High RDW

ZXR-Photo

What is the best way to lower my RDW Wile on test cyp. This is the only thing on my CBC Lab work

Attachments

• IMG_5179.jpeg
    IMG_5179.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 11
It would likely be diet related in order to reduce it. A diet that is rich in iron, vitamin B12, and folate would be helpful. Though your MCHC is in line so maybe you get enough iron as-is. Reducing caffeine as well could help.

I assume you were fasted for this test?

It would likely be diet related in order to reduce it. A diet that is rich in iron, vitamin B12, and folate would be helpful. Though your MCHC is in line so maybe you get enough iron as-is. Reducing caffeine as well could help.

Yes i was fasted for this test

IMG_5180.jpegIMG_5181.jpeg

This was my b12 and folate my previous b12 lab before this i was low and was put in b12 injections should i up the dose on b12 and try to get more folate think that would help any my iorn was normal that test wont load for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_5181.jpeg
    IMG_5181.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
View attachment 293048View attachment 293049

This was my b12 and folate my previous b12 lab before this i was low and was put in b12 injections should i up the dose on b12 and try to get more folate think that would help any my iorn was normal that test wont load for some reason
I would definitely consult with your doctor but bringing that folate level up maybe the missing piece outside of the normal stuff (getting enough sleep not smoking, etc). Out of curiosity, did you actually notice a difference with the B12 injections?

Yes i do notice a big difference with b12 injection especially when i was prescribed 1000mcg a week and i noticed a difference in alot of aspects but i got it lowered to 1000mcg a month because i did not think i needed that much of it after a year or so. My fiancée even said last night she noticed a big difference in my energy level and mood when i was getting it weekly.

But after your comment i looked at my older lab work and compared then to now and when i was on 1000mcg a week my RDW was normal i did not realize b12 could affect RDW. so i may see about 1000mcg weekly again maybe that will help. I got an appointment today so im asking the dr about weekly injections again.

When i was on it weekly i was splitting my dose up into 2 shots a week instead of once a week so i did not feel it ware off at the end of the week. And it did take a few weeks of weekly injections to feel the affect.

Last edited:
You could even consider biweekly injections. I believe some vendors here also offer injectable B12 obviously you would have to do the injection yourself but just a thought. Good luck!

You could even consider biweekly injections. I believe some vendors here also offer injectable B12 obviously you would have to do the injection yourself but just a thought. Good luck!
I do all my injections myself anyway my dr appt today is to get more lab slips my insurance covers my b12 prescription and if my insurance did not cover it i would probably get from a vendor on here but thank you for your advice maybe i can get my RDW down a bit