Fiancee going through perimenopause. Advice?

SuperJew

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Hi All! My fiancee is 44 and has been having perimenopausal symptoms for about 2 years now. The only thing she ever takes is 10-15mgs of Anavar which she cycles on and off during the year.

I'm curious what you ladies who are in peri or full menopause are using for HRT? I was thinking a very low dose of test (7mgs ish? ) once per week. Would that amount cause a reasonable increase in estrogen? We'll be pulling a full hormone panel soon. I'm just trying to research well in advance.

My wife takes 15mg of test per week(split into 2 doses). She also takes progesterone nightly.
It has been a game changer for energy/mood/libido.

Make absolutely certain she's on top of her mammograms. Most breast cancers are "hormone positive", meaning estrogen speeds up development. Can go from "nothing detected" to significant malignancy in one year. You don't want to be responsible for that by encouraging HRT without also insisting on diligent mammograms.

My wife takes 15mg of test per week(split into 2 doses). She also takes progesterone nightly.
It has been a game changer for energy/mood/libido.
Thanks bud. Did you guys pull lab work to get initial values?

Make absolutely certain she's on top of her mammograms. Most breast cancers are "hormone positive", meaning estrogen speeds up development. Can go from "nothing detected" to significant malignancy in one year. You don't want to be responsible for that by encouraging HRT without also insisting on diligent mammograms.
Thanks and very true! She gets one every year and has also been tested for the BRCA genes.

Thanks and very true! She gets one every year and has also been tested for the BRCA genes.

OK great. I think HRT is good for women's quality of life. and unnecessarily maligned by bad studies from decades ago, but breast cancer can strike any time, and even if it were just a coincidence (levels are ever increasing unfortunately), you wouldn't want even the remotest possibility of having to wonder, if god forbid something happened with a delayed diagnosis, hanging over your relationship.

Thanks bud. Did you guys pull lab work to get initial values?
Yes. She is perimenopause. Her testosterone was extremely low. Estrogen was on the low end of normal(I don’t know the #’s off the top of my head).
Her provider did not want to put her on estrogen until after menopause.

I give my wife 10mg of Test C once a week and she says she feels amazing. She has already had breast cancer (about seven year ago) and had them removed. As far as estrogen, her levels really didn't go up on that dose. The only side effects she has noticed was water weight.

t has been a game changer for energy/mood/libido.
Same with my wife especially libido. The other day in the gym she said "feeling powerful is awesome". Lol. I told her "Yes my love it sure does"

Sponsors

Latest posts