HGH Every Day vs 5/2

Pinning HGH 5/2 is just as effective as 7 days per week?

• Total voters

OldGHGuy

This topic has been discussed here and there but has not had a post/poll dedicated to it. I have changed my position recently as I do seem to get more positive results from pinning every day vs 5/2, even when weekly totals are considered and equal.

I do it daily. As far as I’ve seen online, the only positive of the 5/2 split is money savings.
I have seen some get less sides from the every other day dosing with the same amount as would be daily.

What is the reasoning and supposed benefit of the 5/2 method?

the only benefits i know of would be it saves you some GH and alleviates some side effects like carpal tunne, water retention and insulin resistance that some might get, but what about those 2 days you are off, wouldnt that have a negative impact compared to having pinned those 2 days?

Considering you have 2 days off and the igf1 serum levels dont change much acutely after juts 2 days, i guess you can say you still get all the benefits of the elevated igf1 while saving GH and potentially less side effects that way, but i dont know.

But, if you are using it mainly to enhance lipolysis/fatloss i think it would make more sense to do it everyday in that scenario, you are kinda wasting potential fat loss by not taking it those 2 days, unless you combine it with a 2 day refeed or somehting like that.

i honestly believe that taking two days off "probably" won't make a difference.....much, as far as a slight dip in levels but most likely unrecognizable unless you run a blood test in those two days which is ridiculous imo it would seem to be more cost effective saving your $1-2 in ius you didnt take lol

And if your running hgh " you should not worry about taking two days off" to save money, run it as you can afford it its pretty cheap these days for good hgh, so?

And if your running hgh " you should not worry about taking two days off" to save money, run it as you can afford it its pretty cheap these days for good hgh, so?
I think the discussion is actually about the same weekly dosage done either daily or say MWF. So if you were doing 6iu/day you'd do 14iu MWF instead.

I prefer EoD. My fasting BG stays lower and my hands hurt less.

There is some evidence (although on children) that there is some desensitization that occurs from daily use. Since the evidence on adults shows the same results from EoD vs daily, I choose EoD. I use a low dose though (5IU EoD), so I'm sure if i was pushing the dose I would use a higher frequency.

I prefer EoD. My fasting BG stays lower and my hands hurt less.

There is some evidence (although on children) that there is some desensitization that occurs from daily use. Since the evidence on adults shows the same results from EoD vs daily, I choose EoD. I use a low dose though (5IU EoD), so I'm sure if i was pushing the dose I would use a higher frequency.
Thanks for your input! Can you share the study that shows "evidence on adults shows the same results from EoD vs daily"?

Excellent input. Thank you. The study does say "alternate days" which is slightly different than only M-W-F but simply stated they just doubled the dose and alternated days over the course of 12 months vs the daily group. This approach would be selection 3 in the survey above since the same amount is taken every week just at different intervals. I thing this approach will fall apart though if one dose were given once per week, for example. But I dont know anyone that has ever tried that...

Total dose may also play a role here. Those running an average of 2-4 iu per day may have different freq requirments than those running 10+

This is exactly the intent of the original post - to spur conversation/input on frequency.

Last edited:
My approach is quite game theory based.

Lots of people says it should be everyday.
Some say it should be 5:2.
Others say its EOD.

You can go to different boards and be called stupid for the exact thing and on others praised.

At this point we have no idea to make exact conclusions. Studies are subpar (at least the one with adults, only 20 sample)

So 5 days on 2 days off seems like somewhere in between the 2 polar, so that's what I pick until I see info when I can tweak my strategy towards 1 of the polars.

My approach is quite game theory based.

Lots of people says it should be everyday.
Some say it should be 5:2.
Others say its EOD.

You can go to different boards and be called stupid for the exact thing and on others praised.

At this point we have no idea to make exact conclusions. Studies are subpar (at least the one with adults, only 20 sample)

So 5 days on 2 days off seems like somewhere in between the 2 polar, so that's what I pick until I see info when I can tweak my strategy towards 1 of the polars.

I’m so tempted to switch to eod out of pure lazy and cheapness. 1 not having to pin ed and 2 saving have the $ on pins, not to mention scar tissue.

However in imo what ever u can do everyday is the best, more steady and why not ? I don’t care if it’s test e or gh. Hell even protein and amino acids , the slower steady the trickle the better.

Sponsors

Latest posts