Help with Weightloss (Girl)

Lunex

Hello Meso!

I’m on a journey to lose some weight and would love to gather some tips and guidance. If anyone has experience with effective methods for weight loss
Any recommendations on what to use and how would be incredibly helpful as I embark on this journey.

I'm not scared of needles :)
Ozempic/WeGovy sounds too expensive.

Would any recommend Cagrilintide / Cagrisema over Semaglutide or Tirze?
I wanna start of low dosages for the first 2 months, unless there is not alot of side effects or nausea.

Stats:
Woman
23 Years Old.
Height: 155 CM
Weight: 63 KG

Goal:
Weight: 53-55 KG

Thank you in advance for your support!

Last edited:
Why?

Lifestyle change is difficult. Behavioral change is difficult. From a purely rational point of view, I can take an obese person and offer them this intervention and correct the obesity in the environment in which they find themselves. They simply my have to commit to the intervention for the rest of their lives.

Given the epidemic of metabolic disregulation in this country, I see that as a perfectly viable option.

If lifestyle and behavior change were so easy to modify in a population, the obesity epidemic wouldn’t be.

So the question then becomes, what is ideal vs. what is sufficient to address the problem. We can all agree that in the ideal case an obese person changes their behaviors makes better food choices and exercises regularly. In these circumstances it’s entirely possible for someone to taper off a GLP-1 RA and with a great deal of effort maintain a healthy weight.

Regardless, that’s not the kind of guidance I would start with. I can say with some degree of confidence that it is sufficient for someone to start on a GLP-1 RA, escalate dosage until 1-2% per week of loss is occurring and then expect to taper down to maintenance and sustain that indefinitely. That’s the guidance that I would start with, following which I would suggest a protein target, resistance exercise and the importance of lifestyle and behavior change that with some effort will allow some to come completely off and sustain a healthy weight.
I would be inclined to agree. Other than smoking and perhaps chronic alcoholism, there is just about nothing that is as horrible for long term health outcomes than being perpetually fat. Provided there is no complications from the drugs, treat the “can’t/wont” crowd like diabetics from a clinical standpoint and keep them on the drugs forever. Getting the US insurance industry to agree to this is another matter, but time will tell the score on that front.

For those that are on this forum primarily for the purpose of sourcing or learning GLP drugs, I hope that being around so many of uswho are fitness obsessed will provide motivation to make some lifestyle changes that will serve them well moving forward.

Not sure what that one is. Another amphetamine analog I assume?

I admittedly experimented with adderall recreationally back in my college days. Umm yeah, food was not a high priority
It makes sense as it definitely gives energy and inhibits appetite. I’ve seen some strong meth heads lifting buncha copper that weighed twice as much as them lmao. In all seriousness I felt like phentermine was a good weight loss option for people that had a hard time losing weight. It made me feel like hell after it wore off so I stopped. But it definitely suppressed appetite.

But you did not think diet and exercise alone could do it
It makes sense as it definitely gives energy and inhibits appetite. I’ve seen some strong meth heads lifting buncha copper that weighed twice as much as them lmao. In all seriousness I felt like phentermine was a good weight loss option for people that had a hard time losing weight. It made me feel like hell after it wore off so I stopped. But it definitely suppressed appetite.

As much as I like you, you realise this was started by a 23 TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD girl.
And the other person that is replying to you, who I am sure is much older than both you and her.
I am speechless.
Even as a joke, this is just s***

Why?

Lifestyle change is difficult. Behavioral change is difficult. From a purely rational point of view, I can take an obese person and offer them this intervention and correct the obesity in the environment in which they find themselves. They simply my have to commit to the intervention for the rest of their lives.

Given the epidemic of metabolic disregulation in this country, I see that as a perfectly viable option.

If lifestyle and behavior change were so easy to modify in a population, the obesity epidemic wouldn’t be.

So the question then becomes, what is ideal vs. what is sufficient to address the problem. We can all agree that in the ideal case an obese person changes their behaviors makes better food choices and exercises regularly. In these circumstances it’s entirely possible for someone to taper off a GLP-1 RA and with a great deal of effort maintain a healthy weight.

Regardless, that’s not the kind of guidance I would start with. I can say with some degree of confidence that it is sufficient for someone to start on a GLP-1 RA, escalate dosage until 1-2% per week of loss is occurring and then expect to taper down to maintenance and sustain that indefinitely. That’s the guidance that I would start with, following which I would suggest a protein target, resistance exercise and the importance of lifestyle and behavior change that with some effort will allow some to come completely off and sustain a healthy weight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that we agree on mostly everything, including the fact that the pursuit of not being on medication forever is ideal, but we differ on the starting point.

I emphasize trying lifestyle changes before resorting to medication, or using a combination of lifestyle changes and medication, but with the ultimate goal of going off medication if the person can maintain their weight through exercise and nutrition.

Your approach sees medication as a first step to overcome the challenges in behavior change, with the possibility of tapering off once weight loss is achieved and habits improve.

@4KTropin

Cool that you agree with me.
Always nice to find a kindred spirit.
Thank you for the message.

As for this:

I can’t stand the endless bullshit posts you and Ghoul post like you have a quota to meet, you guys clutter and derail every god damn thread.

3 posts from you in 3 different threads and in each you have criticised a member.
Third time lucky was for Ghoul and I.
Fair enough, but I am not sure how I have derailed this particular thread.
Nevermind.

I got not quota to meet but, as things stand, you do, so I am sure we will see you around.
If it bothers you that much, before I reply to someone next time, I will check you are not already present there, so as not to create aggravation.
Seriously.
If you come afterwards, though, not much I can do.
Have a good Sunday (or what is left of it).

Sponsors

Back