How much whey is too much?

sneak007

What % of y'all proteins come from milk/whey ?? I hear coaches say to prioritize "real food" but I can't seem to stomach more than a pound of chicken in a day.

So I end up doing 45-50% of my protein from meat, 25% egg whites, and 25-30% from yogurt/whey powder. Should I increase the eggs or do those numbers sound alright?

In my growing years 1 of my 6 meals was whey. My post workout drink. I found i grew better from whole food as it had a more varied source of nutrition as well as a good protein source.

Protein is protein no matter the source. Whey is complete, and theoretically you could get every last bit of your protein intake from it and be fine. As long as you're getting all essential/semi essential amino acids covered, you're okay.
I slightly disagree, as im getting a little older my tolerance goes down for lactose. Before I could handle Mabe 5-6 scoops a day, now days 2 scoops max, how is protein protein if one source makes u shit ur brains out?

Ever read the label of a protein container? 2 scoops max and not to be used for weight loss or something about replacing a meal I have read on 1.

What % of y'all proteins come from milk/whey ?? I hear coaches say to prioritize "real food" but I can't seem to stomach more than a pound of chicken in a day.

So I end up doing 45-50% of my protein from meat, 25% egg whites, and 25-30% from yogurt/whey powder. Should I increase the eggs or do those numbers sound alright?
U gota moisten that chicken up cook it juicy or add some low carb bbq sauce ,Trying to eat a pound of dry chicken is no fun. Blend it if you have to. Do what u have to do.
I drink 2 scoops whey hydrorlized 1 Bottle of fairlife fat free lactose free milk. Thats 130g p right there then on top I have meals with meat eggs and a little cheese lacrosse free or a harder cheddar.

I slightly disagree, as im getting a little older my tolerance goes down for lactose. Before I could handle Mabe 5-6 scoops a day, now days 2 scoops max, how is protein protein if one source makes u shit ur brains out?

Ever read the label of a protein container? 2 scoops max and not to be used for weight loss or something about replacing a meal I have read on 1.
Whey isolate is lactose free...whey concentrate is not. I have the same issue , can't really digest lactose anymore. Whey isolate still fine for me but a lot of guys report that their body starts to reject whey after many years..you can always try a new brand.
Interesting that you found lactose free cheese -.^

I get 250 grams from chicken and beef and another 50 to 100 from whey, yogurt, ect. I weigh 170. I'm trying to gain weight.

Might seem like a weird protein to eat but have you tried to make gluten then fry it up? 75g protein per 100g which is more then double the protein of chicken breast

Whey isolate is lactose free...whey concentrate is not. I have the same issue , can't really digest lactose anymore. Whey isolate still fine for me but a lot of guys report that their body starts to reject whey after many years..you can always try a new brand.
Interesting that you found lactose free cheese -.^
I meant fat free cheese and harder cheeses are much lower in lactose and easy to handle for most.
I have a shake first thing when I wake up. The rest of the day is food. That would be good too if I had time.
my first good training partner told
Me for him It only makes sense to slam a shake right when he gets up that’s when u need the fastest acting protein u can because ur fasted all night at that point. Not pre post workout bs enless the timing is right, like you workout first thing in the am anyway. Then just have your regular meals throughout the day after your shake.

So like you said it makes sense its easy first thing in the am no cooking no prep get out of the house quick, but like In my thinking it makes just as much sense for absorption timing and digestion.

I remember they usto recommend whey during the day and casein right before bed. That would keep me on the toilet all night.

Protein is protein no matter the source. Whey is complete, and theoretically you could get every last bit of your protein intake from it and be fine. As long as you're getting all essential/semi essential amino acids covered, you're okay.
That’s a bit of an older school thinking, it really comes down to an individual’s digestion and what works for them. Same as a aas cycle. What works for 1 won’t work for another. Even though supposedly it’s the same human body but we are all different.

Like for me steak and potato skins mess my digestion up, who els has that problem not too many imo.
Ground beef and or rice/mashed potatoes i handle fine.

The bulk of my protein comes from animal sources, but Whey is my bridge to get me to my daily goal without being forced to eat so much meat that I feel like I swallowed a brick after dinner each night.

There are so many options out there for Whey. Too many in fact. It is easy to get into paralysis by analysis territory when evaluating them all. I keep things pretty simple and generally buy whatever has the macros I am looking for and is the cheapest. I made my last Whey purchase about 2 months ago and I found a smoking deal. At the time Met-RX was in the process of getting out of the Whey game to focus soley on their protein bars. They were liquidating remaining whey inventory for cheap. 5 pound tubs for 35 bucks a pop. I picked up 3 of those bitches to stock up.

IMG_0266.webp

Back