HGH sleep issues

400degrees

About a month in on ugl GH, 4iu every night before bed, 2hrs after dinner. First couple weeks it knocked me out all night. Past couple weeks I've been wide awake at 3am every night. Almost feels like a cortisol spike. Wondering if I should ride it out, switch to am, or if anyone has had the same experience or knows the possible science behind this regarding the gh interactions with prolactin, progesterone or adrenals.

I hopped back on GH after many years, at 3IU injected ~1.5 hours prior to bedtime. I have been tracking my sleep for a year, so I can tell what changed.

- Sleep duration went down by 1 to 2 hours per night
- More deep sleep, and it is more continuous in the first ~3 hours of sleep, when the GH serum levels are the highest
- REM sleep took a big hit, roughly a 40% reduction since starting to take GH
- I almost always wake up after 3-5 hours of sleep and have trouble falling asleep again
- My resting heart rate during sleep increased by 20%, and my heart beats feel somewhat more forceful, particularly when I wake up during the night
- No daytime sleepiness. On the contrary, I feel wired most of the day
- OSA got worse, since my AutoPAP cranks up the pressure higher than it used to

Funny enough, in my 20s I could inject 10IU prior to bed and had no issues. My suspicion is that my thyroid hormones are in overdrive. Would also explain the insane fat loss I have had since starting the GH again (~ 2 weeks ago). I was lean to begin with, so I can see small changes in body fat and fullness.

In any case, I will continue to take the GH for a couple more weeks, but if my sleep does not improve, I will have to lower the dose or just drop it :(

HGH kills my sleep too. My sleep data from my whoop has massively improved since I quit HGH.

Back