Let’s see those garage gyms!

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Worf, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Cityofgrit

Cityofgrit Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I dont think I've ever seen that one, but I like the looks of it. That's sweet!

Logan44551 likes this.
  2. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Cityofgrit likes this.
  3. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Me either I guess it's used a lot in sports training. He picked it up from a local college when they dropped their football program. Should be a good addition for some shoulder and leg work it looks like. Of course it's supposed to rain the next 3 days where I'm at....

Cityofgrit likes this.
  4. Cityofgrit

TANGO.ECHO.KILO likes this.
  5. Cityofgrit

It looks like you can do a lot with it. Hammer Strength machines are great. If a gym has them, they're always my go to for machine work.

flenser and Logan44551 like this.
  6. Artifex

Artifex Member

you are lucky guy Bro :)

flenser, Cityofgrit and Logan44551 like this.
  7. We had one of those, you can remain pretty rigid and isolate like a single arm shoulder press or load it down and really lean into it full body use your legs like a push press movement both hands overhead simultaneous. Reminds me of pushing one of those fuckin lineman sleds in highschool

8. Artifex

Artifex Member

I am planning to get one like yours , pretty awesome , who made yours ?

Logan44551 likes this.
  9. Same one Grit has, its Ethos which I guess is the dick's sporting goods house brand. I think it was $700 new which is far cheaper than any of the rogue racks and seems to be good enough quality for my purposes. Their bumper plates ended up comin out to less than $1/lb new but had to go to 3 stores to find enough...it's early but given the circumstances I'd recommend it for the price point compared to the Rogue stuff etc and the fact I was able to walk out with it same day. Has a pullup cross bar with a variety of hand grips too. Bar is satisfactory, not as good value as the plates and rig

needs to be anchored

Uglyrichie, Artifex and Cityofgrit like this.
  10. Cityofgrit

I checked Rogue, but at the time nothing was available. The price for the Ethos one was too good and I needed a rack ASAP. I'm looking at getting the Ethos landmine attachment as well. We will all have badass home gyms when this is over lol

Worf, Artifex and TANGO.ECHO.KILO like this.
  11. Artifex

Artifex Member

I am going to check them out - problem is I live in Canada ... I found the BellsofSteel
    has location in Canada end their prices are good ...

Btcowboy and Cityofgrit like this.
  12. Artifex

Artifex Member

rogue are pretty pricey and no stuck at all ...
    for sure most of us will have dope home gym ...

Btcowboy and Cityofgrit like this.
  13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Starting to build lifting platform while I wait for the cage, bench, bars, and plates to show up.
    20200404_153912.jpg 20200404_153913.jpg 20200404_135105.jpg

Jankauskas, ickyrica, Den84 and 12 others like this.
  14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Platform built just need to finish it and wait for the equipment to show up. 20200405_153019.jpg

Jankauskas, ickyrica, Rival and 5 others like this.
  15. JP1979

JP1979 Member

That's awesome. Will be badass setup when it's all there.

Btcowboy and Logan44551 like this.
  16. Vincentino

Vincentino Member

What were the type and sizes of the pieces of wood? Looks great!

Btcowboy likes this.
  17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks pretty happy with how it turned out.

Bottom 2 layers are 4 sheets of 1/2 4x8 sheating plywood. The second layer laid opposite of the first layer.
    The center is 3/4 4x8 sanded one side plywood.
    The outsides are 2x8 3/4 inch stall mat.

Worf, Artifex and Vincentino like this.
  18. Artifex

Artifex Member

nice job , Thanks for sharing

Btcowboy likes this.
  19. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Have some 4x4s and a 4x4 piece of the mat left. Going to make 2-16x20x4.75 blocks for block pulls and big deficits, then the remaining mat bolt together to make a couple more blocks at 1.75 inches for blocl pulls and less severe deficits.