Legality of AAS outside of U.S.A.

OhNoYo

I am curious about the legality of AAS outside America, particularly Australia, Canada, & United Kingdom. This interest of mine came from me being under the assumption that in the United Kingdom it is legal to possess AAS, but illegal to buy/distribute/sell them. However, I recently read this passage below in bold from the website link provided here that suggests otherwise: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/acmd1/anabolic-steroids-report/anabolic-steroids?view=Binary

“The possession or sale of anabolic steroids without a valid prescription is
illegal. Simple possession of illicitly obtained anabolic steroids carries a
maximum penalty of one year in prison and a minimum $1,000 fine if this
is an individual’s first drug offence. The maximum penalty for trafficking is
five years in prison and a fine of $250,000 if this is the individual’s first
felony drug offence. If this is the second felony drug offence, the maximum
period of imprisonment and the maximum fine both double. While the
above listed penalties are for federal offences, individual states have also
implemented fines and penalties for illegal use of anabolic steroids”.2

So, can anyone shed some light on this subject? Hopefully, our Northern Neighbor Solo & Overseas Comrade Reinheart may give some legitimate, reputable information on this matter. Plus, if anyone wants to "chime in" on other countries/territorities than the ones stated, I would be happy to read that material.

I am curious about the legality of AAS outside America, particularly Australia, Canada, & United Kingdom. This interest of mine came from me being under the assumption that in the United Kingdom it is legal to possess AAS, but illegal to buy/distribute/sell them. However, I recently read this passage below in bold from the website link provided here that suggests otherwise: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/acmd1/anabolic-steroids-report/anabolic-steroids?view=Binary

So, can anyone shed some light on this subject? Hopefully, our Northern Neighbor Solo & Overseas Comrade Reinheart may give some legitimate, reputable information on this matter. Plus, if anyone wants to "chime in" on other countries/territorities than the ones stated, I would be happy to read that material.

It is 2 easy to get a xript. I much rather have a Dr authorize TRT and shop around than let sum lame ass narc decide my faith.

I'm in Canada.

Basically everything here is illegal except possession. Importation, selling, buying, and producing are all illegal. Most of the time people caught running a lab get jail time, doesn't mean they always serve the full sentence but they don't usually get probation or a suspended sentence..... Unless they "co-operate", which happens more than most people want to think it does.
I don't think its a priority here for LE, but they will go after the big fish.

You took the statement out of context. It refers to U.S. law.

Read the paragraph immediately preceding it:

In the United States, Federal law placed anabolic steroids in
Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) in February 1991.
Subsequently the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 in the United
States modified and updated the 1990 law.

Thx 4 finding the mistake, MB, & I apologize 4 this confusion 4 every1 else... So, what happens when people in UK attempt to purchase raw powder via mail now? Fine, jail time, what? Also, what occurs when people try to purchase raw powder through the mail in Canada?

I've always had a difficult time understanding the "personal possession" of AAS is legal, but buying is not. I mean, its not like ppl just "find" AAS on the street like loose change. Cud any1 clear this up 4 me in addition to AAS laws in Australia? Thx in advance!

Thx 4 finding the mistake, MB, & I apologize 4 this confusion 4 every1 else... So, what happens when people in UK attempt to purchase raw powder via mail now? Fine, jail time, what? Also, what occurs when people try to purchase raw powder through the mail in Canada?

I've always had a difficult time understanding the "personal possession" of AAS is legal, but buying is not. I mean, its not like ppl just "find" AAS on the street like loose change. Cud any1 clear this up 4 me in addition to AAS laws in Australia? Thx in advance!

Importation here has always been illegal. Personally I have had a pack of PCT stuff opened and sent to me, and I know other people who have had multiple packs seized without further police involvement. I also know of other cases where larger quantity's were involved, and it kicked off a larger investigation that resulted in prosecution. Basically small amounts imported here are not worth what it would cost to investigate & prosecute.

I am aware of at least 1 case here where seized powder resulted in a 2 year investigation, and big charges against a guy running a ugl. I would think that any powder being intercepted would raise bigger questions, because obviously it needs to be processed before being usable. So basically its a lead to bust a lab, which they would go after.
That being said though, the Chinese are very smart when it comes to shipping. 100g of powder is about as big as 2 10ml vials, and its obviously not labeled as powder.

I have read some cases where customs allowed delivery of dozens of steroid shipments over months or even years before making a bust. But generally it is usually in an ongoing distribution investigation and not packages consistent with personal use

Kamala has it right for Canada. Before finding my own Canadian sources, I lost all sorts of stuff to customs and received numerous "last warning" letters from the RCMP, but I was never questioned personally and the letters were obviously form letters.

Solo

Pretty interesting to see how the rest of the world works especially poorer nations. I love the fact that in authoritarian and super corrupt nations you can walk into a pharmacy and bypass doctors. You're not going to find anything past schedule III (US) drugs, but hey most stuff is on that list for a reason.

Your best bet are big cities. Too bad sustanon and deca are over $15 an amp. Years ago stuff was 5 bucks a pop and plentiful in SE Asia (not Thailand either).

Had a buddy in the service and when he was stationed in two first world nations in the far east, he'd just go to local doctors and got prescriptions. Most doctors in the states won't due that for fear of LE harassment.

I don't understand the willingness to tolerate the nanny state in the so-called free world.

As an American expat living in Mexico I enjoy going to the local farmacia and getting whatever I want over the counter. At least as related to gear.

I despise my own countries botched war on drugs.

I'm in Canada.

Basically everything here is illegal except possession. Importation, selling, buying, and producing are all illegal. Most of the time people caught running a lab get jail time, doesn't mean they always serve the full sentence but they don't usually get probation or a suspended sentence..... Unless they "co-operate", which happens more than most people want to think it does.
I don't think its a priority here for LE, but they will go after the big fish.

I agree, Canada here also.

unless you got millions worth of it (intent to sell) or are making it i doubt anything other then a simple fine would happen and thats under the section for prescription drug without prescription.... same could happen for antibiotics. haha

Sponsors

Back