DrugPrinter: Print Any Drug Instantly

Michael Scally MD

Doctor of Medicine
10+ Year Member
[LMAO]

Highlights
• Drug is difficult to be synthesized.
• DrugPrinter can ‘print’ a compound in only one step.
• It is fast, 100% yield, and no by-products.

Chen CY-C. DrugPrinter: print any drug instantly. Drug Discovery Today. DrugPrinter: print any drug instantly

In drug discovery, de novo potent leads need to be synthesized for bioassay experiments in a very short time.

Here, a protocol using DrugPrinter to print out any compound in just one step is proposed. The de novo compound could be designed by cloud computing big data. The computing systems could then search the optimal synthesis condition for each bond–bond interaction from databases. The compound would then be fabricated by many tiny reactors in one step.

This type of fast, precise, without byproduct, reagent-sparing, environmentally friendly, small-volume, large-variety, nanofabrication technique will totally subvert the current view on the manufactured object and lead to a huge revolution in pharmaceutical companies in the very near future

I"ll take one of those drugprinters , you bet .

I can hear my wife now...... " Honey you got to come to dinner and get off that printer".....

Or how about this : "Another man found dead by his printer " , that brings a total of 3872 found dead next to their printer just today.........

[LMAO]

Highlights
• Drug is difficult to be synthesized.
• DrugPrinter can ‘print’ a compound in only one step.
• It is fast, 100% yield, and no by-products.

Chen CY-C. DrugPrinter: print any drug instantly. Drug Discovery Today. DrugPrinter: print any drug instantly

In drug discovery, de novo potent leads need to be synthesized for bioassay experiments in a very short time.

Here, a protocol using DrugPrinter to print out any compound in just one step is proposed. The de novo compound could be designed by cloud computing big data. The computing systems could then search the optimal synthesis condition for each bond–bond interaction from databases. The compound would then be fabricated by many tiny reactors in one step.

This type of fast, precise, without byproduct, reagent-sparing, environmentally friendly, small-volume, large-variety, nanofabrication technique will totally subvert the current view on the manufactured object and lead to a huge revolution in pharmaceutical companies in the very near future

it says "drug printer technology should be feasible within 20 years."
the danger and law and morality sections are interesting. "chronic drug abusers or gangsters [:o)] would produce amphetamines or other narcotics :confused: in abundance. the drug problem would soar beyond all comprehension if drugprinter was available to the general public- policeman and lawyers would be as busy as the chemists."
"all the printing of drugs must be approved by big pharmaceutical companies [}:)], doctors and with a prescription. a law should be written that forbids people from printing drugs privately."
sign me up for one :D.

We would be dead as a society in 5 years , 80% of the American population would kill theirselves (death-by-printer). Leaving only the intellectuals and non-addictive types to carry-on ........Hmmm ?? :D

We would be dead as a society in 5 years , 80% of the American population would kill theirselves (death-by-printer). Leaving only the intellectuals and non-addictive types to carry-on ........Hmmm ?? :D

evolve into a decent society? yeh i wouldn't make it lol

Molecular Printing of Drug Molecules. Say What?
In the Pipeline:

Now, you may well read that and ask yourself "What is this DrugPrinter, and how can I get one?" But note how it's all written in the conditional - lots of woulds and coulds, which should more properly be mights and maybes. Or maybe nots. The whole thing is a fantasy of atomic-level nanotechnology, which I, too, hope may be possible at some point. But to read about the DrugPrinter, you'd think that someone's ready to start prototyping. But no one is, believe me. This paper "tells" you all the "steps" that you would need to "print" a molecule, but it leaves out all the details and all the hard parts:

The whole paper is written about a world where you take individual atoms from these reservoirs and fly them down small channels "with lasers or plasma" to be caught by optical tweezers and put into the right position. Apparently, things are just going to snap together like so many molecular model pieces once that happens. Reaction mechanisms, thermodynamics, reactivity and selectivity make no appearance at all that I can see.

Last edited:
Back