• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Is it worth PCT if you do lower does Primo?

Chris1977

I plan on only doing 50mg (daily)Primo for 8 weeks for therapeutic purposes mostly (nerve damage) and to lose some weight, maybe gain a bit of muscle too. I've been reading about it and talking to people and they said that because the dose is perhaps the minimum needed to see any result PCT may not be needed...are they correct? This is my first time at 42 going on 43 so I am definitely old enough lol, I don't care about my hair cause its mostly gone, man boobs I don't think are possible since I had surgery to remove those years ago (not from steroids) my only concern is natural test suppression and how fast it comes back. I was thinking clomid in low dose if needed though, I can't imagine having to do as much as a more serious user.

Thanks for your time.

I don't think you're going to get the results you're aiming for and I would not recommend a primo only cycle.

I'm unaware of any benefits to using primo for nerve damage - what are you looking to accomplish there exactly?

I just want to lose weight, gain a bit of muscle and if it does help nerve damage great. The damage is in my arms/hands so my weight lifting is limited but I don't want to do something that can cause the problems other kinds of steroids do. Its mostly for overall aesthetics.

Not going to lie. It sounds like an unnecessary waste of time. If you have nerve damage, I would probably consult with a doctor instead. There are certain peptides and other thing you could take that have "healing" properties. I've never heard of someone taking 350mg/week of primo to help nerve damage though and I would suspect the reason why is because at first thought it sounds retarded.

Not going to lie. It sounds like an unnecessary waste of time. If you have nerve damage, I would probably consult with a doctor instead. There are certain peptides and other thing you could take that have "healing" properties. I've never heard of someone taking 350mg/week of primo to help nerve damage though and I would suspect the reason why is because at first thought it sounds retarded.

All my doctor wants to give me is some fat gaining nerve numbing "suicidal" thoughts medications like Lyrica which I have no interest taking. I lost 25 pounds when I quit similar meds back in april and I have no interest starting down that road again. Steroids are not going to be given to me by any doctor here...sadly.

Cleaned up the diet but I have had a gut and fat chest since I was 13, even when I lose tonnes of weight it never goes away its just a bit smaller. Its like they are in pockets and maintain the fat. I haven't gone swimming or have gone in public without a shirt since I was 11..I really want to change that before I am too old to bother. As for my hormones I did get checked about a year ago and I am middle of the road for my age and I feel less than that considering 7 years before I was high for my age. *sigh* thanks, looks like a dead end for me.

Cleaned up the diet but I have had a gut and fat chest since I was 13, even when I lose tonnes of weight it never goes away its just a bit smaller. Its like they are in pockets and maintain the fat. I haven't gone swimming or have gone in public without a shirt since I was 11..I really want to change that before I am too old to bother. As for my hormones I did get checked about a year ago and I am middle of the road for my age and I feel less than that considering 7 years before I was high for my age. *sigh* thanks, looks like a dead end for me.

Seeing as body dysmorphia is very prevalent amongst bodybuilders, do you have any physique pics with your face blurred out you could post?

To be honest, it kind of sounds like you just need to really clean up your diet good and you'll get the results you're hoping for. I mean actually tracking your macros to a tee, timing up your carbs and fats properly, etc. Losing fat down to 10%bf for the most part is pretty simple. You create an energy deficit and if you do that long enough you'll eventually lose all the fat you once had showing. If you're having problems with that but don't have thyroid problems or low T, it would lead me to believe the training may be off a bit also, and a picture would show if you've been putting in the work or not.

Lol. Sorry for the long post. I just think AAS should be the last resort after your "natural" options aren't producing results anymore.

Seeing as body dysmorphia is very prevalent amongst bodybuilders, do you have any physique pics with your face blurred out you could post?

To be honest, it kind of sounds like you just need to really clean up your diet good and you'll get the results you're hoping for. I mean actually tracking your macros to a tee, timing up your carbs and fats properly, etc. Losing fat down to 10%bf for the most part is pretty simple. You create an energy deficit and if you do that long enough you'll eventually lose all the fat you once had showing. If you're having problems with that but don't have thyroid problems or low T, it would lead me to believe the training may be off a bit also, and a picture would show if you've been putting in the work or not.

