Flame On: A DNP Log

gstay

Hey dudes.

This seemed like the best board to post a little DNP log at. Out of all of my research, this board is generally more open to it.

Anyways I'm about 6 days into it as we speak. So I will post to catch up to where I am.

Writing this log in hopes that Noobs seeking DNP information and logs will read and get something else to base their decision on. I know in my experience I think I've read just about every single log there is over the past 2 or 3 months, and not one of them suited my exact situation.

If you feel the need to flame, it's all good. But maybe you might try to understand that what someone is doing to their body is their own business, and maybe, just maybe you don't know the whole story behind their reasons or previous experience.

Let me explain that I do have a lot of experience with exercise and lifting. I know how to eat right (when I want to) and I can for sure lose weight with diet and cardio. Yes, I'm sure everyone in the world can. No need to mention it. Merely documenting my own experience, and providing information for anyone interested.

I don't plan on logging all my meals. But will give a basic outline and perhaps insight on daily change-ups every once in awhile.

I'm just coming off my 4-week PCT from an H-drol run. Gained a little more fat than expected.. But I am now a manlet monster.

Also, in February of last year, I was 196lbs and got down to 165 before starting that cycle. Ended up gaining about 13lbs (with a little fat) and kept most of it.

So, coming off a bulk and trying to cut back down to 162-165 again.

On with the show....

Stats:

22 Year old male
5'8 178 lbs
~17% Bodyfat

Likes long walks on the beach ... wait wut? haha

Supps using:

Gaspari Myofusion Chocolate (Can't get enough of this stuff best tasting/desirable protein for me)
Maxx Multi
Generic Wild Fish Oil
EC (when I need it.)
Green Tea (When I feel like it)
Superpump 250 for when I don't have the urge to lift but think I should anyway.
CMi Chia Pro

Running D's 250mg crystalline. Also realize that this is not actually 250mg of DNP and closer to 190mg so 200 for the sake of argument.
When I talk about dosage I sometimes I may simply say Caps instead of this dosage to avoid confusion
Knowing that 2 Caps = ~380 that is almost equal to 400mg Powder in my mind.

As we all know, you can't really plan a DNP cycle, only take it day by day and assess your individual tolerance and desirability for sides vs. how you feel.

This being said I "planned" to start running for days 1-4 @ 1 Cap (250mg)

Want to do a 15 day cycle. Although I may extend it. Plan to get to about 162-163 @ ~13% BF or
lower if possible.

Day 1: Actually a Tuesday night. Took 1 cap around 5:30pm and just hung out in my room doing some audio work until I decided to go to bed. Nothing out of the ordinary. A little warm, but that was an expected placebo effect I believe.

Day 2: Again took a cap at 5ish. No warmth to speak about really, but urine is starting to get highlighter yellow. The way it does when I take a multi. Lightens up when I drink more water, but never really gets clear. (Drinking about 3-4L a day) I won't get into details about what I've been eating but after stacking on some muscle, my maintenance has been raised a little to about 2600 and I feel i'm eating around 2000-2100.

Day 3: 1 cap at 5pmish. Nothing out of the ordinary during the day, feel the same as I always do at work. (walking about 12,000 steps a day is enough cardio for me) That night had a live sound gig to work for a friend's band at a real swanky restaurant. Had a $40 plate a of scallops (for free of course) and (1) Guinness. Followed by copious amounts of water. It was a hot place to start with, but I didn't really even sweat or feel overwhelmed by heat.

Day 4: Decide to proceed with 2 caps a day and assess how I feel. Took one at 8am before work. Took another at 5ish. Day off. So i went home to visit my folks for the weekend. Parents are health freaks, so I figured it would be great... but they chose this weekend to fall off the wagon for some reason. Needless to say, I perhaps went about 300cal over my maintenance. Starting to heat up now that I've eaten some junk food (Fish and chips to be exact). Greasy and carby. Made me feel surprisingly good actually.

