Don't worry America

Trump "Exploded" At Media Execs During Off-The-Record Meeting: "It Was A F--king Firing Squad"

by Tyler Durden
Nov 21, 2016 5:59 PM

Earlier today we reported that in a "summit" organized by Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, executives and anchors from the major US media outlets, including CNN president Jeff Zucker, ABC News president James Goldston, Fox News co-presidents Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy, and NBC News president Deborah Turness, visited Donald Trump at his Trump Tower penthouse for an off the record meeting.

Courtesy of the Post, we have a complete list of the participants at the Trump media meeting: the hour-long powwow included top execs from network and cable news channels. Among the attendees were NBC’s Deborah Turness, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd, ABC’s James Goldston, George Stephanopoulos, David Muir and Martha Raddatz, CBS’ Norah O’Donnell John Dickerson, Charlie Rose, Christopher Isham and Gayle King, Fox News’ Bill Shine, Jack Abernethy, Jay Wallace, Suzanne Scott, MSNBC’s Phil Griffin and CNN’s Jeff Zucker and Erin Burnett.

The contents of what was discussed were initially unclear.

gettyimages-624916402_0.jpg

Wolf Blitzer

Now, according to the Post, we learn that the President-elect "exploded at media bigs in an off-the-record Trump Tower powow on Monday."

It was like a f—ing firing squad,” one source told the Post.

According to the Post's recound of the conversation, “Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed…."

Jeff Zucker (left)

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added. A second source confirmed the encounter.

The Post adds that “the meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks…"

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong. He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was network of liars.

“Trump didn’t say Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room.

“Gayle did not stand up, but asked some question, ‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’ Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions. David Muir asked how are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC? It was a horrible meeting."

Amusingly, since the meeting was off the record, meaning the participants agreed not to talk about the substance of the conversations, it means they will most likely be unable to confirm or deny the Post's report. It also means that if indeed Trump was as confrontational as reported, that the conventional war between the various US media organizations and Trump is about to go nuclear.

Very interesting. probably not a great call for trump but damn if he really did go off like that that's good shit hahaha

Trump "Exploded" At Media Execs During Off-The-Record Meeting: "It Was A F--king Firing Squad"

by Tyler Durden
Nov 21, 2016 5:59 PM

Earlier today we reported that in a "summit" organized by Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, executives and anchors from the major US media outlets, including CNN president Jeff Zucker, ABC News president James Goldston, Fox News co-presidents Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy, and NBC News president Deborah Turness, visited Donald Trump at his Trump Tower penthouse for an off the record meeting.

Courtesy of the Post, we have a complete list of the participants at the Trump media meeting: the hour-long powwow included top execs from network and cable news channels. Among the attendees were NBC’s Deborah Turness, Lester Holt and Chuck Todd, ABC’s James Goldston, George Stephanopoulos, David Muir and Martha Raddatz, CBS’ Norah O’Donnell John Dickerson, Charlie Rose, Christopher Isham and Gayle King, Fox News’ Bill Shine, Jack Abernethy, Jay Wallace, Suzanne Scott, MSNBC’s Phil Griffin and CNN’s Jeff Zucker and Erin Burnett.

The contents of what was discussed were initially unclear.

gettyimages-624916402_0.jpg

Wolf Blitzer

Now, according to the Post, we learn that the President-elect "exploded at media bigs in an off-the-record Trump Tower powow on Monday."

It was like a f—ing firing squad,” one source told the Post.

According to the Post's recound of the conversation, “Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed…."

Jeff Zucker (left)

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added. A second source confirmed the encounter.

The Post adds that “the meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks…"

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong. He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was network of liars.

“Trump didn’t say Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room.

“Gayle did not stand up, but asked some question, ‘How do you propose we the media work with you?’ Chuck Todd asked some pretty pointed questions. David Muir asked how are you going to cope living in DC while your family is in NYC? It was a horrible meeting."

