Guaiacol - Use At Your Own Risk

Astartes

PREFACE: I am probably going to get some flack for this, but in the interest of harm reduction I need to put it out there.

I have been steadily experimenting with Guaiacol for 3 years now. It almost killed me as I moved all my mixes to 3-10%.

It wasn’t until the aggregate sum of dosing rose that my life threatening symptoms emerged. Heart irregularity. Extreme headaches. Blood pressure. I actually ended up hospitalized.

On and on.

I say this to all those out there. For years I couldn’t figure out why I felt shitty. Why my dosing suddenly was off. Well, that’s because Guaiacol is insidious at low doses.

The Toxicity of Guaiacol as a Super Solvent in PED Injectables: A Closer Look In My Opinion

In the world of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), the pursuit of maximum efficacy and minimal discomfort often leads to the use of various solvents to enhance the solubility and injectability of these compounds. One such solvent, Guaiacol, has gained popularity for its ability to dissolve large quantities of anabolic steroids into a solution that can be injected in smaller volumes. However, despite its widespread use, the potential toxicity of Guaiacol raises significant concerns that warrant careful consideration.

What is Guaiacol?

Guaiacol is an organic compound that occurs naturally in wood smoke and is commonly used as a flavoring agent, expectorant in cough medicine, and in the synthesis of other chemicals. In the context of PEDs, Guaiacol is valued for its solvent properties, particularly in dissolving steroid esters for injectable solutions. This allows for higher concentrations of steroids to be administered in smaller injection volumes, which is often seen as more convenient for users.

Toxicity Concerns

Despite its effectiveness as a solvent, Guaiacol’s use in injectable PEDs is not without risk. Several studies have highlighted the potential toxicity of Guaiacol, particularly when administered parenterally (by injection). The primary concerns associated with Guaiacol toxicity include local tissue reactions, systemic toxicity, and potential long-term health effects.

1. Local Tissue Reactions

One of the most immediate risks associated with Guaiacol is its potential to cause irritation and damage at the injection site. Studies have shown that Guaiacol can lead to severe inflammatory reactions, including pain, swelling, and even necrosis (tissue death) at the injection site. A study published in Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology found that repeated injections of Guaiacol in rats resulted in significant local tissue damage, characterized by inflammation and fibrosis (scarring of tissue) .

2. Systemic Toxicity

Beyond local tissue reactions, there is evidence to suggest that Guaiacol can cause systemic toxicity when introduced into the body in large amounts or over prolonged periods. A study in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics indicated that Guaiacol can induce oxidative stress, which can damage cells and lead to systemic effects such as liver and kidney toxicity . Additionally, Guaiacol has been shown to interfere with normal metabolic processes, potentially leading to adverse outcomes such as compromised immune function and hormonal imbalances.

3. Potential Carcinogenicity

Another area of concern is the potential carcinogenicity of Guaiacol. While there is limited direct evidence linking Guaiacol to cancer in humans, some animal studies have suggested a possible association between Guaiacol exposure and an increased risk of developing tumors. For example, a study published in Environmental Health Perspectives found that chronic exposure to Guaiacol in rodents led to an increased incidence of liver and lung tumors . While these findings are not conclusive, they raise important questions about the long-term safety of Guaiacol use in injectable PEDs.

Regulatory and Safety Considerations

Given the potential risks associated with Guaiacol, its use in pharmaceutical formulations is subject to strict regulatory oversight in many countries. However, the underground nature of PED manufacturing often means that these products are not subject to the same rigorous safety standards as approved pharmaceuticals. As a result, users of injectable PEDs containing Guaiacol may be unknowingly exposing themselves to significant health risks.

Conclusion

While Guaiacol is an effective solvent for creating highly concentrated injectable steroid solutions, its potential toxicity cannot be overlooked. The risks of local tissue reactions, systemic toxicity, and even possible carcinogenicity make it a concerning choice for use in PEDs. Users should be aware of these risks and consider safer alternatives, while regulatory agencies should continue to monitor and regulate the use of such substances in unapproved pharmaceutical products.

Why? Genuine question.

I feel like we could have answered this without a 3 year poison trial
Fair question.

