General skincare with aging.

So, Ive noticed the last few months that I'm starting to get permanent brow and laugh line wrinkles. I'm almost 31, I guess it's to be expected.

On top of that, I am breaking out a fair amount, primarily on my shoulders and upper arms. I've got that weird skin condition that causes small bumps in my arms that I'm forgetting the same of ATM and those are getting clogged now on this mild blast I'm running.

I've started supplementing better for it. Hyaluronic acid, astaxanthin, collagen, topical collagen/hyaluronic acid/vitamin C face wipes etc.

Aside from the above as well as showering daily and using solid natural charcoal based soap+washcloth, which has always done great for my very historically mild breakouts, what else can I do here?

I'm not huge on the idea of buying compounded skincare stuff, I'd rather just use raw and natural products put together myself. I use raw cacao butter a lot for example.

Any tips would be really cool!

Tretinoin cream is pretty much one of the best researched meds you can use for anti aging and acne. I know you said you prefer to keep it natural but there you go. You can start at 0.025% and see how it goes from there if you like.

Salicylic acid peels are great too, sounds scary but they're not so bad, just go slow. A 10% solution for 60 seconds on your face once a week or so is pretty mild, I personally start at 15% however.

You can leave it on longer on your arms and shoulders since the skin is much thicker than your face, just put some on over your problem areas like 5 or 10 minutes before hopping in the shower.

A short course of Accutane should knock out the acne, possibly forever.

I use retin-A on my face every night. I think it's 0.05%.

I don't know about the acne but a couple iu/day of growth hormone helps my skin look better. It seems to help my wrinkles around my eyes a bit. I'm 50 though.

So, Ive noticed the last few months that I'm starting to get permanent brow and laugh line wrinkles. I'm almost 31, I guess it's to be expected.

On top of that, I am breaking out a fair amount, primarily on my shoulders and upper arms. I've got that weird skin condition that causes small bumps in my arms that I'm forgetting the same of ATM and those are getting clogged now on this mild blast I'm running.

I've started supplementing better for it. Hyaluronic acid, astaxanthin, collagen, topical collagen/hyaluronic acid/vitamin C face wipes etc.

Aside from the above as well as showering daily and using solid natural charcoal based soap+washcloth, which has always done great for my very historically mild breakouts, what else can I do here?

I'm not huge on the idea of buying compounded skincare stuff, I'd rather just use raw and natural products put together myself. I use raw cacao butter a lot for example.

Any tips would be really cool!
Keratosis pilaris? I've noticed that my skin has become a lot smoother by doing a few simple things:
1) Bought a loofah sponge to scrub off dead skin regularly.
2) Bought GHK-CU raw powder and mixed it with hyaluronic acid to make my own serum.
3) 2-4 IU GH/day.

I have the same issues. For the face just keep moisturized with a good lotion like lubraderm, mabe try a mask. My wife does them for me some times and my face always looks good after and feels amazing, I also feel it tightens my skin up.

You may need to cut out dairy and greasy foods, and wash your pillow case, sheets,blankets and towels very often. dirty towels spread virus fungus and bacteria. I would also shower 2x a day after work and upon waking.

For the back, arms and shoulders, even face too.
20240702_135414.jpg
20240702_135314.jpg

disclaimer: I don’t know what I’m talking about

I think the problem with a lot of skincare products is that they cause irritation, at least at first. When summer hits and I use a mineral sunscreen, my skin has a very mild reaction for the first few uses and I get some acne. After that, my skin adjusts. This says to me that this shit ain’t good for your skin.

I use a “sensitive” soap bar that has like 4 ingredients and when I use it on my face I get dry red skin. I’m not a tramp, so I still wash from the neck down. But for my face I just give it a gentle scrub with water, and apply a thin layer of Vaseline. I’ve not washed my face with soap for years now, and my skin is better for it.

The question that matters most is does the skincare product in question give you short term or long term results? I could wash my face for a week until my skin adjusts and then slap a moisturiser on and it’d look better then than it does now. But how’s the skin gonna look in a decade of doing that? When I put sunscreen on I look like I’ve been greased up and bukkaked, but I know that I’ll look better for it when I’m older

My broscience opinion is to keep the outside out and the inside in. So mechanical scrubbing, no soap, and then Vaseline for me