How many calories a day should I be aiming for?

Metribolone

I just keep losing weight more and more due to my shitty diet. I went from 135lbs to 120 and now I’m down to 118. Fuck me im going to fly away in the wind. I am going to begin meal prepping and making sure I get 3 meals a day, but I don’t know how many calories to aim for to reach 140lbs in let’s say 3-4 months.

For reference right now I’m only eating about 500 calories a day.

Peds May or may not be part of this, although trt may be introduced under doctor supervision.

My opinion is that if u can't eat more than 500 calories a day, you have no business using the sauce. It's just a waste at this point. Even leaning of them to retain muscle on a hard cut doesn't warrant 500cal/day. Get that shit in line brother!!!
Not juicing anytime soon. I can eat more than 500 calories a day but I have a tendency to skip meals or just eat when really hungry. Currently I am meal prepping for the week to get this back in line. Back to my question how many calories would be suitable daily for gains?

118 lbs.? 500 kcal? Nothing fancy needed for this problem. Here's your answer....eat more. Just start eating more and you will turn things around. I don't believe you are only eating 500/day; however, 118 lbs. is proof your diet sucks.

If you want specifics, go find a TDEE calculator. Enter your info and target the number it spits out for maintenance calories. Once you have this number, do it. Don't fuck around and eat whatever and whenever you want. You are meal prepping? That's good. Enter those meals in a food tracking app, then be sure they at least equal your maintenance TDEE. Then, eat that shit every day.

Are you training? I can't imagine you are with only 500kcal/day. If you are, you will feel a fuck ton better with more calories.

Also, I saw your post asking about low dose tren on top of 300 test. Get your diet and training sorted first. At 118 lbs. you can make a shit ton of progress with food alone. I know I am repeating what's already been said, but you need to hear it and understand. NO gear until you have your diet and training sorted. Especially not fucking Tren.

118 lbs.? 500 kcal? Nothing fancy needed for this problem. Here's your answer....eat more. Just start eating more and you will turn things around. I don't believe you are only eating 500/day; however, 118 lbs. is proof your diet sucks.

If you want specifics, go find a TDEE calculator. Enter your info and target the number it spits out for maintenance calories. Once you have this number, do it. Don't fuck around and eat whatever and whenever you want. You are meal prepping? That's good. Enter those meals in a food tracking app, then be sure they at least equal your maintenance TDEE. Then, eat that shit every day.

Are you training? I can't imagine you are with only 500kcal/day. If you are, you will feel a fuck ton better with more calories.

Also, I saw your post asking about low dose tren on top of 300 test. Get your diet and training sorted first. At 118 lbs. you can make a shit ton of progress with food alone. I know I am repeating what's already been said, but you need to hear it and understand. NO gear until you have your diet and training sorted. Especially not fucking Tren.
I have been out of the gym for about 2 months and that’s when my diet and training went to shit. Yes I am meal prepping and I found a calculator that stated I should be aiming for 3000 calories a day. I have begun the meal prep process, I actually just got back from the grocery store.

Oh and no, I am not running any peds right now and I don’t plan on it for a while until I have some consistency under my belt. My Tren and test question was more for research and conversation than anything.

Thanks for the reply.

I had to go train but I wanted to add one more point to my reply.

If you are seriously only eating 500 a day, that is malnourished. Your body is starving. Forget Pro, Fat, and CHO, you are lacking in essential vitamins and minerals. Metabolism, immune system, cognitive function, are all suffering.

If you struggle getting kcals in or hunger levels are low, eat low volume high calorie foods (not junk but in your case, junk would be alright occasionally). Eggs, avocados, peanut butter, 80/20 ground beef, pasta, rice. If you eat chicken, go for thighs instead of breast. Shakes are an easy way to get low volume kcals in. Add a Tbsp or two of olive oil or peanut butter to your shakes. Drink a couple a day.

Good luck brother, stick with it.

I had to go train but I wanted to add one more point to my reply.

