HGH and diabetes

y777

Hi folks

Not sure if it’s been HGH or tren but my insulin resistance is just thru the roof. It was fine when I also had metformin but post metformin quit I need 50% more slin to clear my sugars

Eg
Pre meal 100 sugars. Pin 10 IUs of Humalog w 100 g carbs and two hours later I’m 145-180 whereas with metformin I’d be 110 maybe. So now I need to pin extra 7 units.

I think it HGH that blocks insulin from doing its job right ?

Anyway. Got my endo to rx me ozempic. Does it help in this regard or it only helps cuz u Lear less
Carbs and essentially on a bulk I’m stuck w this ?

Thanks

Sema is 0.25 for a month then 0.5 weekly.

What dose GH are you taking and what time of day? Yes, GH is known to raise blood sugar and cause insulin resistance in a dose-dependent manner. If I was you I would lower or eliminate GH unless I could find a balance between using it and having good blood glucose control. You're probably aware, but having chronically high blood glucose will cause absolutely nightmarish health issues, many are not reversible. Totally not worth it.

How much metformin were you taking before? Why did you stop the metformin?

What dose GH are you taking and what time of day? Yes, GH is known to raise blood sugar and cause insulin resistance in a dose-dependent manner. If I was you I would lower or eliminate GH unless I could find a balance between using it and having good blood glucose control. You're probably aware, but having chronically high blood glucose will cause absolutely nightmarish health issues, many are not reversible. Totally not worth it.

How much metformin were you taking before? Why did you stop the metformin?
^^ so much this

Gh does cause insulin resistance. Metformin is reccomended to help counter it, if you're unable to do it with diet and cardio. GLP1s such as sema can also help towards lowering blood sugar and insulin resistance.

Bulking with T2D & a high carb diet seems like a recipe for disaster (regardless of other anti-hyperglycemic medications). Please consider trying to resolve the blood glucose issues prior to bulking.

Meds, cardio, low carb diet, et cetera. When fasting and postprandial glucose is sorted, then maybe consider a modest bulk (but keep monitoring blood glucose because you may be predisposed to T2D).

Hi folks

Not sure if it’s been HGH or tren but my insulin resistance is just thru the roof. It was fine when I also had metformin but post metformin quit I need 50% more slin to clear my sugars

Eg
Pre meal 100 sugars. Pin 10 IUs of Humalog w 100 g carbs and two hours later I’m 145-180 whereas with metformin I’d be 110 maybe. So now I need to pin extra 7 units.

I think it HGH that blocks insulin from doing its job right ?

Anyway. Got my endo to rx me ozempic. Does it help in this regard or it only helps cuz u Lear less

Thanks

Sema is 0.25 for a month then 0.5 weekly.
The Ozempic will 100% help. My A1C was in the pre-diabetic range, and I was prescribed it. Then my doc told me there was a global Ozempic shortage and switched me to Wegovy.

I wasn’t completely honest and didn’t tell the doc I wasn’t administering the Wegovy. It’s honestly just way too much. I can’t even eat enough on the Ozempic so stopped injecting that as well.

What I do take and I tolerate very well is Metformin. It has never given me any digestive issues and sometimes I even take it on an empty stomach. I requested the highest Metformin dose the doc would prescribe me which has went up over time. I am at 2000mg a day. 1000mg AM, 1000mg PM.

My last fasting blood sugar level upon waking up was 78 mg/dl (this morning). I just started taking HGH 2 weeks ago. 4IU a day, 2AM/2PM.

My A1C is normal range. I’m just sticking with metformin. The Ozempic and Wegovy screwed up my appetite too much to use long-term.

The Ozempic will 100% help. My A1C was in the pre-diabetic range, and I was prescribed it. Then my doc told me there was a global Ozempic shortage and switched me to Wegovy.

I wasn’t completely honest and didn’t tell the doc I wasn’t administering the Wegovy. It’s honestly just way too much. I can’t even eat enough on the Ozempic so stopped injecting that as well.

