liquid carbs

Yeah that's why I was asking if there was drinkable substitute to stuff like rice cream/cornflakes/jasmine rice etc.
Go to truenutrition and make one… protein and carbs all in one and have it sent easy peazy… now be done with this and go forth and prosper

I get what you mean. It's going to be hard to accomplish without something sweet.

Have you considered making your own rice milk?

Oh, yeah, I was trying to think of something earlier and it just came to me, waxy maize. No fat, lots of carbs, not very sweet. Maybe a bit expensive.

Glucose response may not be as high as you like.

There's also tapioca starch.
Waxy maize cost more or less same as maltodextrin and dextrose for 1kg so it's very good money wise.

It's slow digestion and not high glycemic BUT I guess If you mix it with some dextrose or maltodextrine you can raise the total glycemic index or at least have a good mix of fast and slower one? Just throwing ideas here I have no real experience about it.

Sugary stuff are not a problem just not 100% of the total carb from it so I can always mix one with another to average it out

It's slow digestion and not high glycemic BUT I guess If you mix it with some dextrose or maltodextrine you can raise the total glycemic index or at least have a good mix of fast and slower one? Just throwing ideas here I have no real experience about it.

I've used it for longer bike rides and never in concert with insulin. Maybe a BG monitor would give some sense of how quickly it hits.

Pure sweet potato powder . True nutrition Carries it. Considering the low glycemic load of sweet potato, you’ll be able to avoid blood sugar issues in comparison to more simple carbs especially in the form of liquids. Also get a nice amount of potassium.

Back