hGH + Metformin: A Good Thing (Metformin does not lower, but rather increases IGF-1)

Has anyone here personally ever gone hypo from metformin? Should precautions be made for that when using metformin?

Has anyone here personally ever gone hypo from metformin? Should precautions be made for that when using metformin?
I must be close to 3 month of use and never had once a problem even while taking it and not eating almost any carbs.

I must be close to 3 month of use and never had once a problem even while taking it and not eating almost any carbs.

Do you take it daily? I remember you said something about using on heavy carb loads and cheat meals but like one a week or so?

Once my metformin arrives I'm going to start at 500mg with last meal before bed and slowly increase till I'm at 1500mg/ed. With my luck I'll be the 1/100000 person who develops lactic acidosis :rolleyes:

Once my metformin arrives I'm going to start at 500mg with last meal before bed and slowly increase till I'm at 1500mg/ed. With my luck I'll be the 1/100000 person who develops lactic acidosis :rolleyes:
Why that much before bed?

The average dose is 500mg 3x a day is it not?

I would say 500-800mg is normal dose, 1 gram would be slightly high, and 1.5 grams would be pretty high

I know a very very competitive bodybuilder and power lifter and 1.5 grams was the highest he’s ever ran it. 1 gram made him go hypo.

I guess I'll start at 250mgs with last meal of the day and go from there.

I think 500 is a reasonable starting dose, and monitor BG and go from there. As an example, 2 grams is the maximum daily dose for a type 2 diabetic, with most diabetics being around 1000mg. So 1500mg starting dose for a non diabetic is very high. I was going to start at 500mg once a day and probably wasn’t going to move up from there. Just monitor BG and make that decision for yourself based off a collection of BG readings over a period of time.

An important consideration is what you’re taking it for. Is your fasted BG currently super high? Like over 100/danger close to diabetes?

If not, absolutely start low and find what works. 500-800mg will probably work just fine for most people. No need to overdo it.

An important consideration is what you’re taking it for. Is your fasted BG currently super high? Like over 100/danger close to diabetes?

If not, absolutely start low and find what works. 500-800mg will probably work just fine for most people. No need to overdo it.

Fasting bg is usually around 5.6 and I'm looking to get it under 5.

Anything under 1000mg per day isn’t going to do much. Start off with 500mg once a day and see how you tolerate it, then go up from there. Most guys I know are using 1500-2000mg per day. Metformin will not make you go hypo. If you use slin with it, then of course you can go hypo. Main reason for starting low is because it can cause gas, and/or diarrhea when first starting if you start too high.

So over 100. Yeah you can probably work up to 1000-1500 until it improves.

I'd like to get it down to around 4.5/81

Wondering if long acting insulin would be a better option, say 10-15 units/day? I've never had fasting bg levels this high before I used mk677.

I use 1500-1700 each day.
usually two doses of 850mg or one of 1000mg and one of 500mg, then it depends sometime I just use once 1000mg. Depends if I don't have any carb in the dinner meal then I don't take any.

On average i'm on 1500mg

the max dosage recommended is 2500mg for the Immediate release tablets, it's 2000mg for the extended release of some brand and 2500 for some other.,

Do you take it daily? I remember you said something about using on heavy carb loads and cheat meals but like one a week or so?
yeah I take it daily, on heavy carb load or cheat meals I up the dosage to 1000mg.
i usually take 850mg or 500mg tablets.

Back