Day 5: Halloween. You can guess where this is going. Woke up my mother bringing me an A&W teen burger. Wtf. ah well. Did some solid work for the old man. Worked up quite a bit of a sweat. Told my mom I was on DNP and explained what it does. She was cool with it. Dad already knew. (knew about the h-drol too.. how else do you explain a 13lb muscle gain in just 2-3 weeks?). 18 year old teenagers coming to trick or treat without costumes. hahaha get a life dudes, or next year I will camp in the bushes with my paintball gun. Warm night on the Canadian east coast. about 18 C.. weird for this time of year. Slept on the pullout in their basement with the fan on. Same Cap dosage as yesterday.

Day 6:
Holy shit Holy shit. Sweaty McSweatSweat. Must be from all the crazy mini halloween chocolate bars my mom shoved at me last night. Needless to say, today was the first day I really felt the heat. But it still wasn't even THAT bad. Drank a protein shake for breakfast and wore a t-shirt on the hour drive home with the windows down. Another protein shake for lunch.Couple mini chocolate bars. 2 or 3 at 60 cals each. Dinner was Tuna/tiny bit of mayo w/asparagus spears and brocolli in a whole wheat pita. Another protein shake before bed.
Still @ 2 caps. Still sweating up a storm. Spunk is yellow and radioactive. That's fucking cool.
Today was the first day I've had a chance to lift, so I guzzled some Superpump and worked out till I couldn't move. No pump to speak of. Just tired. But feeling good about myself.

Day 7: (Today)
First time I've weighed myself.
169lbs
Sweet. That's about 9lbs in 6 1/2 days. Most was water, But I'll take that.
Last night was the only night so far I've had a bit of trouble sleeping. Just turned the fan up to 3 and woke up every few hours to drink some water. Got about 10 hours.
Woke up sweating like yesterday. Took a dose of EC so I'd be good for work. Protein shake, 1 Cap of DNP and my other random supps. Cold shower. Radioactive Piss. It seems no matter how much water I drink it gets progressively darker. I take this as a good sign that 2 caps is a perfect dose for me, and I won't raise the dosage until I feel it's starting to lose it's benefit.
Today's menu is:

Protein Shake
Protein Shake
Tuna w/Asparagus, broccoli and brussell sprouts.
Protein Shake

EC will blunt my hunger. Haven't used stims for awhile. As I'm typing this, I feel like I'm on crack at work. Thank god for this desk fan in between A/V setups.

I'll update again either tonight or tomorrow. Looks like I might try to run longer than 15 days. I feel no real bad sides and am loving the progress in the mirror.

Special thanks to Conciliator. I have learned TONS from reading almost all of your posts over teh intarweb. You're insights are incredibly valuable. And I encourage anyone interested in DNP or the science behind it to check out his posts.

Also a blanket thank you to anyone's log who I have read. and I'm pretty sure I've read them all.
It's experiences pro and con that help people decide if substances are for them.

Any questions.. fire away.

Thanks for reading.

I like this, good idea with a log man.

I've read alot of bad stuff about DNP, and from what everyone says it's something to stay away from. So It'll be kinda interesting to read a day-by-day log about your effects.

Keep us posted!

I forget what the recommended dose is. Between 3-6mg per kg/bw or something similar.

I don't even plan on going over 3 caps a day. = about 540mg per day. But it's not the single dose that would mess you up, it's the accumulative dose of it in your system. On some forums guys regulate doses so that they're running a constant blood level of 300mg or so. They do this by staggering their doses.

I'm going for arguably the most simple way to take it, which is judge by what your body tells you. If I feel too much like shit, I will go back down to the dose I was at before. Pretty simple.

It's my personal opinion that DNP used in moderation isn't any more harmful than anything else in moderation. I mean.. you can OD on just about every man made substance if you take enough of it.
Just don't be an idiot and do things like drink. or dehydrate yourself.

Everyone gives DNP such a bad rep. But IMO it's gotten way blown out of proportion like Ephedrine.
Lots of people died, because they were stupid with their dosages.Case of Social Darwinism if I ever heard one.

Day 8: Total sweat fest last night. Fan on 3. Basement window cranked open. No covers.
Kept cals pretty low yesterday. Going to try and hit the same goal today.
If I've got my math right about how much is being burned, it should be as follows.

A CONSERVATIVE rate of metabolism increase on DNP should be 50%.

So:

If I normally sit at 2600 burned for maintenance, I add another 1300 onto that for the cals that DNP is burning.