If you are seriously only eating 500 a day, that is malnourished. Your body is starving. Forget Pro, Fat, and CHO, you are lacking in essential vitamins and minerals. Metabolism, immune system, cognitive function, are all suffering.

If you struggle getting kcals in or hunger levels are low, eat low volume high calorie foods (not junk but in your case, junk would be alright occasionally). Eggs, avocados, peanut butter, 80/20 ground beef, pasta, rice. If you eat chicken, go for thighs instead of breast. Shakes are an easy way to get low volume kcals in. Add a Tbsp or two of olive oil or peanut butter to your shakes. Drink a couple a day.

Good luck brother, stick with it.
Thanks again

Set a timer and eat as suggested.

Get off adderall, its a stimulant, stimulants suppress appetite and accelerate metabolism, a terrible combination if your trying to gain.

For foods? Eat anything and everything ffs. Your likely underweight which is rare (most ppl are overweight). Obviously try to limit total junk food but even then, fuck it just fucking eat bro,

Pre/post workout eat a huge handful of gummy bears. Iove that shit and their primary ingredient is glucose. Protein shakes. Peanut butter. Nuts. Avocados. Rice. Pasta. Whole fat milk. Animals of all types, if it breaths, eat it. Fruits, applesauce, yogurt.

Dont even focus on macros or anything until your at least 150lbs ffs. Okay actually aim for 150g protein a day minimum, beyond that though just eat everything.

Meal prep? If that helps you, but honestly just gorge yourself for a few months.

Set a timer and eat as suggested.

Get off adderall, its a stimulant, stimulants suppress appetite and accelerate metabolism, a terrible combination if your trying to gain.

For foods? Eat anything and everything ffs. Your likely underweight which is rare (most ppl are overweight). Obviously try to limit total junk food but even then, fuck it just fucking eat bro,

Pre/post workout eat a huge handful of gummy bears. Iove that shit and their primary ingredient is glucose. Protein shakes. Peanut butter. Nuts. Avocados. Rice. Pasta. Whole fat milk. Animals of all types, if it breaths, eat it. Fruits, applesauce, yogurt.

Dont even focus on macros or anything until your at least 150lbs ffs. Okay actually aim for 150g protein a day minimum, beyond that though just eat everything.

Meal prep? If that helps you, but honestly just gorge yourself for a few months.
Meal prepping helps me a lot with making sure I get 3 meals a day. And fuck me getting off adderall is hard, shit kills my appetite but it “helps” me in a lot of ways. I put help in quotations because I don’t really need the shit but damn is it hard to get off.

Yes I am underweight, even my doctor got concerned because I dropped so much weight.

Honestly reading your guys replies is making me reconsider if I should continue taking it, it’s making my fitness goals much harder.

Meal prepping helps me a lot with making sure I get 3 meals a day. And fuck me getting off adderall is hard, shit kills my appetite but it “helps” me in a lot of ways. I put help in quotations because I don’t really need the shit but damn is it hard to get off.

Yes I am underweight, even my doctor got concerned because I dropped so much weight.

Honestly reading your guys replies is making me reconsider if I should continue taking it, it’s making my fitness goals much harder.

Your definitely adding a steeper hill in your life if your trying to bulk while taking amphetamines.

But i dunno your situation, maybe you truly need the drugs to function. If at all possible though, drop that shit, and dirty bulk for a while, eat everything that comes infront of you, andfocus on the major compound lifts, at least until your back to mid range BMI for your stats. Then you can start getting more surgical with your approach but at this point you just need to add weight and likely strength since im sure your strength has tanked hard.

Short answer: more

More nuanced answer as follows…

Nobody know how many calories YOUR body needs because we have have a different basal metabolic rate (BMR). Look up a BMR calculator, plug in your height, weight, and age and it will give you a number. This should be what you need to MAINTAIN your weight. To gain, add another 200 calories a day and stick to that for at least a few weeks.

