HGH increasing my nocturnal heart rate

Hey guys,

I've been taking 200 mg of Test P and 100 mg of Masteron for about 7 weeks. All the vitals were even better than when I was natural. My RHR (during sleep) was in the 60s range and my HRV would be above 100 ms most of the time.

I introduced HGH at 2 iu before bed a couple of weeks ago and my heart rate ramped up to about 75-77 bpm during sleep and my HRV can barely make it above 70 ms at some times. Even my daily average heart rate went up over 10 bpm. This impacts my recovery very much since it almost feels like not sleeping on that heart rate. Tried taking it post workout but nothing changed.

Everything else is good - I have insane pumps from the moment I wake up in the morning, my joints feel better, my skin looks better too but I just don't want to tolerate that high RHR.

Did anyone else had this happen to them with their GH? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

I've been taking 200 mg of Test P and 100 mg of Masteron for about 7 weeks. All the vitals were even better than when I was natural. My RHR (during sleep) was in the 60s range and my HRV would be above 100 ms most of the time.

I introduced HGH at 2 iu before bed a couple of weeks ago and my heart rate ramped up to about 75-77 bpm during sleep and my HRV can barely make it above 70 ms at some times. Even my daily average heart rate went up over 10 bpm. This impacts my recovery very much since it almost feels like not sleeping on that heart rate. Tried taking it post workout but nothing changed.

Everything else is good - I have insane pumps from the moment I wake up in the morning, my joints feel better, my skin looks better too but I just don't want to tolerate that high RHR.

Did anyone else had this happen to them with their GH? Any info is greatly appreciated.
electrolite balance might be a cause, are you retaining any extra water?

Hey guys,

GH has major effects on the HPA axis, some tolerate it better then others. There is nothing weird about your situation; if gh doesn't suit you, stop using it. Besides in a general sense, being activating towards the HPA axis, GH also elevates your free thyroid hormones, namely your free T3 goes up and that directly corelates with an elevation in RHR.

GH also isn't a deep sleep promoter. It mainly promotes NREM2 and REM along with increasements in sleep fragmentation. However, at rhGH treatment initiation, usually the initial lethargy from rhGH use improves sleep quality.

Also, you could have a slight allergic reaction to the peptide. Although the later issues are more probably the culprit.

100ms is a high HRV. With what device are you measuring it and how old are you? RHR in 60's during sleep is high though. Are you fat, out of shape? Give us your stats.

20240525_071724.jpg

Thanks for reaching out guys.
I am retaining a fine amount of water but it sits well on me since it's always been hard for me to have good muscle pumps.

I'm using whoop tracker to track my vitals.
I'm 29 yo. 178m and 94 kg at the moment.

View attachment 284634

Thanks for reaching out guys.
I am retaining a fine amount of water but it sits well on me since it's always been hard for me to have good muscle pumps.

I'm using whoop tracker to track my vitals.
I'm 29 yo. 178m and 94 kg at the moment.
try to inject in the AM.
i also have issues if i inject too close to bedtime. Sleep is fragmented (awaken every 60minute) and HR is elevated by around 4-5 points.
Now i inject latest at 17:30 which helps

I finish my workout at 11 am and I inject after that. Still not helping. I'm definitely quitting HGH, no question about that. I just wanted to know if anybody else had the same experience.

I finish my workout at 11 am and I inject after that. Still not helping. I'm definitely quitting HGH, no question about that. I just wanted to know if anybody else had the same experience.

Right move. GH can exasperate HPA axis issues which can leave you oversensitized to stress for a prolonged period of time.

Right move. GH can exasperate HPA axis issues which can leave you oversensitized to stress for a prolonged period of time.
My whoop tracker also measures my stress levels throughout the day and after startng my GH stress in high level zone has almost doubled in time.

Super interesting. Do you know where I can read more about this? I’m experiencing the same issue as op.

There is a lot to read, honestly. Hpa axis functioning, fear response, amygdala, also insulin resistance, ghrelin (and ghrelins action on the hpa), etc.

Amygdala is particularly responsive to GH:

However one should not discount the potential issues with insulin resistance and also altered ghrelin signaling and the stress these factor contribute. GH has been found to be orexogenic, specifically, some time after it's bolus has been cleared from the system. This is regulated via agr/npy and I'm guessing increased rebound ghrelin levels, which can be anxiogenic, especially if you already have some form of hpa axis dysfunction.

GH also somewhat affects CRH and ACTH secretion and the sensitivity of their receptors. It can go both ways. Cortisol is also impacted ofc, namely cortisol binding globulin lowers ... However let's not forget gh can decrease overall cortisol, especially in acth deficiency. For me personally, once the initial gabaergic/sedation effect wears off gh feels purely stimulatory.

There are changes in neurotransmitter levels too but those should most notably be notice via an increase in gaba, ie. calming, however some changes are age dependant and an increase in glutamate was observed in animal studies, where a decrease in gh was actually protective.

