Janoshik Analytical laboratory testing services

@Burntoutn3rd should be part of this conversation. I have my own interests but he has experience testing various cannabinoids etc
Yeah, the Farm Bill loopholes are pretty wild, they're what's pressed the DOJ for rescheduling cannabis overall this summer.

Some of the absolute best flower we've tested this past year has been legal market THC-A with a "legal" amount of decarboxylated Delta 9 THC. Talking products pushing legitimate 30%+ THCA without fluffing the tests but with a .2% d9 THC keeping it legal. The THCA is decarboxylated into THC as soon as a heat source hits it. Whether that's an oven to decarb for edibles or a lighter flame.

Oral THCA has some pretty incredible health benefits itself as well, while remaining non-psychoactive. It's just unfortunately expensive because of the potential psychoactivity that prices it's appropriate dosing for neurodegenerative and autoimmune diseases out of range for most

Yeah, the Farm Bill loopholes are pretty wild, they're what's pressed the DOJ for rescheduling cannabis overall this summer.

Some of the absolute best flower we've tested this past year has been legal market THC-A with a "legal" amount of decarboxylated Delta 9 THC. Talking products pushing legitimate 30%+ THCA without fluffing the tests but with a .2% d9 THC keeping it legal. The THCA is decarboxylated into THC as soon as a heat source hits it. Whether that's an oven to decarb for edibles or a lighter flame.

Oral THCA has some pretty incredible health benefits itself as well, while remaining non-psychoactive. It's just unfortunately expensive because of the potential psychoactivity that prices it's appropriate dosing for neurodegenerative and autoimmune diseases out of range for most
Do you not realize it's election time? Every. Single. Year. they say they'll reschedule/decriminalize marijuana federally. That has yet to happen and theyve been saying that like 35 years now.... Very very, very few marijuana convictions are at a federal level. Rescheduling it will do nothing at all. Besides maybe allowing gun owners to own a firearm and use marijuana. But the 4473 is worded in a way that schedule 2-5 narcotics are still controlled substances as well. So in reality nothing at all would change.

"who is an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);"

Do you not realize it's election time? Every. Single. Year. they say they'll reschedule/decriminalize marijuana federally. That has yet to happen and theyve been saying that like 35 years now.... Very very, very few marijuana convictions are at a federal level. Rescheduling it will do nothing at all. Besides maybe allowing gun owners to own a firearm and use marijuana. But the 4473 is worded in a way that schedule 2-5 narcotics are still controlled substances as well. So in reality nothing at all would change.

"who is an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);"

I mean, great argument and all man.

But I work in the cannabis industry, help run an analytics and extraction lab, and it's been well known since February there, then became public knowledge in May that we are in fact rescheduling cannabis to schedule 3.

Rescheduling to 3 opens up medical at a federal level, greatly opening up cultivation and analytics resources as well as study potential.

From the DEA itself.

Last edited:
I mean, great argument and all man.

But I work in the cannabis industry, help run an analytics and extraction lab, and it's been well known since February there, then became public knowledge in May that we are in fact rescheduling cannabis to schedule 3.

Rescheduling to 3 opens up medical at a federal level, greatly opening up cultivation and analytics resources as well as study potential.

From the DEA itself.

pot stocks are looking better and better

Why doesn't @janoshik ever post HPLC charts? I think this would be pretty easy to implement, and also make everything seem more trustworthy and authoritative.

Although some people could still claim it was edited or fabricated, this would definitely be more convincing than just his reported purity.

Why doesn't @janoshik ever post HPLC charts? I think this would be pretty easy to implement, and also make everything seem more trustworthy and authoritative.

Although some people could still claim it was edited or fabricated, this would definitely be more convincing than just his reported purity.

Lmao, it's just as easy to fake a perfect looking HPLC chart as it is to assign a false value to the purity and concentration tables.

Janoshik isn't an UGL. It's an accredited laboratory subject to oversight and legal regulations. He'd be setting himself up for a hell of a lot of lawsuits and a lengthy prison sentence by faking this stuff when there's no reason to do so.

It's not a hard process by any means. It'd be abysmally stupid for Janoshik to fake any of this when they're located in an area that makes it all perfectly legal to do. The only reason we.dont see a massive market of testing facilities is there's VERY few countries that anyone actually wants to live in that allow for commercial testing of these substances. It's impossible to do anything like Janoshik does legally in the US, or any first world western nation for that matter.

Last edited:
Lmao, it's just as easy to fake a perfect looking HPLC chart as it is to assign a false value to the purity and concentration tables.
It's less easy than simply typing one number differently, but yes it's far from being infallible. Point is, it's super easy, he has shown HPLC in the past, why not just make it a regular feature in his reports?

Other people--who have an understanding of chromatography--could then make their own analyses, compare to other past reports, see if there is some kind of duplication, and thereby dispel any lingering doubts for future customers.
Janoshik isn't an UGL. It's an accredited laboratory subject to oversight and legal regulations. He'd be setting himself up for a hell of a lot of lawsuits and a lengthy prison sentence by faking this stuff when there's no reason to do so.
Lawsuits and a prison sentence? It'd be hard to prosecute a guy whose identity is unknown from a different country.