I tolerate high concentration PIP well. Guaiacol helped with that PIP due to anesthetic impact at low %s and allowed me to play with higher and higher concentrations

You don’t really realize at first it is poisoning you. Much of our sport is still art. Much of what people say is misinformation. Some of us trail blaze.

Again… the build is insidious. It wasn’t until the higher doses that I connected the “feeling” with irrefutable symptoms

The worst thing of all is that no one cares about their health.
Everybody focus on gear and blame gear for everything happened to them,but they forget to study and learn what is inside to oils they are injecting,what negative effect have synthetic solvets like this, what ai's and caber do to your health.

It drives me crazy when i see guys saying they don't use the oral versions of 17aa because they're scared to not stress their liver OR they mess their digestion but prefer instead to inject that shit and eventually get a non lethal dose but still a poison in their body. Same goes for those who want to pin 500mg/ml and "cheat the code". I would still take the oral with a liver protection and if needed a antacid or a PPI while taking the oral.

You can definitely cheat the code and do 500mg/ml without poisons like guaiacol. Just take a page from the pharma industry and use their oils and solvents.

Can you brew test E or C at 500 with only a carrier oil and BA+BB? I mean with a reasonable oil, like organic or MCT and not EO or miglyol. If you can, then great! Another reason some guys have to think twice before brew with guaiacol.

The fact is for a lot of steroid users if there's no immediate problem as far as they're concerned that's proof it's safe.

The same could be said of:

Endotoxins, which the FDA and Pharma take great care to minimize while UGLs do not.

Glass micro-shards from ampules used without a filter syringe, which is a requirement in most
medical settings.

Butyl rubber stopper particles from syringe coring, for which evidence of harm is still emerging.

All of these typically resulting in negative health effects based on cumulative exposure over long periods of time, and the effects, like arthritis, immune system issues, or embolisms aren't obviously connected to the cause.

Suggest any precautions to reduce these risks and the mockery is immediate and fierce.

Can you brew test E or C at 500 with only a carrier oil and BA+BB? I mean with a reasonable oil, like organic or MCT and not EO or miglyol. If you can, then great! Another reason some guys have to think twice before brew with guaiacol.
E/C no but D I can and I have. No guaiacol, just ba/bb

You’d have to inject 30ML test base at one time with 15% Guaiacol to even possibly kill you. Now people may have an allergy to it but it’s not harmful if taken in normal doses for those that don’t.
I use it daily and have no issues with it.
cue the rat studies.

Last edited:
The problem is there are thousands of users of these harmful compounds and yet only few complainants comes forward, hence, no outcry.

Most meathead would just call you weak since among the myriad of steroid users who have been injecting for decades there are only a handful who had issues. Even for the ugls who use them, people stIll buy or actively seek out higher concentration brews using said ingredients since there is no widespread issues.

The problem is there are thousands of users of these harmful compounds and yet only few complainants comes forward, hence, no outcry.

Most meathead would just call you weak since among the myriad of steroid users who have been injecting for decades there are only a handful who had issues. Even for the ugls who use them, people stIll buy or actively seek out higher concentration brews using said ingredients since there is no widespread issues.
Friends Comedy GIF by Run The Burbs

Fuck guiacol or whatever that crap is, it gave me burning sensation while injecting. I was crazy enough some time ago to tolerate injectable drol made with this poison...

What risks does miglyol have?

Also curious

There's 3 different types of Miglyol, the 810, 812 and 840. The first 2 are kinda safe since they're derived from MCT oil and caprylic acid.

The 840 most likely can increase inflamation since it's a propylene glycol diester. Propylene glycol can be inflammatory and cause an allergic response to many people. It's been used mostly in cosmetics.. Many of us have used it in topical minoxidil, if you have that itching and discomfort it's from the PG.

That's why some companies like Minoxidil Max have a complete line up with PG and one without it. It's not as shitty as guaicol but there's no reason to chose a brew in Miglyol instead of MCT or even better organic carrier oils like sesame or GSO. The only advantage of Miglyol is its extremely low dynamic viscocity rating, making it suitable for brewing high concentration per ml.

I believe with a hs CRP test and a CBC you can see if it's toxic for you or not. I would avoid it though since there's plenty of UGL that brew in better oils.

Sponsors

Latest posts