What I do take and I tolerate very well is Metformin. It has never given me any digestive issues and sometimes I even take it on an empty stomach. I requested the highest Metformin dose the doc would prescribe me which has went up over time. I am at 2000mg a day. 1000mg AM, 1000mg PM.

My last fasting blood sugar level upon waking up was 78 mg/dl (this morning). I just started taking HGH 2 weeks ago. 4IU a day, 2AM/2PM.

My A1C is normal range. I’m just sticking with metformin. The Ozempic and Wegovy screwed up my appetite too much to use long-term.
You couldn't eat even on the starter dose of ozempic/wegovy or did you start titrating up and it got worse?
One option is to use an insulin syringe and pull the medicine out with the syringe and then you can dose however much you want. Just stick the slin pin in the membrane where you usually attach a needle and draw up what you want. You could even start at super low doses and titrate up.

I know the wegovy pens don't let you pick a dose and once your ozempic dose gets high enough I don't think you can pick lower doses by counting clicks anymore. Personally I'm on sema and I have no issues with eating. The appetite suppression is there on my diet but when I'm on a maintenance week and I need to eat 4k calories i can

You couldn't eat even on the starter dose of ozempic/wegovy or did you start titrating up and it got worse?
One option is to use an insulin syringe and pull the medicine out with the syringe and then you can dose however much you want. Just stick the slin pin in the membrane where you usually attach a needle and draw up what you want. You could even start at super low doses and titrate up.

I know the wegovy pens don't let you pick a dose and once your ozempic dose gets high enough I don't think you can pick lower doses by counting clicks anymore. Personally I'm on sema and I have no issues with eating. The appetite suppression is there on my diet but when I'm on a maintenance week and I need to eat 4k calories i can
I believe the introductory doses weren’t as bad, but I still felt the effects. And the doc kept moving me along so my appetite kept decreasing. There were times I would eat and run to the toilet to throw it up. I just stopped injecting it all together.

The needles are pre-attached to the auto-injectors. So you do not have to attach anything to any membrane. You push the pen against your body and it automatically administers the medication.

The dose on the Ozempic pens can be modified by changing the amount of clicks. At least that was how it was when I was still using them. I’ve been using the Wegovy pens by filling my own vials now.

What I do is buy 2ml sterile vials and I inject the pens into a vial. Then I use a TB syringe to measure my weekly injection. I’ll probably be doing this until June.

I only plan on using the metformin regularly.

Edit: I absolutely could not eat 4K calories on Ozempic or Wegovy a day. I would vomit 100%. I might be sensitive to the stuff.

Last edited:
I believe the introductory doses weren’t as bad, but I still felt the effects. And the doc kept moving me along so my appetite kept decreasing. There were times I would eat and run to the toilet to throw it up. I just stopped injecting it all together.

The needles are pre-attached to the auto-injectors. So you do not have to attach anything to any membrane. You push the pen against your body and it automatically administers the medication.

The dose on the Ozempic pens can be modified by changing the amount of clicks. At least that was how it was when I was still using them. I’ve been using the Wegovy pens by filling my own vials now.

What I do is buy 2ml sterile vials and I inject the pens into a vial. Then I use a TB syringe to measure my weekly injection. I’ll probably be doing this until June.

I only plan on using the metformin regularly.
Sounds like you found a way to make it work for you. I don't have any experience with wegovy just ozempic but the ozempic pens you screw a pen needle onto the end of the pen. There's a membrane at the end of the pen and the inside of the pen needle pierces the membrane and then you inject yourself with the other end. So instead of screwing the needle on you just stick an insulin syringe where the needle screws into. Might save you the hassle of sterile vials.

That stuff is definitely good shit for diabetes, took my wife's hard to control blood sugars back into non diabetic range after 10 years of struggles with a1c

Hey guys. Just wanna chime in. Endo prescribed me ozempic. To start w 0.25 for a month then 0.5

My only prior experience w GLP-1s were oral sema for a month last year but stopped it cuz I don’t wanna have to wait 30min before eating or taking meds in the morning. I do my lifts I. The AM and take bunch of rx pills.