It's not a hard process by any means. It'd be abysmally stupid for Janoshik to fake any of this when they're located in an area that makes it all perfectly legal to do. The only reason we.dont see a massive market of testing facilities is there's VERY few countries that anyone actually wants to live in that allow for commercial testing of these substances. It's impossible to do anything like Janoshik does legally in the US, or any first world western nation for that matter.
It could be worthwhile to fake it in certain niche situations where there is some expressed desire on the side of the client or so on and so forth.

Btw I'm not trying to make accusations here or cast shade, simply making a suggestion which should be easy to implement.

It's less easy than simply typing one number differently, but yes it's far from being infallible. Point is, it's super easy, he has shown HPLC in the past, why not just make it a regular feature in his reports?

Other people--who have an understanding of chromatography--could then make their own analyses, compare to other past reports, see if there is some kind of duplication, and thereby dispel any lingering doubts for future customers.

Lawsuits and a prison sentence? It'd be hard to prosecute a guy whose identity is unknown from a different country.

It could be worthwhile to fake it in certain niche situations where there is some expressed desire on the side of the client or so on and so forth.

Btw I'm not trying to make accusations here or cast shade, simply making a suggestion which should be easy to implement.

I get what you're saying, but I still stick with it's pretty much pointless. People fake charts all the time in the cannabis testing arena. When they do get caught up and found out, it's far from just a slap on the wrist.

They're operating fully legally under their jurisdiction and subject to inspection and oversight.

And also, they're absolutely not "unknown," lol. You can find his full name and address in the USKVBL documents.

It could be worthwhile to fake it in certain niche situations where there is some expressed desire on the side of the client or so on and so

It is only through third party testing that any doubts might be further dispelled, unless you think that Jano would manipulate test results of substances sent in by customers, often sent in blind.
Where the real problem lies is in UGLs copying and faking coas.
That has certainly happened, as you probably know.
For example, there is another lab in Europe who has found a number of tests they did for various clients forged and used by steroid sources on their website.
They managed to have them taken down but, in the mean time, people must have seen them and bought stuff off the back of those fake coas.

Last edited:
L
What would be the cost? You can test marijuana wax right?
We'd have to make the calculations first and right now we're a bit overwhelmed as it is - we've quadrupled in size in less than a year and it's difficult keeping up with the demand while training new staff.

But yeah, we should be able to do anything, but it'll take us a while to create a pricelist and start offering it as routine analyses (with fast enough turnaround).
@Burntoutn3rd should be part of this conversation. I have my own interests but he has experience testing various cannabinoids etc
Then he probably is more skilled in that specific field than I am :)
Including e-liquids? The current UK market seems to be full of spice unfortunately. What would be the cost for the test? Thanks.
What exactly would you like to have tested in those?

We've done above 1500 tests in last 30 days alone.

All tests are run at least twice, whether it be a duplicate, or MS confirmation, oftentime tests are run three times or more - not even counting additional vial/pill tests which are on the same report.

To simplify it, let's say there are three tests ran per report and it takes 30 seconds to export one.

That's 1500 reports times half a minute times three - that's 2250 minutes, or 37.5 hours - a full working week of someone at the lab.

Tiny labs testing ten samples a week can afford that.

Corporations with proper compartmentalization can probably afford that too, but we weren't built like one from the start.

However I'm not aware of any high throughput laboratory that does that.

At the point when all the labs in this field are compared to our results, we consult research institutions, universities and law enforcement authorities on science of this I don't really feel the need to convince anyone anymore.

Correct, it's not possible in the US at all - that's why we've never opened a facility there as well. FDA and DEA are not screwing about 'research labs.'

In other countries it's quite difficult too and it's not as lucrative once you actually have to compete with an established companies here. The initial investment in legal stuff, volatility of the market etc. keep most of the proper corporations far away.

There's also a crisis of competence. If you can find a good lab manager and you're a rich massive corporation you can use them for even more lucrative work at the lab, which is always medical testing. With volumes there, that's the real gold mine.

Because it feels like a waste to employ a person solely dedicated to that and we have trouble automatizing fast enough, while growign so fast and schooling new employees. I'm not really going through so much trouble for something 1/100th of our clients desire.

If they really want raw data, what's 5 USD that we charge?

My name is publicly tied to my company and has been for years, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I get what you're saying, but I still stick with it's pretty much pointless. People fake charts all the time in the cannabis testing arena. When they do get caught up and found out, it's far from just a slap on the wrist.

They're operating fully legally under their jurisdiction and subject to inspection and oversight.

And also, they're absolutely not "unknown," lol. You can find his full name and address in the USKVBL documents.
Correct. USKVBL is our government supervising entity that we get audited by on the regular.

It is only through third party testing that any doubts might be further dispelled, unless you think that Jano would manipulate test results of substances sent in by customers, often sent in blind.
Where the real problem lies is in UGLs copying and faking coas.
That has certainly happened, as you probably know.
For example, there is another lab in Europe who has found a number of tests they did for various clients forged and used by steroid sources on their website.
They managed to have them taken down but, in the mean time, people must have seen them and bought stuff off the back of those fake coas.
Any report that can't be verified on our website is to be considered faked.

Sorry for the long post, I sort of missed all this. Far too busy.

Hope everyone is well.