MESO-Rx Exclusive How safe (dangerous) is 1000mg per week of testosterone?

What do you think about 1000mg per week TESTOSTERONE for an advanced trainer?

• Excessive

Votes: 71 34.3%
  • A little high

Votes: 70 33.8%
  • Just right

Votes: 48 23.2%
  • A little low

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Not enough

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 gram of just test or as a base to a normal combination of one or more anabolics (not including gH and slin)?

Have always preferred using multiple drugs in smaller doses. Have yet to work with anyone or find myself needing 1g of test to continue progressing.

I think the original question was a test-only cycle. But I'd love to hear a more nuanced answer from everyone, and particularly you, as a standalone vs. as a base vs. combinations vs. better alternatives from a health vs. efficacy standpoint as well.

it’s not “safe”, but neither is crossing the street. On the spectrum of these things my hunch says it’s somewhere in the ballpark of “fine” assuming it’s not year-round for years on end or something.

There are so many factors involved in this. I think a lot of people rely on more drugs rather than diet and intelligent training. I was one of them in the past. Once I started getting the other stuff dialed in I was blown away with how much I could progress with actual TRT doses. I don't think I'll ever run test that high again. 500mg a week with an oral or 200-400mg of another compound is plenty for me. I'm no competitor though

I once went up to 750mg test a week, and I questioned myself, asking “Who the hell do I think I am to warrant this?”.

I haven’t found just plain test blast to offer much over my TRT dose regardless of dose. Apparently get all the sides from everything else I’ve tried as well.

I think it’s so person dependent that there is no clear answer. Some will blow up on a little test and others will run a bathtub of oils and not look too impressive.

1 gram of test, alone, for the right person, right in regards to:
- side effects (or lack thereof) experienced from test
- viable reasons for not using other drugs (like side effects from them)
- a goal that warrants 1g
- suitable diet and training

Probably not altogether that risky as a cycle.

I’d argue it’s much more about the overall approach/duration/time off/supplemental support/etc.

My big holdup with 1 gram of test is, for most, the inevitable aromatization and then the required anti estrogen use. Improper/excessive AI use is probably far more risky than most of the drugs we use, and I think the message being spread, probably correctly, is to avoid use if possible with smarter cycle designs and dosages. I probably wouldn’t group it together with like, only-deca cycles but, I think we know there are smarter decisions that can be made.

1 gram is still circulating in some conversations as the holy grail to a new level of gains, so much so that I’m seeing inexperienced competitors on a g within a cycle or two. Alarming…

Edit; missed the last ask: better alternatives.

A test dose that does not require anti estrogen use with or without something like primo (when total dosage for progress dictates it) and strictly due to the amount of progress my clients see with it, some deca.

1 g test vs 3-500 test, 3-500 primo, 200-300 deca; I’m going with the later.

Last edited:
Good to see the statement of 500mg a week a recommended minimum for test only cycle. For some reason, some guys here are pushing lower as a first cycle. Many report significant gains from their first cycle, should make the most if it.

Edit; missed the last ask: better alternatives.

A test dose that does not require anti estrogen use with or without something like primo (when total dosage for progress dictates it) and strictly due to the amount of progress my clients see with it, some deca.
Currently curising At 130mg/week of Test E/C, my
Total T = 1153 ng/dl ---Top of range 1100
Free = 309 pg/ml ---Top of range 224
Bio available = 609 ng/dl ---Top of range 575
E2 = 65 pg/ml --- Top of range 29

With e2 being at 65 pg/ml I think I'd still need around 12.5mg/week of aromasin to prevent gyno flare due to extra sensitization of Tren/Nandrolone.
So, I shouldn't increase Test then:

Does my blast of cut and bulk sound reasonable?
Cut : Test - 130 mg/week ; Mast - 400 mg/week ; Tren - 400 mg/week
Bulk :Test - 130 mg/week ; Mast - 400mg/week ; Npp/Deca - 400mg/week

A gram of test a week is bananas in my opinion. I’ve been using for 10 years now and 400-500 test with 300 Deca/Npp is plenty for me. Everyone is different but I don’t believe in large amounts of drugs unless you’re stepping on stage.

tried all the combos dhts + test + nands etc.. highs and lows. Still to do this day 1G test only nothing has come close to gains or that "look" dont need anything for e2 management. Can't imagine what stacking on 1G Tbase would be like have zero plans for this.

Have ran combos up to 2G total mg per week test was always at or under 500mg pw.

Find what works for you not some bro cycle on the internet.

Nothing is safe pick your poison.

Test itself should just be there to maintain male function maybe a little extra on top to feel good. The other anabolics in your stack should be doing the “heavy lifting”. The days of doing 1-2 even 3 grams of test are in the past. People ain’t doing that shit no more it’s 2023

I agree with mac about intelligent stack design and trying to negate the excess use of ai’s

1 gram of test is norm for a ifbb pro. I stopped competing years ago. I am around alot of them and believe me it's very normal amongst them and some crazy stacks on top of it. It's gotten out of control.

Palumbo says every good cycle starts with 1g of test as a baseline. Then again Palumbo says a lot of dumb shit so that doesn’t mean much.

Test is the safest compound, cycling on 1g of test only is often more safe than stacking several compounds at low dosages with higher toxicity.
The body do not care about how many digits you are injecting.
With 1000mg of test, I have almost no sides, and it doesn't affect the sleep, libido, appetite etc.
My bloods remain good and healthy as well (lipids and liver enzymes), no elevated BP.

With 500mg test and 200mg tren e, I sleep less, and it sometimes kill my appetite for some reason Idk
with 500mg test and 400mg deca, my libido isn't top
and on both, I have higher cholesterol, and slighly higher liver enzymes compared to test only cycles.
Low dosages 19-nor in general (200-400mg) are much more toxic than the extra 500mg you gonna add of test to have 1000mg weekly dosage.
Neuro toxicity, BP problems, libido problems, mood changes, thyroid and cholesterol.

i would say people that can run 1g test and have no sides are the exception not the norm... usually people have HIGH e2 on that much test and must use and AI so negates the benefits of the low toxicity of test .
for those people it would be safer to run 600test 400 primo for example...
I wonder what the result of the poll will be but I have a felling its going to trend in the high to excessive range if my above theory is correct.

Test is the safest compound, cycling on 1g of test only is often more safe than stacking several compounds at low dosages with higher toxicity.
The body do not care about how many digits you are injecting.
With 1000mg of test, I have almost no sides, and it doesn't affect the sleep, libido, appetite etc.
My bloods remain good and healthy as well (lipids and liver enzymes), no elevated BP.

With 500mg test and 200mg tren e, I sleep less, and it sometimes kill my appetite for some reason Idk
with 500mg test and 400mg deca, my libido isn't top
and on both, I have higher cholesterol, and slighly higher liver enzymes compared to test only cycles.
Low dosages 19-nor in general (200-400mg) are much more toxic than the extra 500mg you gonna add of test to have 1000mg weekly dosage.
Neuro toxicity, BP problems, libido problems, mood changes, thyroid and cholesterol.
exactly my point - Test is KING and for the exact reasons you have listed.

And too the guys thinking 1G test is out dated.... You obviously are only on this forum or don't know many big dudes.