Intro Post

FidiNYC

Hey guys-
New member been lurking for a bit. Getting serious about lifting again for the first time in a long time. I’m over 50. Did a cycle of deca in my 20s.

Lifting 4-5x a week, including session with a trainer 1-2x a week.

Peloton 3-4x a week.

13k steps a day average.

My primary goal is just putting on mass. Want to get bigger. I’m Carrying extra body fat and working stepping up diet, but losing body fat is secondary for me now. Otherwise healthy guy - normal BP cholesterol.

Exploring options here including TRT, HGH and others. I read in a forum that Dianabol is good for guys in their 50s.

Thoughts??

Welcome! What are we talking extra bodyfat wise? Starting a cycle and trying to get bigger while you’re fat will just cause headaches and limit your gains. You want to lose bodyfat first because that will set you up to be in a good spot for insulin sensitivity and to make more progress, feel fresher, and have more endurance in the gym.

At over 50, TRT would not be a bad idea and you could likely recomp on that if you go into a minor deficit

Welcome! What are we talking extra bodyfat wise? Starting a cycle and trying to get bigger while you’re fat will just cause headaches and limit your gains. You want to lose bodyfat first because that will set you up to be in a good spot for insulin sensitivity and to make more progress, feel fresher, and have more endurance in the gym.

At over 50, TRT would not be a bad idea and you could likely recomp on that if you go into a minor deficit
I’ve already been dropping fat in recent months. I’m 5’9” 209, 35 waist. Good cardio endurance.