How much does HGH raise your blood glucose ?

y777

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone managed to measure their BG or wore a CGM while running and titrating HGH

How much does HGH raise your blood glucose and is it dose dependent ?

I am running 3-4 IUs permanently on a cruise and have also been prescribed ozempic for T2D. I stacked extra sema/tirz to aid in a cut. And my blood glucose has dropped low. I don’t go hypo but it runs low. I could lower my rx Lantus dose but as I’m eating below maintenance I’m gonna go back to needing this much Lantus anyway.

So I was wondering if upping my growth will bump my blood glucose enough to essentially make up the drop that has happened because I’m caloric restricted right now ?

For example only. Not actual numbers

BG is 100 on current Lantus and maintenance calories with 3-4 IUs of HGH

Adding GLP-1 puts me into a caloric deficit and now BG is , say 80 on average.

How much more HGH will it take to bump the BG to 90-100 ?

And my understanding is that the bump in glucose is from both growth impeding insulin from doing its job and also from lipolysis , which the latter id be interested in. Like now I take 2ius pre workout an hour and a half and I don’t see a bump in my glucose at all when doing fasted cardio low intensity. So wondering if I need more or if growth won’t bump it for me for some reason.

Sorry for extensive post. Appreciate any feedback

I worked my way up to 10iu/d and my
Glucose levels are the same. I’m sure as I continue to add calories and as time goes on it will slowly go up.

I’d bet diet has more of a role than the growth on glucose levels.

Nope, overall health is important. If you were insulin resistent before you start rHGH then it will just make it worse very quickly. This has nothing to do with diet as people can have pretty good insulin sensitivity even with shitty diets if they are in good shape and have a healthy/active life.

I worked my way up to 10iu/d and my
Glucose levels are the same. I’m sure as I continue to add calories and as time goes on it will slowly go up.

Diet plays a massive role. Fasting BG the day after a normal day for me is around 80. The day after a high day (with a huge dirty cheat meal at the end) is high 90s occasionally 100. This is while pretty lean and taking 8iu gh. If I ate like an asshole like that cheat meal 3-4x weekly, my blood sugar just wouldn’t have time to come down, i’d be pumping out insulin like crazy and would very quickly become desensitized. I was in the 110s fasted last offseason once diet started getting pretty dirty to keep pushing, on 6iu gh, so diet definitely plays a role

This has nothing to do with diet as people can have pretty good insulin sensitivity even with shitty diets if they are in good shape and have a healthy/active life.

Diet plays a massive role. Fasting BG the day after a normal day for me is around 80. The day after a high day (with a huge dirty cheat meal at the end) is high 90s occasionally 100. This is while pretty lean and taking 8iu gh. If I ate like an asshole like that cheat meal 3-4x weekly, my blood sugar just wouldn’t have time to come down, i’d be pumping out insulin like crazy and would very quickly become desensitized. I was in the 110s fasted last offseason once diet started getting pretty dirty to keep pushing, on 6iu gh, so diet definitely plays a role

One of us is a dirty fucking liar liar pants on fire.

was 10-12iu per day recent bloods show no increase in h1ac or fasted glucose over 3months.

all in the diet.

was 10-12iu per day recent bloods show no increase in h1ac or fasted glucose over 3months.

all in the diet.
"All in the diet" what do you mean by this ?
are you talking about macros ratio or quality of carbs or what exactly?

for most individuals on GH being in a caloric surplus is what causes insulin resistance over time the same way it causes it when you are not on GH and perma bulking , GH just speeds up the process...
but does eating ice-cream instead of rice really tilt the balance and make things that much worse (It would seem intuitively yes but we all know guys that eat like shit on GH they don't get fat and maintain insulin sensitivity....genetics perhaps...)

for most individuals on GH being in a caloric surplus is what causes insulin resistance over time the same way it causes it when you are not on GH and perma bulking , GH just speeds up the process...
but does eating ice-cream instead of rice really tilt the balance and make things that much worse (It would seem intuitively yes but we all know guys that eat like shit on GH they don't get fat and maintain insulin sensitivity....genetics perhaps...)