Ofc other parts of the CNS, besides the brain, also have GHR"s expressed. And let's not forget the the effects of gh on thyroid hormones which is also stimulating.

My opinion is that rhGH administration has an all in all dysregulatory effect on the hpa axis and the ones who are predisposed to stress might be effected in a more negative way then others who aren't, ie. the state of your hpa axis would determine how you react to exogenous gh administration.

The dose and time of exposure also maters as do your metabolic markers.

Here is a good overview of gh's effects on the cns:

There is a lot to read, honestly. Hpa axis functioning, fear response, amygdala, also insulin resistance, ghrelin (and ghrelins action on the hpa), etc.

However one should not discount the potential issues with insulin resistance and also altered ghrelin signaling and the stress these factor contribute. GH has been found to be orexogenic, specifically, some time after it's bolus has been cleared from the system. This is regulated via agr/npy and I'm guessing increased rebound ghrelin levels, which can be anxiogenic, especially if you already have some form of hpa axis dysfunction.

GH also somewhat affects CRH and ACTH secretion and the sensitivity of their receptors. It can go both ways. Cortisol is also impacted ofc, namely cortisol binding globulin lowers ... However let's not forget gh can decrease overall cortisol, especially in acth deficiency. For me personally, once the initial gabaergic/sedation effect wears off gh feels purely stimulatory.

There are changes in neurotransmitter levels too but those should most notably be notice via an increase in gaba, ie. calming, however some changes are age dependant and an increase in glutamate was observed in animal studies, where a decrease in gh was actually protective.

Ofc other parts of the CNS, besides the brain, also have GHR"s expressed. And let's not forget the the effects of gh on thyroid hormones which is also stimulating.

My opinion is that rhGH administration has an all in all dysregulatory effect on the hpa axis and the ones who are predisposed to stress might be effected in a more negative way then others who aren't, ie. the state of your hpa axis would determine how you react to exogenous gh administration.

Thank you for this amazing answer. I will read heavily now.

I was on a similar cycle but cutting and also taking tirzepatide and caffeine/ephedrine before workout. Taking 8iu HGH at bedtime. I noticed over the course of a month that my rhr went from 70 to 90. Rhr was 60 before starting anything. 90bpm is just too freaking high for me so I stopped everything and am just at a trt dose of test now until heart rate comes back down. It's been 5 days and I've gone from 90bpm rhr to 84 so it is making it's way back down.

That was one of the best reads of my life. Thank you so much for this!

Thank you for this amazing answer. I will read heavily now.

It's a discombobulated answer. As of yet, I can't really pinpoint why and how so I just named a couple of contributing mechanisms of action. There is more to it then that though ...

Have you ever tried any GHRP's and found them to be anxiogenic?

I was on a similar cycle but cutting and also taking tirzepatide and caffeine/ephedrine before workout. Taking 8iu HGH at bedtime. I noticed over the course of a month that my rhr went from 70 to 90. Rhr was 60 before starting anything. 90bpm is just too freaking high for me so I stopped everything and am just at a trt dose of test now until heart rate comes back down. It's been 5 days and I've gone from 90bpm rhr to 84 so it is making it's way back down.

I'm guessing such a high increase is mostly due to an increase of thyroid hormones function. Most of that should wear off sooner then later. The resulting lingering over sensitisation to stress might take a while longer ... Was your bg impacted much?

Have you ever tried any GHRP's and found them to be anxiogenic?
The opposite in fact. I felt like ipamorelin and mod grf had a calming effect on me. They did push my RHR up slightly, and my HRV down, but not as drastically as HGH has. My blood sugar hasn’t been impacted much at all, but I’m real conscientious of what I’m eating and when I’m eating. My HRV is slowly going back up and my RHR back down, so I wonder if you’re right and it’s thyroid and will even out. I’ve only been on this cycle for 2ish months, so maybe I’m still adjusting?

The opposite in fact. I felt like ipamorelin and mod grf had a calming effect on me. They did push my RHR up slightly, and my HRV down, but not as drastically as HGH has. My blood sugar hasn’t been impacted much at all, but I’m real conscientious of what I’m eating and when I’m eating. My HRV is slowly going back up and my RHR back down, so I wonder if you’re right and it’s thyroid and will even out. I’ve only been on this cycle for 2ish months, so maybe I’m still adjusting?

Ok. Ipamorelin is the least problematic ghrp but can still cause issues for some which are more predisposed and mod grf is not an ghrp but alas still modulates the hpa axis. Mk677 is the most problematic ghrp. It's ptsd in a pill.

Idk, depends on the dose. Your system does adjust to an extent, ie. beta and alpha receptor sensitivity ... As anybody who used T3 for a cut can atest, that it became less stimulating with prolonged use

Either way i would do more cardio, are you retaining water in ur ankles? I do notice aas raising heart rate probably from water retention.

Back