I also did a six month run of Chinese tirz - primarily for weight loss. Once that was done I just started a recomp /bulk B&c protocol since.

I was on metformin for some time as well but didn’t like gastro sides plus once I started doing HGH I learned about metformin inhibiting IGf-1 production so I ditched it. Well for T2D that was a disaster. BG would hardly budge after meals despite pre-bolusing humalog at my usual 1/10 carb ratio.

Anyway. Took the first ozempic dose yest Wow it’s powerful. Not sure if it’s just because it’s pharma grade vs my Chinese 10mg tirz dosage experience

This morning I’m struggling. Just had about 80g of carbs (about half of what I take per and intra on current cycle (200 test p/ 525 each tren , mast p, primo —- primo I keep in the cycle cuz not only do I use it as an AI but it makes it convenient to not have to on ramp it roe cruise once tren is done. ).

Any tips for carb intake ? Hopefully this subsides. I should be fine starting myself during the day post lift cuz figured tren keeps the muscles safe from catabolism but I do want carbs for the pre and post workout meals. Just for the power. Need to find low volume high calorie carbs. This morning just had extra Gatorade powder so maybe 10 oz liquid w 200 calories. Plus half a bagel. ‍♂️
Rice? Forget it. Could barely finish 60g w dinner last nite. Normally I eat 150-200g of Jasmin rice.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys. Just wanna chime in. Endo prescribed me ozempic. To start w 0.25 for a month then 0.5

My only prior experience w GLP-1s were oral sema for a month last year but stopped it cuz I don’t wanna have to wait 30min before eating or taking meds in the morning. I do my lifts I. The AM and take bunch of rx pills.

I also did a six month run of Chinese tirz - primarily for weight loss. Once that was done I just started a recomp /bulk B&c protocol since.

I was on metformin for some time as well but didn’t like gastro sides plus once I started doing HGH I learned about metformin inhibiting IGf-1 production so I ditched it. Well for T2D that was a disaster. BG would hardly budge after meals despite pre-bolusing humalog at my usual 1/10 carb ratio.

Anyway. Took the first ozempic dose yest Wow it’s powerful. Not sure if it’s just because it’s pharma grade vs my Chinese 10mg tirz dosage experience

This morning I’m struggling. Just had about 80g of carbs (about half of what I take per and intra on current cycle (200 test p/ 525 each tren , mast p, primo —- primo I keep in the cycle cuz not only do I use it as an AI but it makes it convenient to not have to on ramp it roe cruise once tren is done. ).

Any tips for carb intake ? Hopefully this subsides. I should be fine starting myself during the day post lift cuz figured tren keeps the muscles safe from catabolism but I do want carbs for the pre and post workout meals. Just for the power. Need to find low volume high calorie carbs. This morning just had extra Gatorade powder so maybe 10 oz liquid w 200 calories. Plus half a bagel. ‍♂️
Rice? Forget it. Could barely finish 60g w dinner last nite. Normally I eat 150-200g of Jasmin rice.

Thanks guys.

There are a lot of moving parts there brother. Are you prioritizing fat loss or muscle gain or trying to have it all?

If it's fat loss (with GLP1s on board), do you do better with lowering carb intake?

Unless you’ve got some reeeaallly long stretches between meals this doesn’t seem like it’s helping your situation. *

I’d suggest pre bed dosing and skip the morning. Just do all 4.

* I don’t have a lot of knowledge on diabetes, but I do know pinning growth around meals is a bad idea and can cause issues similar to yours.

Unless you’ve got some reeeaallly long stretches between meals this doesn’t seem like it’s helping your situation. *

I’d suggest pre bed dosing and skip the morning. Just do all 4.