"All in the diet"

At around 10 IU GH/d, FBG is <100 and HbA1c normal (like 5ish%). Lower carb diet in general, not a caloric surplus.

I imagine things would be different in a high carb surplus, where people require insulin to maintain normal glucose levels.

Was scared about insulin resistance reading the boards and crap. Worked my way up to 10iu and no issues. Only time I had issues was if I started eating like asshole

Guys from your experience, how much do you think HbA1c is considered too much for an off season period? Like the point you see it and you need to take actions like drop carbs, go in a minicut or start using metformin and slin?

Guys from your experience, how much do you think HbA1c is considered too much for an off season period? Like the point you see it and you need to take actions like drop carbs, go in a minicut or start using metformin and slin?
5.4 for me. Some say 5.6. Depends on how much health you are willing to sacrifice.

Was scared about insulin resistance reading the boards and crap. Worked my way up to 10iu and no issues. Only time I had issues was if I started eating like asshole
I ate like an asshole and didn’t have too many issues.

My BC did go higher if I ate too much foods with high glycemic index, but not enough to be diabetic, and not much higher than currently.

Simply taking Berberine (extremely neurotoxic to fetuses, don’t have this around pregnant women) before an asshole meal once a day was all I needed to combat anything.

I literally ate massive quantities of fast food while bulking and didn’t have an issue if I threw in Berberine.

But I’m a big fan of science-based approaches to slowly ramping up. 3 iu/day, and if no sides for 30 days, up to 6iu. If no sides for 30 days, up to 9 iu. Then 2 weeks, 10iu. Slowly ramp up.

5.4 for me. Some say 5.6. Depends on how much health you are willing to sacrifice.

Ok! I'm currently at 4.9 without even berberine, i'm planning to do a further minicut and then go in a bulk. Good to know where's the upper acceptable limit because you hear everyday "maintain a good insulin sensitivity" but no one talks with actual numbers.

Ok! I'm currently at 4.9 without even berberine, i'm planning to do a further minicut and then go in a bulk. Good to know where's the upper acceptable limit because you hear everyday "maintain a good insulin sensitivity" but no one talks with actual numbers.
4.9 is absolutely fine with GH.

Anything past 5.6 is where beta cells are most likely already (at least slightly) damaged, which we don't want.
Are you sure it’s 5.6? I thought I remembered it being 5.7, but I could be wrong.

That said, I agree it needs to be lower. Exercise, Berberine or Metformin helps a lot.

What i mean is the food you eat and how you cycle macros effects your insulin sensitivity.

Smash high carbs day in day out eventually you become resistant and store fat. - not including adding exo insulin here either.

Doesn't mean you can't eat carbs either just cycle macros surplus doesn't need to be crazy to grow right formulas and eye for the waistline with balanced macros.

People take GH and reckon they can't get 'fat' what they mean is. I haven't been in a surplus long or high enough "yet".

Put aside the pharma and generics rubbish talk also.

I feel it is greatly influenced by diet
I went from zero to 10 IU’s daily and BG has remained the same pretty much
My diet is meticulous (cut) and I don’t do any cheat meals, only “high” carb days which is extra rice and green beans only
fasted glucose over last couple weeks ranges 77-96 depending on carb intake. No insulin or metformin

About cheat meals
If you need them to maintain your mental fortitude that’s one thing but eating saturated fats with high carbs will cause those fats to be stored as fat. This is a set back. If you’re doing this weekly just think how much you are spinning your wheels in comparison to effective carb cycling.
My high carb day is just extra rice and green beans. Yeah its boring but when you get used to eating properly you shouldn’t need constant breaks from that
I get so excited to eat every meal of chicken and rice because my body needs the nutrients. The extra rice on a high day is wonderful and the results two or three days later are amazing. Well worth the self-discipline
Add in some “no carb days” and that rice is even more amazing
No carbs days are never really no carb because I eat green beans and your body will make carbs from the protein (gluconeogenesis) but I exclude rice on those days. Add some rice in the next day and it’s like dinner the most amazing restaurant lol

Last edited: