Help with Weightloss (Girl)

Lunex

Hello Meso!

I’m on a journey to lose some weight and would love to gather some tips and guidance. If anyone has experience with effective methods for weight loss
Any recommendations on what to use and how would be incredibly helpful as I embark on this journey.

I'm not scared of needles :)
Ozempic/WeGovy sounds too expensive.

Would any recommend Cagrilintide / Cagrisema over Semaglutide or Tirze?
I wanna start of low dosages for the first 2 months, unless there is not alot of side effects or nausea.

Stats:
Woman
23 Years Old.
Height: 155 CM
Weight: 63 KG

Goal:
Weight: 53-55 KG

Thank you in advance for your support!

Last edited:
Not sure what that one is. Another amphetamine analog I assume?

I admittedly experimented with adderall recreationally back in my college days. Umm yeah, food was not a high priority
It makes sense as it definitely gives energy and inhibits appetite. I’ve seen some strong meth heads lifting buncha copper that weighed twice as much as them lmao. In all seriousness I felt like phentermine was a good weight loss option for people that had a hard time losing weight. It made me feel like hell after it wore off so I stopped. But it definitely suppressed appetite.

But you did not think diet and exercise alone could do it
It makes sense as it definitely gives energy and inhibits appetite. I’ve seen some strong meth heads lifting buncha copper that weighed twice as much as them lmao. In all seriousness I felt like phentermine was a good weight loss option for people that had a hard time losing weight. It made me feel like hell after it wore off so I stopped. But it definitely suppressed appetite.

As much as I like you, you realise this was started by a 23 TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD girl.
And the other person that is replying to you, who I am sure is much older than both you and her.
I am speechless.
Even as a joke, this is just s***

As much as I like you, you realise this was started by a 23 TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD girl.
And the other person that is replying to you, who I am sure is much older than both you and her.
I am speechless.
Even as a joke, this is just s***
Sorry, I thought it was a joke when the reply to sound advice he gave her was, “Thanks, but I’m looking to inject some shit.” Went on a side convo discussing phentermine and the appetite suppression it provides, with a little joke about methamphetamine that looks to be in bad taste. However, phentermine is a pharmaceutical amphetamine prescribed to those who cannot lose fat easily just by themselves. They are monitored by a doctor at a clinic and it has shown successful. I am not too sure about anyone else’s age, I myself, 35, should’ve been a little more mature and ignored this thread. But hard to do when when I see that type of reply to someone who took time to give insightful advice.

Why?

Lifestyle change is difficult. Behavioral change is difficult. From a purely rational point of view, I can take an obese person and offer them this intervention and correct the obesity in the environment in which they find themselves. They simply my have to commit to the intervention for the rest of their lives.

Given the epidemic of metabolic disregulation in this country, I see that as a perfectly viable option.

If lifestyle and behavior change were so easy to modify in a population, the obesity epidemic wouldn’t be.

So the question then becomes, what is ideal vs. what is sufficient to address the problem. We can all agree that in the ideal case an obese person changes their behaviors makes better food choices and exercises regularly. In these circumstances it’s entirely possible for someone to taper off a GLP-1 RA and with a great deal of effort maintain a healthy weight.

Regardless, that’s not the kind of guidance I would start with. I can say with some degree of confidence that it is sufficient for someone to start on a GLP-1 RA, escalate dosage until 1-2% per week of loss is occurring and then expect to taper down to maintenance and sustain that indefinitely. That’s the guidance that I would start with, following which I would suggest a protein target, resistance exercise and the importance of lifestyle and behavior change that with some effort will allow some to come completely off and sustain a healthy weight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that we agree on mostly everything, including the fact that the pursuit of not being on medication forever is ideal, but we differ on the starting point.

I emphasize trying lifestyle changes before resorting to medication, or using a combination of lifestyle changes and medication, but with the ultimate goal of going off medication if the person can maintain their weight through exercise and nutrition.

Your approach sees medication as a first step to overcome the challenges in behavior change, with the possibility of tapering off once weight loss is achieved and habits improve.