Lol. Sorry for the long post. I just think AAS should be the last resort after your "natural" options aren't producing results anymore.

Thanks all for getting back to me, no pics like that but its pretty shitty..I guess I am stuck just like everything else. I already cleaned the diet up and as for working out I can only do so much because of the nerve damage from Chemo years ago. No shirtless swim or beach for me I guess..its man tits forever even though I got them removed with surgery. My body simply will not let go of that fat.

Pull yourself together, dude. Just because it's not recommended to run 350mg of primo only per week doesn't mean all is lost.

My best suggestion for right now:

Get your own blood work done privately and post the results here. Tag me if needed, add an @ before my username.

Post a thread or post here what your TDEE is and what your typical calorie consumption is on average.

Post the type of lifting movements that you are unable to do, plenty of experienced individuals here who can recommend alternate lifts that avoid your problem areas.

Out of curiosity, what other medications have you tried?

Pull yourself together, dude. Just because it's not recommended to run 350mg of primo only per week doesn't mean all is lost.

My best suggestion for right now:

Get your own blood work done privately and post the results here. Tag me if needed, add an @ before my username.

Post a thread or post here what your TDEE is and what your typical calorie consumption is on average.

Post the type of lifting movements that you are unable to do, plenty of experienced individuals here who can recommend alternate lifts that avoid your problem areas.

Out of curiosity, what other medications have you tried?

I've been on several anti depressants, the lyrica stuff is similar but its supposed to help nerve pain but fix nothing. All these meds have made me gain 20+ pounds and have blood pressure problems among other problems (I don't remember all the names). In Canada I don't believe we have private options, I tried looking but they are far away and far too expensive too. As for my diet at am on an alkaline diet because to stomach acid and the only meat I eat is chicken/salmon because of gout. I don't count calories I just eat when I am hungry but NO unnatural sugar or junk. As for lifting movements its everything that requires grip as my hands numb or worst.

I've been on several anti depressants, the lyrica stuff is similar but its supposed to help nerve pain but fix nothing. All these meds have made me gain 20+ pounds and have blood pressure problems among other problems (I don't remember all the names). In Canada I don't believe we have private options, I tried looking but they are far away and far too expensive too. As for my diet at am on an alkaline diet because to stomach acid and the only meat I eat is chicken/salmon because of gout. I don't count calories I just eat when I am hungry but NO unnatural sugar or junk. As for lifting movements its everything that requires grip as my hands numb or worst.
What is your height and weight? What are three average meals in a day for you (as in write out an average breakfast lunch and dinner, we can calculate a rough estimate of calories from that)? When do you go to sleep and wake up? What kind of exercise do you do every week? this info will be helpful in figuring out what you need to do here.

What is your height and weight? What are three average meals in a day for you (as in write out an average breakfast lunch and dinner, we can calculate a rough estimate of calories from that)? When do you go to sleep and wake up? What kind of exercise do you do every week? this info will be helpful in figuring out what you need to do here.

I am 6feet, 196 pounds, I could sleep better I am up late every night because I have an extreme problem sleeping. It can be as early as 2am and as late as 8am or not at all. For the past few months its been cardio (1 hour on hardest settings) because I have been sleeping during the day but before that it would be push ups, bench press and light but lots of reps of curls so hopefully I won't hurt my hands and squats. I plan to start doing better before I touch anything like primo btw...not crazy, I do have to fix things. This is just research right now, I get night terrors at times so sleep is a big problem.

My meals can vary but no junk, just chicken, salmon, juices, fruits, eggs with mixed veggies things like that, the alkaline diet. Sometimes potatoes but that is the biggest carb thing I eat.

I am 6feet, 196 pounds, I could sleep better I am up late every night because I have an extreme problem sleeping. It can be as early as 2am and as late as 8am or not at all. For the past few months its been cardio (1 hour on hardest settings) because I have been sleeping during the day but before that it would be push ups, bench press and light but lots of reps of curls so hopefully I won't hurt my hands and squats. I plan to start doing better before I touch anything like primo btw...not crazy, I do have to fix things. This is just research right now, I get night terrors at times so sleep is a big problem.
Gotcha. Have you tried any sleep medication from your doctor? Do you snore? Do you potentially have sleep apnea? Without test it is incredibly hard to lose fat or build muscle, so I would put some very serious effort into attacking your sleep.