That means I'm going through roughly 3900 cals a day BEFORE exercise.

If I'm only taking in 1500 or so on this new alteration then this means I am burning about 2400 cals a day before cardio/lifting/ general exercise. Which should equate to about 3/4lb loss a day. or 1lb theoretically if I really push it and exercise.
(Which believe me is slightly more difficult to do on DNP) I know some guys who won't even touch a weight or do cardio while on it. It makes you that lethargic.

Took another hit of EC this morning. Have a sound gig tonight on the waterfront in a rather warm indoor location. I'll pass on the free beer and food for once.

I never go over 200mg a day. I do longer cycles to get the weight loss, but I get a little sweating at night only. Also, my bloodwork is perfect while on it. I wish I could say that for gear.

Thanks for the encouragement Minime!

And yeah, I agree long duration small dose cycles are for sure the best way to go. I'm going to do a 30 day at 250mg after this one!

good log bro, keep us posted.
Just me being a little anal-retentive, but you are actually poppin about 187.5 mg actual dnp per cap...not 190 (or 200 for the sake of..yeah).
just thought I would throw that out there:) but you seem to be doing well keeping everything in order.

Special thanks to Conciliator. I have learned TONS from reading almost all of your posts over teh intarweb. You're insights are incredibly valuable. And I encourage anyone interested in DNP or the science behind it to check out his posts.
Thanks for the mention. Also, thanks for logging your experience. I'll be following along.

Day 9:

This is about the time I throw a word of caution to anyone who has even a bit of a strenuous job and attempting to do DNP.
Last night was HORRIBLE. Not even kidding. First I lugged all our gear into this little fancy club, then I sat there and mixed the whole night. Everyone else was drinking elegant huge glasses of stella and I was sipping my water. It was about 3 hours inside this moderate-temperatured club.
Which was about 22 degrees because it was cold out. (That's about 72 to my friends down south)... BUT it felt to me like it was well about 35C.. or.. 100F or so.

So here I am, POURING sweat. had to change from a dress shirt and tie, into a t-shirt, and then into another t-shirt.

Did I mention that the sides of DNP are VERY similar to those of Swine flu? Which is dominating the news right now. Mass hysteria ensues. Everyone I encounter says "Man... you really don't look so good. You're hot to the touch.. why are you sweating so bad!? Do you have swine flu!?"

I'm like.. no dudes. I just don't feel good and I can't breath that well in here... "OMG YOU DO HAVE SWINE FLU!" hah. and on and on. Ended up having to tell a few of my friends in the band I was on DNP. but I dummied up the explanation a bit. So I left and didn't help them pack up.
Just had to get out of there. Chest was pretty constricted, i was super hot.. and my extremities were really starting to hurt. THEN I remember why I don't do EC anymore. Fuck. Every single time it makes my arms and legs hurt.. This crazy aching feeling. Didn't have anything to do with DNP.

Managed to drive myself home, took a tylenol... a couple pills of CEL cycle support. (For the Blood pressure, those pains in my arms and legs).. Few hours later, woke up and never felt better. Going to start taking CEL cycle support everyday with this, as it seems to help (I took it a couple other days when I felt like crap as well).

Moral of the story. Make yourself a fucking hermit if you're on DNP. The social fallout could be devastating.. not to mention if you go somewhere that your body doesn't like... you're going to pay for it.

This isn't deterring me from DNP at all. Just making me respect it a little more, and realizing my limitations on it.

Weight is 167lbs today.

Thank you Conc, and jared.. good luck continuing your cycle shm!!!

Thanks gstay,

I am a tad jealous because I am impatient and not feeling to much of the heat. Gets my paranoid mind thinking my dnp isnt that great. although my source is on the up and up. Not really sweating at night. I am on day six I am doing 1 cap morning then 1 at 4 pm. On day 9 I may go to 3 caps if I am feeling like i do now. I came down with a cold so that is making me feel a little under the weather. (cold started before dnp) Does everyone respond differently to dnp? My expectations were that I would be a sweating pig, which I am not. By the way my stats are 37 yrs, 190 5' 8" lifting religiously for 6 years. about 20% BF. gstay have you run a cycle of dnp before? I am hoping to get down to 170. then start a test enth , EQ, t-bol cycle:)

Don't be impatient. That's probably the biggest mistake you can make. You don't have to be sweating for DNP to be working. If you take it, it's working.

