the wrong spot.

Lat PD -TUT

90 x20, 20, 18, 16

-I was informed by the wife today that we’ll be going on vacation to Colombia in March. Needless to say, I’m back in full cut mode and strength will have to take a back seat until after we get back. I’ve got 3 months to look half way decent, with absolutely zero cutting tools lol.