Also, regardless of the fact that you shouldn’t be doing primo or other AAS, you CAN, if you so choose, run a “high trt” dose of 200-250mg/wk and yes, it will help you build muscle and burn fat. Most people experience zero sides other than shutdown at this dose. I don’t recommend you do or don’t do this, but you clearly came here looking for help, and this is an option that’s available to you. There are many more details to all of this, and also a decision of if you want to make a long term commitment to injecting testosterone, but you do have options here. HGH is also clinically proven to lower abdominal fat and increase fat free mass. Again, I am NOT recommending you do these things. I am just saying you have options for your own health and happiness.

Also, losing weight WILL help with your neuropathy as you will have less pressure on your nerves. Most important in all of this is that you get a serious diet plan and exercise routine and stick to it regardless of what you decide to do otherwise.

Gotcha. Have you tried any sleep medication from your doctor? Do you snore? Do you potentially have sleep apnea? Without test it is incredibly hard to lose fat or build muscle, so I would put some very serious effort into attacking your sleep.

Also, regardless of the fact that you shouldn’t be doing primo or other AAS, you CAN, if you so choose, run a “high trt” dose of 200-250mg/wk and yes, it will help you build muscle and burn fat. Most people experience zero sides other than shutdown at this dose. I don’t recommend you do or don’t do this, but you clearly came here looking for help, and this is an option that’s available to you. There are many more details to all of this, and also a decision of if you want to make a long term commitment to injecting testosterone, but you do have options here. HGH is also clinically proven to lower abdominal fat and increase fat free mass. Again, I am NOT recommending you do these things. I am just saying you have options for your own health and happiness.

Also, losing weight WILL help with your neuropathy as you will have less pressure on your nerves. Most important in all of this is that you get a serious diet plan and exercise routine and stick to it regardless of what you decide to do otherwise.
I was trying to type “WITHOUT REST,” not “without test.”

My meals can vary but no junk, just chicken, salmon, juices, fruits, eggs with mixed veggies things like that, the alkaline diet. Sometimes potatoes but that is the biggest carb thing I eat.
Please type out actual example meals for a day. I am trying to estimate your caloric intake since you are not sure what it is.

example:
Breakfast- 4 eggs fried in olive oil, 5 strips bacon, one half avocado.

What kind of TRT/hgh at 200-250mg?

Please type out actual example meals for a day. I am trying to estimate your caloric intake since you are not sure what it is.

example:
Breakfast- 4 eggs fried in olive oil, 5 strips bacon, one half avocado.

Eggs with veggies mixed in, sometimes in a sandwich or chicken instead of eggs. I might repeat one of these two things for lunch and supper is whatever I can get at the soup kitchen (yeah I am low income but I am saving money for the first time in awhile thanks to much less drinking) which could be anything but usually there is a salad . Later on I will have some baked potato with a smoothie that has a tonne of shit in it like Celery, spinach, banana, almond milk, oatmeal plain, now I am adding berries..etc. Well I am off to bed..later.

Eggs with veggies mixed in, sometimes in a sandwich or chicken instead of eggs. I might repeat one of these two things for lunch and supper is whatever I can get at the soup kitchen (yeah I am low income but I am saving money for the first time in awhile thanks to much less drinking) which could be anything but usually there is a salad . Later on I will have some baked potato with a smoothie that has a tonne of shit in it like Celery, spinach, banana, almond milk, oatmeal plain, now I am adding berries..etc. Well I am off to bed..later.
Sorry to hear you are struggling man. Don’t give up.

What kind of TRT/hgh at 200-250mg?
Trt means testosterone replacement therapy. That would be the milligrams per week of testosterone cypionate or enthenate split into two shots per week. HGH would be something like 2IU a day for 4 months. There are also things like hcg weekly to consider. It sounds like you need to do a lot more research and reading on all of this before you consider perusing it though.