Long term HGH dose?

jackmeoff1

10+ Year Member
Been on 2.5 IU of gh for over 3 years now which puts my IGF-1 levels at about the top of the standard reference range. I kicked it up to 4 IU for 12 weeks and man did it make a difference in how well I recover from my training. I train in jiu jitsu and I was able to add 2 sessions to my weekly schedule. I take metformin and my blood sugar remained low at that dose too.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading about high IGF-1 levels and it’s correlation to certain cancers. I assume the 4 iu puts me well above the reference range.

I spoke with a few doctors and you can probably guess what their option is but I wanted to see what some experiences with long term GH use might be. What dose y’all cruise on?

Been on 2.5 IU of gh for over 3 years now which puts my IGF-1 levels at about the top of the standard reference range. I kicked it up to 4 IU for 12 weeks and man did it make a difference in how well I recover from my training. I train in jiu jitsu and I was able to add 2 sessions to my weekly schedule. I take metformin and my blood sugar remained low at that dose too.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading about high IGF-1 levels and it’s correlation to certain cancers. I assume the 4 iu puts me well above the reference range.

I spoke with a few doctors and you can probably guess what their option is but I wanted to see what some experiences with long term GH use might be. What dose y’all cruise on?
Did your body weight go up much when you went to 4iu/day?

That's the levels of an old man

No. Those are levels of an early 30'yo ... It's no secret where hrt doses of GH lie. I suggest everybody here stop talking out of their asses and do some research. It's really not healthy to be using 2 or more iu's long term.

He's right. GH replacement dose is just 1-2iu per day. Some guys feel better on 1iu/day.
I've cut back to 1iu/day because 2iu added 5lbs on me with zero increase in strength and gave me sore knees when I run.

So you want IGF 1 levels of about 100? Because that is roughly what 1 iu longterm will get you. That's even lower than older guys have before they start HGH

By all means tho you are welcome to do 1 iu longterm for anti aging / health etc if it makes you happy, but I strongly disagree. 3-4 iu longterm is much more ideal imo

No. Those are levels of an early 30'yo ... It's no secret where hrt doses of GH lie. I suggest everybody here stop talking out of their asses and do some research. It's really not healthy to be using 2 or more iu's long term.

A guy in his early 30s do not have Igf 1 levels of 100 - 150. I don't know what weird data you are looking at

So you want IGF 1 levels of about 100? Because that is roughly what 1 iu longterm will get you. That's even lower than older guys have before they start HGH

By all means tho you are welcome to do 1 iu longterm for anti aging / health etc if it makes you happy, but I strongly disagree. 3-4 iu longterm is much more ideal imo

Yes, I am talking about HRT and not cruising, which is by definition still not physiological but enhanced and thus not healthy.

I mean, if you feel good, healthy etc with those levels, go nuts

You do realize the distinction between HRT and being on cycle/cruise? Cruising is not healthy. A 2.5, 3, 4iu's of GH is a "cruise" and you can not sustain that long term - without consequences and feeling good or bad is not necessarily corelated with the fact if it's healthy or not.

You do realize the distinction between HRT and being on cycle/cruise? Cruising is not healthy. A 2.5, 3, 4iu's of GH is a "cruise" and you can not sustain that long term - without consequences and feeling good or bad is not necessarily corelated with the fact if it's healthy or not.

I don't believe that doses of 3-4 iu long term is bad for you. The cancer correlation is very controversial. Longterm IGF 1 levels of 3-400 will keep your joints, tendons, muscles and bones healthy. It will help keep your brain and cogntive functions healthy along with keeping you lean and improving your skin.

If youre of the belief that those levels longterm are bad for you tho, then we just agree to disagree

If youre of the belief that those levels longterm are bad for you tho, then we just agree to disagree

Fine. Fair enough. I wont bother convincing you.

I would advise, however, that you research this a bit further, before you harm yourself, or others, with your advice. Cancer is far from being the only factor in regards to GH use, albeit at first glance, the most scary one.

Fine. Fair enough. I wont bother convincing you.

I would advise, however, that you research this a bit further, before you harm yourself, or others, with your advice. Cancer is far from being the only factor in regards to GH use, albeit at first glance, the most scary one.

Im not closed off to the idea of learning new information. What other harmful factors are you thinking about tho? Genuinely curious