Amusingly, since the meeting was off the record, meaning the participants agreed not to talk about the substance of the conversations, it means they will most likely be unable to confirm or deny the Post's report. It also means that if indeed Trump was as confrontational as reported, that the conventional war between the various US media organizations and Trump is about to go nuclear.
Serves em right, haha
I actually REALLY appreciate this act

Do you guys know he is going to do the following

1) privatize the VA. all you veterans get ready to pay more money for less services. Thanks for your service...NOT

2) Cut Social Security benefits. everybody get ready to work longer for less money even though you've been paying into the system all your life. we can go ahead and pay trillions of dollars for an F 35 fighter that none of the arm services even want... but fuck we got to cut Social Security!!

3) dismantle public schools and department of education because well fuck everybody should be able to pay for private school right??

This is your guy??? Really???

He is text book elitist. I know we were handed some really shitty choices but come on, this is who you want to back? this guy??

1) privatize the VA. all you veterans get ready to pay more money for less services. Thanks for your service...NOT

2) Cut Social Security benefits. everybody get ready to work longer for less money even though you've been paying into the system all your life. we can go ahead and pay trillions of dollars for an F 35 fighter that none of the arm services even want... but fuck we got to cut Social Security!!

3) dismantle public schools and department of education because well fuck everybody should be able to pay for private school right??

I'm not backing anyone, and definitely not Trump. Then again, your enumerated points above are just fine with me (F35 excepted).

I think it's great!

1) Have you ever used the VA? The service couldnt possibly be worse. Perhaps the private sector may actually get us in for the services we ALREADY paid for
2)Social Security is broken. I will literally pay my entire life and have ZERO benefits when i come of retirement age. Its projected to be EMPTY. Aint that a bitch?
3)what exactly do you feel public schools are succeeding at exactly? Especially inner city public schools?

Yep.

That's my guy! [emoji4][emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ronin17 Your post contradicts itself. you state that the private sector can't compete with the government. then you state how the government doesn't know how to spend money correctly. what do you want?

Ok genius.... What's your plan on saving Social Security? You do know that if your under 40, you're paying into it and won't receive a dime when you're eligible. So yes.... In order to somehow "save" S.S., it has to be cut back. Along with a lot of other entitlements.

@ronin17, I'm curious; how do you suggest dealing with approximately 12 million illegals living in the U.S.?? Every child born in the U.S. is a legal citizen. Means they can vote, receive government assistance, rights as a minority, etc.. Their parents didn't contribute anything in the way of taxes, they're in the U.S. illegally, unless they are making a living as a criminal they are taking a legitimate American's job (neither of which are good) and the children will enjoy all of the benefits of minority status - which includes government care, college tuition, etc...

Where I live it's the worst they get free food free housing free cash free cell phones free power free Internet now free laptops also community actions helps them with more free money and even money for a down payment on brand new cars also bank of America let's illegals with a working card get auto loans want to know how bank of America allows goverment benefits to be used ass earned income so they get 70k cars or trucks for next to nothing while I run a jackhammer 12 hours a day and have to pay for everything can't get a loan under 12% cause I don't live off the goverment

Yes, more social programs
Cuz their soooo cheap and they work soooo well
And we arent trillions of dollars in fucking debt:rolleyes:

Ok genius.... What's your plan on saving Social Security? You do know that if your under 40, you're paying into it and won't receive a dime when you're eligible. So yes.... In order to somehow "save" S.S., it has to be cut back. Along with a lot of other entitlements.

While its true there is a huge gap in baby boomers coming into benefits and younger generations paying into it the system is far from broken. The money is there to bridge the gap till more people can pay in. Trillions spent on iraq, which is now isis's, billions spent on bullshit pr nation building, or the trillions spent on a bloated military. Billions wasted on government positions. Or the billions lost in unfair trade policies that have always had us at a disadvantage. The money is there to bridge the gap.

Thanks for the genius compliment btw @rutman!!

1) Have you ever used the VA? The service couldnt possibly be worse. Perhaps the private sector may actually get us in for the services we ALREADY paid for
2)Social Security is broken. I will literally pay my entire life and have ZERO benefits when i come of retirement age. Its projected to be EMPTY. Aint that a bitch?
3)what exactly do you feel public schools are succeeding at exactly? Especially inner city public schools?

Two of my cousins use the va as well as one of my best friends. Is it perfect? Of course not. But they are happy with their services. They certainly don't deserve to pay more money for those same services. They paid thier debt.

The schools arnt perfect either. But they were good enough for us. Every one cant afford private schools.