Let’s see those garage gyms!

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Worf, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Says sold out now

2. Worf

Worf Member

Let us know how they work out for you. Most of us probably wouldn’t buy equipment from Walmart but desperate times call for desperate measures.

3. Worf

Worf Member

I’m not too surprised. When I got mine from them looked like they only had about10 left. That company will have to hire about 10 people just to keep up with the demand right now.

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Agreed, still looking myself but of course nothing yet lol

5. My home gym; endless bands 1 8lb, 2 20lb and 30lb kettle bells. Rubber DBs up to 40lb and adjustable DBs 1” plates to 62lb. Belt & Olympic bar and bumper plates 4 15lb and 2 10s.
    I’ve been using kettle bells to add more weight, and cause I’m a cheap ass I was trying to find plates under a $1 pound and prior to the Pandemic it was do able but, I kept holding out for a large set around .60-.70 a pound. Now I’m kick myself! Consider $1 a great deal!
    The cage I bought, accidentally/cause I’m cheap. I had been looking at this cage and a few others for 2-3 months starting to go crazy, so one night after a few beers I find it listed for 80 bucks cheaper!! Score! So I ordered it and upon checking the shipping tracking the next day I realized I bought the shorter 6ft cage as opposed to the 7ft.
    The bike and a treadmill in front of a large sliding glass for in the next room and a power tower in the garage that I like to drag outside on nice days.

Attached Files:

6. JP1979

JP1979 Member

image-2020-03-29-10:04:56-134.jpg

This is what we are working with till quarantine is over.... just bought a bench and a set of the adjustable dumbbells that go up to 52.5lbs.

7. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I have a similar one, though mine has dip bars on the back side I'm able to use for overhead press. I haven't used it in years, but was thinking of setting it back up while I'm waiting for other stuff to arrive.

JP1979 and Artifex like this.
  8. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

IMG_20200329_113007.jpg Not mine, but have access to it. Was hating life last week out of town for work. All I had was some dumbbells and a bar. This is much better

9. JP1979

JP1979 Member

It’s been a life saver. Working on 30 rounds of 10 push up, 5 dips, 5 pull-ups as we speak.

10. Worf

Worf Member

Btcowboy likes this.
  11. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I went to Walmart earlier and all they had left was a single 2.5lb plate and a few light dumbbells. I don't even know what they usually carry, but apparently they had some Olympic plates.

12. flenser

Worf likes this.
  13. flenser

It's supposed to be a workshop, but I guess it will be my gym instead. Have a few people from my normal gym I will invite when I get it setup. I just wish I had known I would have time to do it all myself instead of getting a contractor to do most of it.Either way, it should be usable by the end of the week if not sooner.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

15. putazorra

putazorra Member

Where did you order from?

Edit: Looks like you ordered from Walmart. I did a search for buying dumbbells and it landed me here at the bottom of the page. I see after scrolling up that you mentioned where you ordered from.

16. Barny

Barny Member

Damn all those put my 2x 25kg dumbbells and 20kg Kettlebell to shame. Need a rack, just so damn pricey!! "Social Distancing" put an end to Facebook market place :/

17. flenser

Yeah, I checked this morning and they are out again. They didn't even last 24 hours. Might be worth checking a few times a day to see if they get some in stock.

18. I love working out in the elements , always have ! ;) :cool:

015.jpg

ickyrica, Worf, Cityofgrit and 5 others like this.
  19. Who needs ammonia when you have fumes from the nearby gas can to amp you up, right? :D

20. You want some free Jerry cans ? o_O I got dozens of US military gas cans full of dirty diesel . Free . :p

MisterSuperGod likes this.