How much protein do you guys eat?

When someone asks about protein intake, especially in the context of TRT, here’s how I’d break it down:

For the average lifter, the general guideline is about 1.6 to 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, which translates to roughly 0.7 to 1 gram per pound. This range is usually enough to cover muscle repair and growth, assuming your training and recovery are on point.

Now, when you’re on TRT, your body is in a more anabolic state than it would be naturally, which means you might be able to utilize protein more efficiently. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you need to drastically increase your intake beyond the standard recommendations.

In practice, most guys on TRT stick to the same 1.6 to 2.2 g/kg range. If you’re in a heavy training phase or cutting, you might push it closer to the higher end of that range, but it’s not like you suddenly need double the protein just because you’re on TRT. The key is to hit your protein target consistently and focus on overall nutrition, training intensity, and recovery.

So, whether you’re natural or on TRT, the protein requirements are pretty similar. It’s more about fine-tuning based on your specific goals and how your body responds. Keep it within that 1.6 to 2.2 g/kg range, and you’ll be good to go.

This isn't the unpopular opinion thread, but...

Gear, resistance training, and dietary protein are all anabolic stimuli.

The more you do of the others (gear & resistance training), the less protein you need.

Plenty anecdotes of bodybuilders eating high carb at the expense of high protein; ie, less than 1.8 g/kg protein/d.

Worded another way, high protein is much more valuable to those who don't engage in resistance training & use gear.

Disclaimer: my bias is higher protein for most people here including myself.

I don't think gear should play a role with your protein intake when bulking or cutting . Natural bodybuilders do the same shit we do minus the pinning.

Y'all tend to overcomplicate things sometimes. And fitness influencers need to push out content every week, so they often end up talking about overrated topics with little importance to keep that youtube revenue flowing.

Get most of your protein and other macronutrients from unprocessed, healthy food. Train with intensity and consistency. Recover adequately and you'll grow just fine.