5"11
235lbs 12-15% bodyfat
Cycle is
750 test c
300 mast e
3iu gh 5 days a week/bumping to 4iu next week
Fasted blood suger is 115.
Macros 300 carbs 250 protein 100 fat

So looking to bring in lantus at 10iu in the and then go up accordingly until blood suger is at least 90 fasted.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Lantus Insulin Dosage:
Lantus insulin dosage is generally prescribed in a range of 1 to 2 units per 10 kg of body weight.

Rapid Insulin (Humalog R) Administration after Training:
After training, it is recommended to consume an amount of carbohydrates proportional to the dose of rapid insulin administered.
The ratio is usually 15 grams of carbohydrates per unit of rapid insulin.

Also how about training vs off days? I've heard only on training days, I've heard only on off days, and I've heard everyday?

Sounds like a good plan although you won't see much until doses start to creep higher.. Once you reach 30iu you will have a nice solid full feeling all day.. This feels even better around training..

This can be maintained having days off here and there so don't worry too much about days off.. For instance if appetite doesn't feel right one morning have a day off then if you can't get your carbs in your not worrying about going hypo.. 4days on 1 day off.. 3days on 1 day off kind of thing works well also..

Your already diabetic at 34 year old. Your obese, overweight .

Banging a gram of gear without changing diet and cardio will take you on quite the ride. Metformin may really help, your fasting numbers will drop as you lose weight.

Can't have your cake and eat out too.

On par for bodyweight, but any ideas on dosing per lean mass?

It should get the job done either way. Just curious.
Don’t dose it based on body weight. That’s dumb. You can be 300lb but if you take in 0 carbs…

Dose it based on carb intake. Unlike diabetics, most bodybuilders begin at 5iu per 100grams carbs. Therefore, if you’re taking in 400 grams of carbs, administer 20iu Lantus (with 10iu being a starting point).

Don’t dose it based on body weight. That’s dumb. You can be 300lb but if you take in 0 carbs…

Dose it based on carb intake. Unlike diabetics, most bodybuilders begin at 5iu per 100grams carbs. Therefore, if you’re taking in 400 grams of carbs, administer 20iu Lantus (with 10iu being a starting point).

The link was to a general diabetic dosing protocol.

Agree, bodybuilding recommendations are different. 5-10 g carbs per IU, in general, depending on context and a slew of other variables.

Some guys do >20 g carbs per IU in a bulking phase. Others do 5 or less per IU, borderline hypoglycemic, on a cut (not recommended, but they do it).

Your already diabetic at 34 year old. Your obese, overweight .

Banging a gram of gear without changing diet and cardio will take you on quite the ride. Metformin may really help, your fasting numbers will drop as you lose weight.

Can't have your cake and eat out too.
I'm diabetic and obese? Actually my a1c says my insulin is great. I have a condition where I get a glucose dump when I wake up that skews numbers. 2 hours after meals I'm between 90-100. Still a little high but to be expected on gh. Off gh I'm in the 70-80s. And I don't feel 15% is OBESE. Soft yes but I can see my abs when flexed. Not to mention this is my first heavy bulk so I'm not going to be the leanest the first go around. But I can't say I'm obese. And yes I've worked up to a gram of total gear with compounds I feel very comfortable with and that my blood work comes back reasonably well to. So now instead of pushing androgens I'm looking to see what raising my gh slightly does for me and adding the lantus on training days at 10 units to start. I will be monitoring blood glucose along the way. And for insulin sensitivity I use a berberine complex 3 times a day. It has bitter melon,black pepper, ceyon pepper,tumeric etc as well.

I'm diabetic and obese? Actually my a1c says my insulin is great. I have a condition where I get a glucose dump when I wake up that skews numbers. 2 hours after meals I'm between 90-100. Still a little high but to be expected on gh. Off gh I'm in the 70-80s. And I don't feel 15% is OBESE. Soft yes but I can see my abs when flexed. Not to mention this is my first heavy bulk so I'm not going to be the leanest the first go around. But I can't say I'm obese. And yes I've worked up to a gram of total gear with compounds I feel very comfortable with and that my blood work comes back reasonably well to. So now instead of pushing androgens I'm looking to see what raising my gh slightly does for me and adding the lantus on training days at 10 units to start. I will be monitoring blood glucose along the way. And for insulin sensitivity I use a berberine complex 3 times a day. It has bitter melon,black pepper, ceyon pepper,tumeric etc as well.

What's your GH dosing protocol?

Right now ,5 days on two off at 3iu. Going to bump it to either 4iu 5 on 2 off or dose it at 5 iu Mon tue Thurs Fri which are my training days.
You could try 4iu Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri and Sat..

This way you only take 1 day off at a time between consecutive days.. Do you use Pre workout, before bed etc?

Regarding insulin.. I wake up some mornings around 40 and hit sugar straight away.. Blood sugar is always pretty low using insulin or not.. I also don't listen to science when it comes to this PED.. I use in past, Lantus for over 6 months everyday, over 50iu.. Blood readings stayed pretty similar to when I was on it.. Only thing to change was the weight once I stopped..

Something here doesn't seem right.

Fasting blood glucose of 40 without insulin?

Is your doctor aware and OK with this?
Yes I regularly see endocrinologist.. Have appointment next month..

Have done since end of 2022 he's never seen anything similar.. It is this guy who tell me to drink coke first thing in morning.. It used to wake me up with major sweats but I wake up fine now just extremely low..

Yes I regularly see endocrinologist.. Have appointment next month..

Have done since end of 2022 he's never seen anything similar.. It is this guy who tell me to drink coke first thing in morning.. It used to wake me up with major sweats but I wake up fine now just extremely low..
hmm that's weird, the liver should flood your blood with glucose if your BG is getting that low during the night.
and for some guys that causes a high morning BG reading. Never heard the opposite though so you are indeed a rare case.
Can I enquire if you notice this gets worse when you are on a cut? and the opposite when bulking?

hmm that's weird, the liver should flood your blood with glucose if your BG is getting that low during the night.
and for some guys that causes a high morning BG reading. Never heard the opposite though so you are indeed a rare case.
Can I enquire if you notice this gets worse when you are on a cut? and the opposite when bulking?
Nothing really changes but to be honest my eating is all over the place always has been.. I can hit 6000cals one day then live off fresh air for two..

So say I'm waking around 50 I would for instance use 50-100iu daily and drops me to around 40.. I drop Lantus for months and BG stays at 40 eventually over the months rising back to 50..

It still definitely works because I can use 50iu daily for a month if I nail eating I can put the fluff puff poundage on very fast..

He put it down to extremely low calorie diet and steroid use.. I told him how my eating is all over the place so now he is stumped further. Only seen one other case similar he says but wasn't sure of the guys background..

Thank you for all the replys. I'm going to start the lantus this week. I got a flu last week so had to take it easy. Gh is up to 4iu 5 on 2 off. I'm going to bring the lantus in at 5iu (super low I know) but I just want to start as low as possible and monitor blood glucose and adjust accordingly. Plan is to lower fats on training days and increase carbs. So probably 400 carb 250 protein 50 fat and then on non training days cut out the lantus but drop carbs to 200 and increase fats to 150. And as I said before I'll continue to use a berberine complex 3 times a day unless I notice low blood suger reading on lantus days. If that occurs I'll use the berberine only on off days.

Last edited: