Don’t call it a comeback

SLDL -(4 ct eccentric)

135 x10

225 x5

315 2x6

365 2x3

-Haven’t done stiff leg in forever. I usually stick with RDL’s. 4ct eccentrics with a full reset really destroyed the back side.

Belt squat

255 3x20

-was aiming for 5x20, but we’ll have to work up to that volume. Gah damn.

Reverse hyper

90 x25, 20, 20

-supposed to work up to 50% of my max DL for 5x25...Jesus. I guess my posterior needs some work, since I’ve been focusing on pressing. Or I planned these in the wrong spot.

Lat PD -TUT

90 x20, 20, 18, 16

-I was informed by the wife today that we’ll be going on vacation to Colombia in March. Needless to say, I’m back in full cut mode and strength will have to take a back seat until after we get back. I’ve got 3 months to look half way decent, with absolutely zero cutting tools lol.
Zero cutting tools? Go low carb and keep the test low, bump the tren up a little . You can probably drop 25 lbs but your gona be weak as shit. I went scorched earth about 6 or 7 years ago. Went from 205 ish to 175 in about 3 months. got back into boxing and knew that lifting weights wasnt a priority. No drugs, barely even caffeine. I pretty much lost most of the muscle I ever had,lol. 0400 4-5 mi runs 6 days a week and 90 min of bag/mitt/sparring/Bw conditioning/ rope/ etc 5 days a week. I really only lifted maybe 2 days a week and felt like a starving Ethiopian. Fucking hell I was peeled though. It really took a toll on me. I’m sure you can find some middle ground and look halfway decent.

Zero cutting tools? Go low carb and keep the test low, bump the tren up a little . You can probably drop 25 lbs but your gona be weak as shit. I went scorched earth about 6 or 7 years ago. Went from 205 ish to 175 in about 3 months. got back into boxing and knew that lifting weights wasnt a priority. No drugs, barely even caffeine. I pretty much lost most of the muscle I ever had,lol. 0400 4-5 mi runs 6 days a week and 90 min of bag/mitt/sparring/Bw conditioning/ rope/ etc 5 days a week. I really only lifted maybe 2 days a week and felt like a starving Ethiopian. Fucking hell I was peeled though. It really took a toll on me. I’m sure you can find some middle ground and look halfway decent.
I was exaggerating. I meant I’m not blasting, lol. Yeah, I’m going zero carb and following @Ohiopower cutting regiment. My stomach churns just thinking about losing the strength, but it’s all relative I guess—since I’m not competing right now, and strength is just something I enjoy training...it’ll be nice to be semi-jacked looking for a change lol.

@Worf where would you program hypers? Secondary or accessory?
Reverse Hypers?
Heavy, Maybe as a secondary movement
Typical 10-20 rep range would be an accessory to Lower training. I really like them as a deadlift accessory but can make for a difficult ride home,lol

Reverse Hypers?
Heavy, Maybe as a secondary movement
Typical 10-20 rep range would be an accessory to Lower training. I really like them as a deadlift accessory but can make for a difficult ride home,lol
I was just trying to see if I put them in the wrong spot, or my GPP just isn’t up to par, lol.

I was just trying to see if I put them in the wrong spot, or my GPP just isn’t up to par, lol.
2 plates for 5 sets of 25 is brutal. That would probably make me want to puke. I typically do 2 or 3 pairs of plates when I go heavy and maybe 2 or 3 sets of 10-12. That seems less taxing than one pair of plates for multiple sets of 20, especially with short rest periods almost turns into HIIT

2 plates for 5 sets of 25 is brutal. That would probably make me want to puke. I typically do 2 or 3 pairs of plates when I go heavy and maybe 2 or 3 sets of 10-12. That seems less taxing than one pair of plates for multiple sets of 20, especially with short rest periods almost turns into HIIT
After attempting it, it seemed pretty crazy volume-wise lol.

Not sure whether to be happy or bummed about missing this PR today, lol.

Red Band Pull downs
2x20

Strict OHP

135 x8

160 x6

190 x5

-190 flew up smoother / faster than 185 did last week. I wasn’t gonna do it, but since I’m entering a pretty long / big cut I wanted to test my Push Press max one more time.

