Got VA to (almost) approve TRT

ridler77

TLDR is your labs are < 264 you get TRT, regardless of your symptoms.

I'd read lots of bad comments about the VA and old Dr's not prescribing TRT. My telehealth with Endo went very well. I have all the clinical signs, bored at work, lost libido, no morning wood.

My Test (Serum) was at 200 and a week later 278. The cutoff is 264. 264 is the lower 2.5% threshold so I'm practically a woman at this point.

She ordered another test, and if it is <264 I get TRT. After an MRI of course... Now to crash my T before the next test. I'm planning on doing some shots, staying up late, and then eating some donuts 2 hrs before my labs.

Downside is they try to keep T levels at 500 and discontinue at 700.

I read somewhere that metformin reduces test but not sure how long that process rajes
I read that JFK, Tupac, and Elvis all live on an island together and are having a good old time playing beach volleyball eating crab dinners. Can't remember where I read that or where the island is but trust me bro.

Downside is they try to keep T levels at 500 and discontinue at 700.
Time your shots and you can have your levels be anywhere, minimum youll be getting a 1ML bottle per week (as the stoppers are “single use”) so you could take 200mg/wk, I do and all my endo sees is 600 ish not the 1200 200mg puts me at (im prescribed 140mg/wk)
I do around a 9-11 day trough to get down there, he never once has asked me when I took my shot to getting bloodwork, prolly because my bloods look fantastic everytime

Time your shots and you can have your levels be anywhere, minimum youll be getting a 1ML bottle per week (as the stoppers are “single use”) so you could take 200mg/wk, I do and all my endo sees is 600 ish not the 1200 200mg puts me at (im prescribed 140mg/wk)
I do around a 9-11 day trough to get down there, he never once has asked me when I took my shot to getting bloodwork, prolly because my bloods look fantastic everytime
Yep gonna take some work to balance out. As long as I get a prescription I don't mind supplementing with Q. Just being on the controlled list (stupid govt!) means I have to have a prescription.

I read that JFK, Tupac, and Elvis all live on an island together and are having a good old time playing beach volleyball eating crab dinners. Can't remember where I read that or where the island is but trust me bro.
Become familiar with the search function of google. This topic is very well covered in numerous papers, I just gave him the hint.

Become familiar with the search function of google. This topic is very well covered in numerous papers, I just gave him the hint.

Metformin reduced endogenous testosterone in this study (ref 1) although this was confounded with weight loss in another study (ref 2).

Most people here get their testosterone from a vial anyway so whatevs.

The VA also said my levels were to high even though I had all the symptoms. I had to seek out a TRT DOC who said "your levels are a little low, but we would like to see them optimized". According to the TRT DOC, 800-1300 are optimized. The cost is obscene, but I use the money the VA gives me to pay for it. To lower my T levels for the VAs second test I did the following. I drank about 5 shots of Wild Turkey 101 and got 4 hours sleep and that lowered my levels 100 points from the last test. This could be because I don't really drink or it could be just a coincidence. Good luck to you brother.