Your approach sees medication as a first step to overcome the challenges in behavior change, with the possibility of tapering off once weight loss is achieved and habits improve.

Your assessment is correct. I’ve come to this conclusion primarily as a result of the fact that lifestyle and behavior change have broadly failed at a population level prior to GLP-1 RAs. It’s certainly possible at an individual level but still unlikely.

I speculate that with some success at changing body composition using drugs, folks may then find lifestyle and behavior change to be easier. Certainly, it’s something that should be attempted, however I wouldn’t make it a barrier to entry in the slightest, because even if people choose to make no changes and get on these drugs forever, they will still have succeeded at becoming metabolically healthier.

Your assessment is correct. I’ve come to this conclusion primarily as a result of the fact that lifestyle and behavior change have broadly failed at a population level prior to GLP-1 RAs. It’s certainly possible at an individual level but still unlikely.

I speculate that with some success at changing body composition using drugs, folks may then find lifestyle and behavior change to be easier. Certainly, it’s something that should be attempted, however I wouldn’t make it a barrier to entry in the slightest, because even if people choose to make no changes and get on these drugs forever, they will still have succeeded at becoming metabolically healthier.

There is no doubt that lifestyle changes are challenging, and it's true that not everyone succeeds with diet and exercise alone. However, starting with medication as the first and primary solution bypasses the opportunity for many individuals to discover whether they can manage their weight through behavior changes, especially when those changes are supported by proper education and support.

Also, relying on medication as a default solution without emphasizing behavior change from the start, can lead people to ignore the root causes of their weight gain. Medication alone, without long term habit changes, will not address other lifestyle related health issues, such as cardiovascular diseases, mental health issues, and overall lower quality of life, regardless of weight loss or the metabolic improvements you mentioned.

Medication is a powerful tool, but lifestyle changes should be prioritized or at the very least, pursued alongside medication. This creates a path to better long term health outcomes.

True, agree.

I think some people are just butthurt that in the not too distant future, obesity will not exist anymore. And some like to feel special by achieving great body fat etc.

If your whole life is about making other people feel jealous and suddenly everyone can be skinny, it must hurt lol.

People don't realize that it will be normal to be on all kinds of life altering medications someday.

Why waste so much energy staying lean when you can achieve the same with better health metrics by taking glp1 receptor agonists and the like. And guess what, you can use this energy to focus on better things in life like financial success, family, social life with friends, enjoying life...
Someone finally said it. It's mostly butt hurt. Not having enough obese people to feel better than, and worse yet, ex morbidly obese people that didn't spend 35hrs at the gym every week eating nothing but plain rice and chicken breasts before losing 200lbs

To me “I’m just looking to inject shit” summarizes perfectly the mentality that is responsible for not only weight gain but also for the abysmal public health outcomes throughout western society currently

It says to me “I am unwilling to put in any effort but I want positive outcomes”. That a person of this mindset finds themselves obese is hardly a surprise. Unfortunately my own millennial generation is well noted for this type of thing. Anything involving hard work is out of the question.

These are the folks I was alluding to farther up the thread that seem to be fundamentally incapable of making the types of changes required. Left unchecked they will continue to commit what is essentially a slow form of suicide by eating themselves to death.

So yeah, I am 100% on board with the notion that for some people these meds need to be perpetually administered. Treat obesity as a chronic disease and keep them on drugs for life. This would be to substantial public health benefit.
Sorry, I thought it was a joke when the reply to sound advice he gave her was, “Thanks, but I’m looking to inject some shit.” Went on a side convo discussing phentermine and the appetite suppression it provides, with a little joke about methamphetamine that looks to be in bad taste. However, phentermine is a pharmaceutical amphetamine prescribed to those who cannot lose fat easily just by themselves. They are monitored by a doctor at a clinic and it has shown successful. I am not too sure about anyone else’s age, I myself, 35, should’ve been a little more mature and ignored this thread. But hard to do when when I see that type of reply to someone who took time to give insightful advice.

Back