275 -failed at lockout

Seated DB Press

50 3x AMRAP

JM Press

115 4x8

Face Pull

4x20

Lat raises

25 4x20

-Pretty surprised I got the PP nearly to lockout. With some more Tricep work, and eating at maintenance, no doubt I could have 275 in 3-6 weeks. Ahh well.

-zero energy in the gym today. No carbs for 3 days + 3 hrs of sleep = dead. It shows.

-Flat Bench

135 x10

225 3x6, x10

-265 for 3x6 was on the books today, but that’ll have to wait til after the cut now. Ah well. 225 for reps felt pretty heavy today. Better to stay conservative.

-Inc Fly Press

50 x15, 12, 10

-Seated Cable Row

80 3x15

-Seated Dips

230 x20, 20, 16

Battle Ropes

4x30 sec

Sledge to Tire

4x30 sec

-added in some additional conditioning to aid with the cut, since I despise traditional cardio. Will be trying to get these up to multiple 2 min sets.

Started clen today. Had almost 3 months worth stashed away from years ago. Figure I’ll add 80 mcg a day, it can’t hurt.

-I was surprised how the numbers turned out for Inc Bench. Strength hasn’t really gone away yet. But I’m also not working with much volume either...Been in a deficit for a bit now. Fueled up on Prime Rib and potatoes today at work lol.

CG Incl bench

135 x15

225 x5

250 x2

275 x2

Fly Press

50 3x10

Inc DB Curl

25 x20, 15, 15, 12

Cable Pull over

80 3x12

Started clen today. Had almost 3 months worth stashed away from years ago. Figure I’ll add 80 mcg a day, it can’t hurt.

-I was surprised how the numbers turned out for Inc Bench. Strength hasn’t really gone away yet. But I’m also not working with much volume either...Been in a deficit for a bit now. Fueled up on Prime Rib and potatoes today at work lol.

CG Incl bench

135 x15

225 x5

250 x2

275 x2

Fly Press

50 3x10

Inc DB Curl

25 x20, 15, 15, 12

Cable Pull over

80 3x12
I would attribute that to your shoulders, you have some damn strong shoulders with an Ohp of 245+. I’ve never done that and I’ve got pretty big delts and a decent bench. My incline bench is about the same as yours and my flat is 30-40 lbs higher

I would attribute that to your shoulders, you have some damn strong shoulders with an Ohp of 245+. I’ve never done that and I’ve got pretty big delts and a decent bench. My incline bench is about the same as yours and my flat is 30-40 lbs higher
Aww, making me blush.... lol. Man, I wish I could find a way to make my OHP have more carryover to flat bench, but I feel it’s more a technique thing on both of them. You’re most likely strong enough to overhead press those numbers, you just lack the technique right now.

-it is pretty crazy tho that our incline is similar.

Aww, making me blush.... lol. Man, I wish I could find a way to make my OHP have more carryover to flat bench, but I feel it’s more a technique thing on both of them. You’re most likely strong enough to overhead press those numbers, you just lack the technique right now.

-it is pretty crazy tho that our incline is similar.
Also I don’t do the OHP much anymore as a main lift. I mess around with it as an accessory for the time being. Higher reps or use the variants like trap bar and seated Ohp, Dbell Ohp , kettle bell seared and standing. I believe these variations on the Ohp is where the bench carryover is at.

I think my best push press is 205x5
best seated bbell Ohp 225x3
Best strict 185x5
Best seated Dbell 90’sx5

Also I think it would be cool if powerlifting was S/B/D/P. I think there’s some small meet called “strength lifting” meets. Not really sure how the fuck they judge the press but I like the idea. They talk about it quite a bit on Barbell Logic podcast if anyone listens to it.

Also I don’t do the OHP much anymore as a main lift. I mess around with it as an accessory for the time being. Higher reps or use the variants like trap bar and seated Ohp, Dbell Ohp , kettle bell seared and standing. I believe these variations on the Ohp is where the bench carryover is at.