If you really want to experiment. Just ingest a whack load of carbs. Then you might start to feel it.
Be it whatever, Chinese, pizza, pasta... anything junky or greasy. That's what really set me off.
Also, some nights I am perfectly fine going to bed without sweating. Fan off, window closed... a few hours of that and I wake up pretty soaked.

Only go to 3 caps if you haven't felt a hint of sides and you feel you can handle it. It has been my experience from reading that yes... EVERYONE has a different tolerance to DNP. I wouldn't be in a hurry to wish the heat and sweating upon yourself. I wanted it badly too, to prove it was working.. and now I wish it wasn't a side.

I haven't run any DNP before, this is my first experience. But I did as much research as I could before deciding if it was for me.

To get to 170 from 190.. I would suggest 2 different cycles. as in, a 12-14 day... then wait two weeks for the water to drop off and your body to "recharge" (Conc, I've seen you have good opinions on whether or not you should take time off).. and then do either a long/low dose cycle or another 12-14 day. Even with a not perfect diet, this should net you close to 20lbs loss if you play your cards right.

I just tell people I am on whatever diet pill is popular that makes you sweat and they buy it, also explains the water and no beer when you are out.
Not many foods set off my heat with DNP but you mentioned pizza and I had a slice on my last cycle and that did it, was the hottest slice ever, LOL

Shm, stay at your current dose for a few days and see what happens bro, I wouldn't up the dose to 3 caps so quick, but that's me.

Thanks gstay,

I am a tad jealous because I am impatient and not feeling to much of the heat. Gets my paranoid mind thinking my dnp isnt that great. although my source is on the up and up. Not really sweating at night. I am on day six I am doing 1 cap morning then 1 at 4 pm. On day 9 I may go to 3 caps if I am feeling like i do now. I came down with a cold so that is making me feel a little under the weather. (cold started before dnp) Does everyone respond differently to dnp? My expectations were that I would be a sweating pig, which I am not. By the way my stats are 37 yrs, 190 5' 8" lifting religiously for 6 years. about 20% BF. gstay have you run a cycle of dnp before? I am hoping to get down to 170. then start a test enth , EQ, t-bol cycle:)

be patient.
You might try spliting a cap before a full 3.
You can get empty gel caps at any vitamin store for peanuts.
I am doing 1.5 in am and 1.5 in pm
Some nights I sweat like crazy other nights not so much. The scale is headed lower.
Today is the last day,,off to Vegas for classes and fun this weekend.
I plan to take a week off or so then start back..

Don't be impatient. That's probably the biggest mistake you can make. You don't have to be sweating for DNP to be working. If you take it, it's working.

If you really want to experiment. Just ingest a whack load of carbs. Then you might start to feel it.
Be it whatever, Chinese, pizza, pasta... anything junky or greasy. That's what really set me off.
Also, some nights I am perfectly fine going to bed without sweating. Fan off, window closed... a few hours of that and I wake up pretty soaked.

Only go to 3 caps if you haven't felt a hint of sides and you feel you can handle it. It has been my experience from reading that yes... EVERYONE has a different tolerance to DNP. I wouldn't be in a hurry to wish the heat and sweating upon yourself. I wanted it badly too, to prove it was working.. and now I wish it wasn't a side.

To get to 170 from 190.. I would suggest 2 different cycles. as in, a 12-14 day... then wait two weeks for the water to drop off and your body to "recharge" (Conc, I've seen you have good opinions on whether or not you should take time off).. and then do either a long/low dose cycle or another 12-14 day. Even with a not perfect diet, this should net you close to 20lbs loss if you play your cards right.
I haven't run any DNP before, this is my first experience. But I did as much research as I could before deciding if it was for me. Definitely erring on the side of caution. I am following all protocols of dosage and frequency. I have researched for about a year now and finally took the plunge. I have read alot of Conc. posts also and also heretics sticky. I will follow your suggestion of 2 cycles. thanks. My diet is clean somewhat but i admit i like my cake! Thanks for your dnp log, it has been very helpful.

Back