How much cardio do guys do?

45 mins at least 5x a week. It keeps my blood pressure in check.

I don’t have an active job or get in the steps some of you do, so without dedicated cardio I’d be a sloth.

If someone hates cardio, then my recommendation is just move. Don't sit all day as sitting is what is killing us. Make sure you hit at least 6000 steps per day. Climb the stairs instead of using the elevator. Park your car further to walk more. Join some sport you can enjoy or just extreme trips community. Combat sports are also very good. At the gym use threadmill and walk fast for 10 minutes. Just do something to move more and stop being lazy. Your health will improve.

If someone hates cardio, then my recommendation is just move. Don't sit all day as sitting is what is killing us. Make sure you hit at least 6000 steps per day. Climb the stairs instead of using the elevator. Park your car further to walk more. Join some sport you can enjoy or just extreme trips community. Combat sports are also very good. At the gym use threadmill and walk fast for 10 minutes. Just do something to move more and stop being lazy. Your health will improve.

I agree 100% on this. Since i started tracking my steps and doing ed walks i'm far from being lazy. I learned to seek more inconvenient methods to stay active. I park my car far so i can walk, i avoid elevators, i'm walking a lot between sets on gym, going for groceries multiple times per week and generally trying to stay active. This is completely different from me getting extremely bored and frustrated to do excessive cardio.

30 minutes long cardio 2x per 8 days
8-12 minutes HIIT cardio 2x per 8 days
Lift every other day (4x per 8 days)
One off day in between each 8 day cycle

Works well for my 50+ body

I feel much healthier after doing 5k on the treadmill. Should be mandatory especially if your taking drugs that enlarge your heart

Im doing 12 min post training just for appetite since im eating in a surplus. Anyone else do cardio for appetite increase?

Oh here we go. Let’s hear it, why?
If ya have to have a device attached to your body to let you know you’ve moved around a certain amount each day…..well,
Sheet GIF

If ya have to have a device attached to your body to let you know you’ve moved around a certain amount each day…..well,
Sheet GIF
I wonder what percentage of the population has an Apple Watch or other smart watch that tracks this.

When I get on an elliptical, my watch automatically pops up with a notification asking if I want to record the elliptical workout. It goes beyond recording steps.

It’s 2024 brother… embrace technology.

I wonder what percentage of the population has an Apple Watch or other smart watch that tracks this.

When I get on an elliptical, my watch automatically pops up with a notification asking if I want to record the elliptical workout. It goes beyond recording steps.

It’s 2024 brother… embrace technology.
It’s walking ffs.

I gotta say: counting steps is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard

I guess you don't count the food you consume too, right?
Sheet GIF

So in that context i'm guessing you don't measure your food or your macros and just go by feeling, right?

Sheet GIF
I know it is dumb right... just like writing down sets and reps... I mean if you need something to tell you what you lifted each workout... sheeeeeeit.

It’s walking ffs.
it’s consistency. Are you going to get 14k steps one day and 2k the other? That is no different from eating 2k calories one day and 4k another. If you do the same exact thing every day, fine. Not an issue. Not everyone has consistency in their jobs/daily life to that degree where their activity remains the same on a week to week basis

I don't count steps, but I do 20-25mins at about 130bpm, 6 days a week. We might also get a hike in on the weekend. This is while bulking/maintaining.

Why would I? What’s next counting how many times you blink?

If I am going to be honest, in my own humble opinion without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my own point of view, but also by looking into this matter in distinctive perspective, I would like to say I have nothing to say.

Back