* I don’t have a lot of knowledge on diabetes, but I do know pinning growth around meals is a bad idea and can cause issues similar to yours.
Thank you for the input. I actually don’t eat when I wake up. I just drink black coffee.

When I’ve been taking my growth at night I’ve tried to wait 2 hours after my last meal. My schedule in the evenings gets out of wack with kids, their activities, and getting them ready for bed. And I am not currently eating what my family is eating so I end up eating later and/or different times. I don’t take it before eating, I probably should have waited longer after eating sometimes I think.

From what I gather from your post, I should take all 4IU in the morning when I wake up then. I remain fasted for hours then.

Metformin has my A1C in the normal range so I am no longer pre-diabetes(it’s in my family history). I would like to run 6IU a day and stop there. So I am open changing the way I am administering so I can continue without complications.

Thank you for the input. I actually don’t eat when I wake up. I just drink black coffee.

When I’ve been taking my growth at night I’ve tried to wait 2 hours after my last meal. My schedule in the evenings gets out of wack with kids, their activities, and getting them ready for bed. And I am not currently eating what my family is eating so I end up eating later and/or different times. I don’t take it before eating, I probably should have waited longer after eating sometimes I think.

From what I gather from your post, I should take all 4IU in the morning when I wake up then. I remain fasted for hours then.

Metformin has my A1C in the normal range so I am no longer pre-diabetes(it’s in my family history). I would like to run 6IU a day and stop there. So I am open changing the way I am administering so I can continue without complications.

Dividing doses is helpful if your pushing higher doses and getting side effects. Otherwise, there is little evidence that dividing doses is vastly superior or anything like that. Getting the GH in [whenever] is the important part.

Dividing doses is helpful if you’re pushing higher doses and getting side effects. Otherwise, there is little evidence that dividing doses is vastly superior or anything like that. Getting the GH in [whenever] is the important part.
I’m going to start taking it when I wake up then. I think this is better for me in the long term. I remain fasted many hours.

I have my largest and most frequent meals in the evenings even leading up to bed time.

Thanks.

Thanks guys.
Some argue that metformin actually slightly increases Igf1. There is evidence that it inhibits hypertrophy some though. If I was you I would prioritize keeping my blood sugars in range and if metformin was doing a good job at that, it sure seems wirth the minor side effects. Have you been taking morning fasted blood glucose readings and post meal glucose readings since changing your protocol?

And how many hours is that post injection?
7am-12pm, so roughly 5. I have never really been a breakfast person. I workout fasted in the mid-morning then I eat. I eat a lot in the afternoon/evenings.

I had one day last week where I did feel unusually lethargic in the morning post injection and actually took an unscheduled rest day. I brushed it off because it was a one time thing, I haven’t experienced it again. This is my only concern with upping the dose in the morning.

7am-12pm, so roughly 5. I have never really been a breakfast person. I workout fasted in the mid-morning then I eat. I eat a lot in the afternoon/evenings.

I had one day last week where I did feel unusually lethargic in the morning post injection and actually took an unscheduled rest day. I brushed it off because it was a one time thing, I haven’t experienced it again. This is my only concern with upping the dose in the morning.

Try your bolus all at night post dinner. I’d bet money you’ll see better BG numbers the next day.

If you are a type 2 diabetic you SHOULD not take HGH imo. An easy way to think of T2D is that half of the beta cells that produce insulin no longer work and are essentially dead and will never produce insulin again. The mechanism behind HGH raising insulin resistance, makes you need more insulin for the same amount of carbs/sugars. This will make your T2D not only worse while on it, but will further damage your beta cells and will make your T2D worse even off GH.

If you want to continue with GH you NEED to take your metformin. Your BG is way more important then cranking your IGF levels.

Last edited:
I've avoided metformin bc of the potential hypertrophy issue mentioned by UncleBuns, but SGLT2 inhibitors (drugs ending in "flozin") don't seem to cause that problem. They're borderline miracle drugs. Just another option to consider.