Former steroid-using athlete writes book about steroids in football

Steroid News

News bot on steroids
Southeast grad writes book on steroids that hits home
[SIZE=-1]Southeast Missourian, MO [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Spiral of Denial: Muscle Doping in American Football," delves into the impact of performance-enhancing drugs on football and how it has affected an entire culture as players try to keep up with bigger, stronger athletes. [...][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"I just used one cycle of testosterone, less than five weeks total, that summer before the 1982 season," said Chaney, who said he obtained the drug from a Southeast student body builder with whom he became acquainted. "The first time I did it, I had immediate effects in the weight room. My bench press went up immediately.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"In football practice, you're getting beat up, you're getting bruised. It's really hard to lift weights and gain strength. All that seemed to disappear [with the testosterone]."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Chaney said he didn't gain an unusual amount of weight, but he probably "packed on a good 5 or 10 pounds."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]"I didn't really gain a lot of weight, because it was the summer, it was so hot, and I wasn't using the strong sort of steroid like Dianabol, and I quit so quick," said Chaney, a defensive end who said he weighed about 195 pounds at the beginning of that summer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Chaney said a knee injury that wound up ending his football career likely kept him from delving heavier into the use of steroids.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]...[/SIZE]

More...