Eat a wide variety of protein - for your heart!

MFAAS

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
A new study released showed that people who ate a wider variety of protein sources had a drastically lower risk of developing hypertension!

They broke it down into the following sources:
- Whole grains
- Refined grains
- Processed red meat
- Unprocessed red meat
- Poultry
- Fish
- Eggs
- Legumes

This was a 6 year study. After 6 years, they found that people who are four or more protein sources per week had a 66% lower risk of developing hypertension compared to those who had two or less protein sources per week.

The study was done in China, so that makes sense why they didn't include dairy things like whey or yogurt/greek yogurt or cottage cheese, but I would say you could add those and make 10 sources.

Regardless, the main takeaway is this: vary your diet! Just change things up. I know when bodybuilding the easiest thing to do (not mentally, but just in general) is to just eat the same damn things every day. If you do that, make sure you consume a wide range of proteins at different meals. I think it's easy to get in unprocessed red meat, poultry, fish, and eggs. Bam, that's 4 right there. Go ahead and throw some legumes in there. Either make some beans or make hummus or you could make a quinoa salad, etc.

What do y'all think? Do you get more than 4 protein sources in per week? Do you do anything special to make that happen?