I think my best push press is 205x5
best seated bbell Ohp 225x3
Best strict 185x5
Best seated Dbell 90’sx5

Also I think it would be cool if powerlifting was S/B/D/P. I think there’s some small meet called “strength lifting” meets. Not really sure how the fuck they judge the press but I like the idea. They talk about it quite a bit on Barbell Logic podcast if anyone listens to it.
I used to do it as just an accessory, but since I’ve gotten more and more into watching strongman, I’ve added it as a main movement. That’s where I saw the most improvement, I think...I definitely believe it should be added in powerlifting—I’ve seen some talk about that as well. Personally, I believe that DL and strict OHP are the ultimate tests of strength. Plus, lifting 300+ pounds over your head just looks fucking awesome, lol.

OHP

135 x10

185 x5

205 3x3

-Seated DB Press

50 x30, 18, 15

-Tricep Rope Pulldown

50 x20, 15, 14, 10

-Triceps were difficult today. Too much of a pump in my front delts.

-Face Pull

50 x20, 15, 12, 2x10

-I’ve been doing Face Pulls for years and just had an epiphany—I’ve been doing them wrong. Instead of pulling the rope apart from the start of the movement, I was just pulling it to my face, barely activating my rear delts...for some reason I decided to pull the rope apart from the beginning and my rear delts caught on fire. Hey, you learn something new every day.

-This entire last holiday week has been insane. Mandatory OT from the blizzard, shopping, cooking, preparing for family to come, etc. This is the first chance I got to get into the gym...Not to mention having to deplete all these carbs built up again. What a terrible time to choose to cut.

Messed around with cluster sets tonight. I’ve done Rest Pause, but never messed with clusters. Not sure how I feel about it..
-Did main movement regularly, then did clusters on accessories...went to failure, waited 6-10 seconds between each cluster x4

-Flat Bench

135 x15

185 x6

225 6x5

-Inc Fly Press

50 x19, 7, 4, 5, 4

-Lat Pull Down

100 x18, 4, 5, 4, 5

-Seated Dips

270 x15, 5, , 4, 4, 4

-After doing the clusters, even if I’m not sure about their potential for muscle hypertrophy, I can tell you they’re amazing for GPP and definitely will up work capacity...Gonna stick with this through the cut, since I’m really not feeling like spending 1-2hrs in the gym right now. I was in and out in 45 minutes today, and still felt like I worked.

IME clusters are best for main movements or secondary, say you have a perceived 3Rm of 265 on bench. The idea would be to perform a rep every 45-60 seconds up to 5 reps. There’s also sadiv sets. Which are very similar. Take a weight you’re capable of performing 2-3:reps with and perform one single rep at a time until you get to 5-6 reps. The rest periods may increase as the repetitions go upwards. So for instance your 2Rm on bench is 285. The first 2 singles are 30 sec apart, the next 2 are 60 seconds apart, the 5th takes 2 min rest and the 6th requires 3.5 min before you’re ready. I fully recommend a spotter besides Jesus or a big pair of balls.

IME clusters are best for main movements or secondary, say you have a perceived 3Rm of 265 on bench. The idea would be to perform a rep every 45-60 seconds up to 5 reps. There’s also sadiv sets. Which are very similar. Take a weight you’re capable of performing 2-3:reps with and perform one single rep at a time until you get to 5-6 reps. The rest periods may increase as the repetitions go upwards. So for instance your 2Rm on bench is 285. The first 2 singles are 30 sec apart, the next 2 are 60 seconds apart, the 5th takes 2 min rest and the 6th requires 3.5 min before you’re ready. I fully recommend a spotter besides Jesus or a big pair of balls.
“Spotter besides Jesus” lmao. I do have spotter arms tho.. lol. Yeah, I’m not sure what these DC clusters are doing right now, other than pumping blood. 1 set just doesn’t seem enough for anything...it is helping GPP tho, with the cut in rest times.

-I like that methodology of squeezing 2-3 extra reps out of a 2-3 rep max tho. Never thought of that.

Lower

DL

225 x6

315 x6

405 2x8

-Ran out of energy. Literally gassed out on my second set of 405, lol. Weird feeling.

Rev Hyper — AMRAP + Clusters

70 x25, 15, 12, 12, 12

-Headache started pounding. Can’t breath. Calling it a day.