The composition of these calories should look something like:

-1g protein per lb of body weight per day
-1/2g fat per lb body weight per day
-the rest in carbs

So if your calorie requirements for a minor surplus are 1700 kcal/day, you should be eating roughly

120g protein
36g fat
224g carbs

Try to split those up evenly across 3-6 meals a day. This is just a VERY rough starting point. Start doing this for a couple weeks, weigh yourself 2x a week (non-consecutive days) and add more calories if you’re not gaining weight. As you add calories, add carbs first, then add fat if you’re not making progress. There’s no need to eat over 1g protein per lb as long as you’re eating at or above BMR.

Good luck!

I just keep losing weight more and more due to my shitty diet. I went from 135lbs to 120 and now I’m down to 118. Fuck me im going to fly away in the wind. I am going to begin meal prepping and making sure I get 3 meals a day, but I don’t know how many calories to aim for to reach 140lbs in let’s say 3-4 months.

For reference right now I’m only eating about 500 calories a day.

Peds May or may not be part of this, although trt may be introduced under doctor supervision.
I feel you dude. I was 128lb a year and a half ago. I’m almost 220 now lol. I was just working 90-100 hour work weeks and eating like once a day when I absolutely had to at the end of the day. I’d skip breakfast and work all day. So age 19 I was 150 very lean, then I just wasted away for 9 years working and not eating down to 128lb.

I’ll ball park this for you. But I’m happy to help more specific too.

On training days, a ballpark for you would be like 3100 calories at the start with a 40 minute training session.

185g protein, fill in with as lean as possible meat and carbs.

Off days shoot for 2700 calories.

Creatine is useful too. Drink water starting 20 minutes after your meals. That’s a way I remind myself to drink more. I set a stop watch and drink water then, because it’s enough time to have digested a bit and not feel sloshing in my stomach from all the water.

Your definitely adding a steeper hill in your life if your trying to bulk while taking amphetamines.

But i dunno your situation, maybe you truly need the drugs to function. If at all possible though, drop that shit, and dirty bulk for a while, eat everything that comes infront of you, andfocus on the major compound lifts, at least until your back to mid range BMI for your stats. Then you can start getting more surgical with your approach but at this point you just need to add weight and likely strength since im sure your strength has tanked hard.
I was like in the same spot as this guy almost lol. I used lots of Adderall age 19-28 till i wasted away to 128lb 5’10.5”. So anorexic/ legit meth head look lol. Also I was fully addicted to opiates too back then after a really intense crash/surgery/ medical coma
For 13 days, months in hospital from racing dirtbikes at pro level ( wasn’t payed or anything ).

Long story short, I still do use the Adderall but only 5-10mg per day now and I routinely go without it, but Atleast on the dose I’m taking now I was still
Able to bulk up to 210+ in a year and a half. But admittedly that’s just because I’m on an eating schedule and I mechanically make myself eat anyways during a strict bulk where I’m measuring calories etc.

But yea, amphetamines are not conducive to appetite at all, and def growth by naturally eating more.

I was like in the same spot as this guy almost lol. I used lots of Adderall age 19-28 till i wasted away to 128lb 5’10.5”. So anorexic/ legit meth head look lol. Also I was fully addicted to opiates too back then after a really intense crash/surgery/ medical coma
For 13 days, months in hospital from racing dirtbikes at pro level ( wasn’t payed or anything ).

Long story short, I still do use the Adderall but only 5-10mg per day now and I routinely go without it, but Atleast on the dose I’m taking now I was still
Able to bulk up to 210+ in a year and a half. But admittedly that’s just because I’m on an eating schedule and I mechanically make myself eat anyways during a strict bulk where I’m measuring calories etc.

But yea, amphetamines are not conducive to appetite at all, and def growth by naturally eating more.
Amphetamine is a powerful drug, insane drive and overall good rewarding feeling. I love it. It’s so hard to come offf. Tomorrow will be my first day not taking it. I will post threads updating how a feel because I’m going to feel like death for a while (I am taking 60-80mg a day along with soma and gabapentin and alcohol)

Back