liquid carbs

8oz ground beef, 12 oz water, 200g rice goes down pretty easy but it’s an acquired taste definitely.

If you’re not against whey protein I really like a few scoops of pb2, spinach, whey, and frozen berries. Quick digestion and it’s tastes pretty good.

Greek yogurt fat free with frozen berries is easy on the stomach as well.

I’m actually coming off tirz myself right now and have been doing a lot of liquid meals. I actually have a template of some good combos I can dig up I should go look after work
the critical meals are pre and post WO and the carbs for those meals, I have no problem drinking whey, can't add any fat to those two meals, so need clean carb and protein only and best if not all sugary of course, need to be quality carbs, I have already honey and banana as "sugar" the rest of the meal need to be same glycemic index as cornflakes/jasmine rice/rice cream stuff like that

8oz ground beef, 12 oz water, 200g rice goes down pretty easy but it’s an acquired taste definitely.

If you’re not against whey protein I really like a few scoops of pb2, spinach, whey, and frozen berries. Quick digestion and it’s tastes pretty good.

Greek yogurt fat free with frozen berries is easy on the stomach as well.

I’m actually coming off tirz myself right now and have been doing a lot of liquid meals. I actually have a template of some good combos I can dig up I should go look after work

Thank you

Sampei is after carby stuff

He says he is fed up with cream of rice kind of thing, I think

Fresh squeezed orange juice is pretty calorie dense well really any real 100% juice not from concentrate. I drink grapefruit juice after my workout for quick carbs. For easy to eat carbs a bagel with honey or jam has 75g carbs and I can eat very easy

I’ll add some more ideas in here. Granted I don’t remember the macros or fats. This is what I do when I need calories or I can’t sit down and pound a full meal.

I’m huge into pre /intra / post workout carbs. I’m my hungriest around lifting.

My go to’s
-
Pre workout

-cream of rice /wheat in shaker with whey
(Chug it down. It’s like sandy water)
-instant oat packets and whey
- wheat cereals. A single serving is pretty small and easy to down (carbs add up quick with this)
- Fruity pre workout mixed with blended fruits and whatever other carb sources
- fruit smoothies

Intra
-Gatorade powder (dextrose) big tub is cheap. $8-12
- Karbolyn ( derived from potatoes/yams I believe) little pricey $50+
- Maltodextrin (cheap source of carbs)

- pretty much anything from the list above mixed with 2 scoops of protein
- blended up chicken/beef and rice

Some people add some water flavor enhancer or cinnamon with the blended meat and rice… I’ve never tried it. But it’s worth trying if you can’t handle the meat flavor liquid
-
I’m by no means a person who tries to compete or stay shredded. So some of these may affect you differently & or aren’t great for certain goals.
I just love the pumps & strength from all the carbs. Doing these things above, make over 600 carbs a day pretty easy.

I just want to add to guys eating cream of rice or any cereals to be cautions of iron content. I only buy cereals with no added iron. The orange box of cream of rice has a shit ton of iron in it. For someone on gear eating lots of meat I would keep it to one serving a day max imo

I just want to add to guys eating cream of rice or any cereals to be cautions of iron content. I only buy cereals with no added iron. The orange box of cream of rice has a shit ton of iron in it. For someone on gear eating lots of meat I would keep it to one serving a day max imo
Oh shit ya forgot bout that!

Rice and Grind does not.

Everyone keeps forgetting it's supposed to be liquid carbs.
And so enter the bagels.
Again.
I mean, super nice, but a little too chewy for being considered liquid...
Y' get me?

Last edited:
a cup is about 236 ml

This cup stuff is a pita.
You know when they say baking is a science.
How accurate can you be, using that instead of scales with grams?
You can't. It stresses me out, all the conversions.
Why are people in the States so attached to cups, still?
All recipes I have seen are like that.

Sampei: Oatly Light

Ingredients Water, OATS 10%, acidity regulator (dipotassium phosphate), minerals (calcium carbonate, potassium iodide), salt, vitamins (D2, riboflavin, B12).

Nutrition information per 100ml:Nutrition information per 100ml:, Energy164kJ/39kcal
Fat0.5g
of which saturates0.1g
Carbohydrates7.1g
Of which sugars3.4g
Fibre0.8g
Protein1.1g
Salt0.10g

Put in the blender with a cup ;) of orange juice.

Yes.
Like i said earlier, the ninja is your friend.
But then I took it as "what is kind of ready made and I don't have to bother with kitchen equipment".
Maybe because that is what I would look for, lol.

So, that is why I have been finding this hard. Not a lot of options, like that.
You do need to blend stuff, otherwise cream of rice it is.
What about instant potato puree...

Sampei: Oatly Light

Ingredients Water, OATS 10%, acidity regulator (dipotassium phosphate), minerals (calcium carbonate, potassium iodide), salt, vitamins (D2, riboflavin, B12).

Nutrition information per 100ml:Nutrition information per 100ml:, Energy164kJ/39kcal
Fat0.5g
of which saturates0.1g
Carbohydrates7.1g
Of which sugars3.4g
Fibre0.8g
Protein1.1g
Salt0.10g
It's not too bad but 5gr of fat for 71gr of carbs let's say it's doable but not the best for a no fat meal. I have a very low fat diet at the moment and around insulin use fats are kept at 0 or close to that.

Yeah guys thanks for the suggestions but most of those shakes blends you are writing are more for increasing calories at the end of the day. That's not the problem here, the problem is finding a carb source that can be liquid and has more or less the same glycemic response of the food I have wrote.

Anyway coach says I gotta fix my digestion so halved all macros for 10 days and we will start to see from there if it has improved and we can restart to increase macros and see how it goes. We will see.

What about corn starch? Very bad? Should be super quick to digest and super high in carbs isn't it?

Back